Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Alex Jones destroys piers morgan

Creator: FireLord January 9, 2013 12:05pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2013 12:02pm | Report
@Firelord:

I like nuclear energy, I was just using a nuclear armed world as an example, I like nuclear bombs and I like nuclear energy

Nuclear energy is both cleaner and safer than coal or gas, but politicians like to get inside peoples heads and associate the word nuclear with anything that involves the mass murder of people. It's quite the opposite, a lot of places in the united states are powered by nuclear energy, it's just a misconception that it's not clean or safe

sirell wrote:

Yup. Though I don't understand how they think they can get away with hiding nuclear bombings of Japan in their history.

you act like we're ashamed of that? You're welcome for winning WW2 for you. Oh and we don't feel bad about saving 1.5 million American lives by deciding to drop a nuke instead of invading Japan

Quoted:

^lmao...'cause the American education system totally doesn't skate over all the **** we pulled and pretend like everything's just fine and dandy.

never said i condone that, and in all honesty it depends on your class. If you take upperlevel history courses in high school and even indepth history courses in college go into great detail of Japanese containment camps, slaughter of indians, etc.

In any case, when has it been glorified? I don't see many textbooks talking about 'how great the mass murder of indians was so we could get them out of our lands'

In anycase, I have a hard to believing that it is worse than anything going on in Europe in the 1930's-1940's. But apparently they glorify all the technological revolution over there
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
FireLord
<Member>
FireLord's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2013 12:16pm | Report
sirell wrote:
The only upside to nuclear energy seems to be that it just produces lots of energy.

its cleaner than fossil fuels and produces constant reliable energy unlike solar and stuff. if you do things right then solar can be used to power things even through the night, but imagine its clouded for days during the winter, then itll be useless.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ rєmєmвєr tσ +rєp mє íf í dєsєrvє ít! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★ тнαикѕ тσ тнє_иαмєℓєѕѕ_вαя∂ fσя тнιѕ αмαzιиg ѕιgиαтυяє! ★ ★ ★
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2013 12:30pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:
you act like we're ashamed of that? You're welcome for winning WW2 for you. Oh and we don't feel bad about saving 1.5 million American lives by deciding to drop a nuke instead of invading Japan

Yes, because you totally won the war for us. Let's ignore the English and French and Canadians and Belgians and Polish and the Republic of China and other miscellaneous countries which took part. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

So, 1.5m American lives (not that this number is potentially accurate, since Trumann said it was probably half a million) are better than the ~200,000 - 300,000 Japanese people (part of which were civilians)? Yeah, I can totally see why you wouldn't feel bad. Did you know that American-Japanese civilians were killed too?

To be proud of genocide instead of ashamed. Oh, how life must be so enriching for you from up on high, judging all us mere mortals.

I wonder if a demonstrational bombing would have worked instead, hm? No, no, no, we must have the largest 'shock factor'. Yes, indeedy. It won't seem like overkill at all. Not one bit.
FireLord
<Member>
FireLord's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2013 12:44pm | Report
sirell wrote:
So, 1.5m American lives (not that this number is potentially accurate, since Trumann said it was probably half a million) are better than the ~200,000 - 300,000 Japanese people (part of which were civilians)?

well, yes. 1.5 million american lives are 5 times more than 0.3 million japanese lives. isn't it basic math? even if what your sdaying is tru and its only 0.5 million its still better. its not about americans or japanese, its about the number of lives.

sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2013 12:51pm | Report
To be honest, if that's the attitude all Americans took, I'd have rather the 1.5m died.

Why don't you try imagining telling that to the relatives, friends and associates of the 0.3m Japanese (and also others who were there at the time) people that died? I'm sure the fact that it saved 1.5m American people will strike them as much, much better.

As you can see, it's not about the number of lives.
FireLord
<Member>
FireLord's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2013 12:57pm | Report
what? that doesnt make it any sense. how does that prove its not about the number of lives?
well, i guess it does prove its not about the number of lives TO YOU. your saying that its better to let 1.5 million die than to kill 300k japanese, you clearly just want to watch american people get killed

"oh, a japanese man wants to kill our family. sorry kids, were 5 and his 1, so i cant shoot him and i have to let him shoot us. you know, its wrong to kill someone whos attacking you even if its too saved 5 times as many lives!"

sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2013 1:02pm | Report
*Shrug* If it doesn't make sense to you, then I'm not going to waste my breath explaining it to you.
For utter hilarity, click >>here<<!

FireLord
<Member>
FireLord's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2013 1:04pm | Report
sirell wrote:

*Shrug* If it doesn't make sense to you, then I'm not going to waste my breath explaining it to you.

it only makes sense to a psycopath and racist like you. if you say that 1 japanese life is worth 5 times as much as an american life then its being racist because your saying americans are inferior.

im reporting you for racism. american lives are not inferior to other, everyones life is worth the same whether you live in africa or in europe or in america or in japan.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2013 1:26pm | Report
Well, this isn't going anywhere. All this discussion has lead to is people calling each other names and being rude to each other for no good reason.

On top of that, I don't see how WW2 or 'Japanese lives vs. American lives' has anything to do with the original topic of the thread. If you want to continue this discussion, I suggest you start using personal messages.

And FireLord, I hardly think it's fair to call someone else a racist if you look at your own comment a couple of pages back:

FireLord wrote:
american > europe

......Yeah, thread locked.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide