Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Any TV series that are worth watching?

Creator: Janitsu April 12, 2014 1:48pm
PoisonIvy
<Member>
PoisonIvy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2014 3:25pm | Report
American Horror Story Season 1, after that it gets worse and worse.
RuPaul's Drag Race, funniest reality show ever.
Arrested Development
Orange is the new black
Sherlock

Signature by Emikadon
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2014 3:32pm | Report
Quoted:

American Horror Story Season 1 and Season 3. Season 2 was good, but not amazing.

Really? I thought everyone hated the first season compared to the second? I liked both, haven't watched the third.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2014 3:35pm | Report
I personally enjoy House a lot. The fact it has a formula in it can be a bit obnoxious at times, especially when they're trying to force it. Although Seasons 1-4 are really solid. Season 5 and 6 are still pretty good, after that.. well let's say you gotta be a fan to stick to it.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2014 3:39pm | Report
Let's be fair, House is no different from any other medical drama, or even crime dramas.

"Did we fill up 50 minutes? Good. Here's what actually happened." ~The formula for all medical/crime dramas.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2014 3:43pm | Report

Let's be fair, House is no different from any other medical drama, or even crime dramas.

Did we fill up 50 minutes? Good. Here's what actually happened." ~The formula for all medical/crime dramas.

Its protagonist makes it different, and especially the earlier seasons have episodes that put a nice spin to the general formula. Also the stories are just overall well-written with characters we care about. After season 4-5 it starts to become really forced.

EDIT: Also, Hugh Laurie and Robert Sean Leonard are just so good together. That alone is a reason to watch this show.
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2014 4:28pm | Report
(Re)watch Firefly.
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2014 4:40pm | Report

Really? I thought everyone hated the first season compared to the second? I liked both, haven't watched the third.

Must have heard it wrong. Almost everyone disliked S2 and almost everyone loved S1. I don't know how people feel about S3, but I loved it.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2014 4:42pm | Report
astrolia wrote:

(Re)watch Firefly.

Man I don't even know, after watching Firefly the knowledge that it was cancelled after a single season made me lose all hope in humankind.
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2014 6:26pm | Report
Well, it aired starting on episode 2 cause Joss Whedon was too stubborn to make a less than 2hr long first episode. Was kind of in a grave from the start.
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2014 6:47pm | Report
It's actually 86 minutes but ya. Most science fiction tends to have a feature-length opening episode, though, at least most of the stuff I've watched. I feel like it's usually necessary if you want to properly introduce a whole new universe. I'd rather blame it on Fox being too stubborn to air a longer episode and instead airing them out of order in a ****py timeslot, causing people to have no idea who the hell any of the characters were and what was going on. There's like four or so episodes towards the end that they never even aired at all. Fox suck.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide