Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account






Or

It's time for the Season 14 Guide Contest! Create or update guides during the following week to compete for the $4,500 prize pool! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Archive of the Greatest Drama on Mobafire

Creator: FatelBlade June 25, 2016 9:54pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
7192
Joined:
Aug 3rd, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2016 1:02am | Report
Searz wrote:
I was the only **********er in that thread that actually posted anything of substance on the topic, because everybody else just jumped on the "Ur wrong" bandwagon and called me a ****** without posting any evidence backing their claims up.
VERIFY YOUR CLAIMS PEOPLE. IT'S THE BASIS OF ANY FRUITFUL DISCUSSION.

Actually, there were plenty of people who backed up their statements, you just didn't agree with the points they made because they were based more on the experience of those players than the raw math that you're such a fan of. That's fine, but don't pretend that no one tried to actually explain to you why they felt the way they did, lol.


That one time when MobafireTV hired a bunch of nonames that were streaming to 20-30k bots :^)

I know you're probably just meming but the fact that you actually called them bots instead of something along the lines of "people who didn't know they were watching" tilts me.


jhoijhoi wrote:
^I remember writing a blog post about it and being shut down for "groundless accusations" :3

I was in a Skype group at the time of which several members were accused (not sure if it was in the blog itself or in the comments) even though I knew they hadn't told each other to go downvote specific guides, so yeah, I definitely remember defending those people :P

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
10485
Joined:
Oct 16th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2016 5:52am | Report
Searz wrote:
I remember making a thread about theorizing whether an item could be good in a specific build.
Here's roughly how the conversation went (obviously paraphrasing):

Me: Could this be any good?

Everybody: No.

Me: Why?

Everybody: Because it isn't.

Me: That's not an answer, math plx.

And then everybody got super mad at me and called me all kinds of nasty things D:

After a bunch of pages I did the math myself because most people were too occupied being *******s to post anything of value. You guys (you know who you are) should be ashamed of yourselves >:[

Also, soz, no link, I have no memory of what the thread name was.

I only remember seeing that with the Hurricane Caitlyn discussion, which has already been mentioned in the thread. What I remember of it (having quickly skimmed through it again) is that people told you you should use a crit build rather than your Hurricane-centric build, but you argued that Hurricane was really strong on Caitlyn because it did a lot of DPS when you did the maths for it, while not doing the maths for any of the items you were replacing it with. And you were also told that it was much more valuable for an ADC to concentrate all their DPS onto a single enemy rather than splitting it into AoE, but you insisted that people provide 'proof' or 'maths' for all their claims, which I don't think anyone wanted to do for a build that so clearly did more damage just by comparing how they perform in real games, and you just argued that AoE was just as good/better than single-target DPS, which isn't really something that can be proven so people could do nothing about that except say "you're wrong", which you put people down for since they weren't providing proof to go with that statement.

But it turns out you were right all along, cuz now Runaan's Hurricane is core on Caitlyn.

All hail Searz the prophet! Our very own Genja!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
13418
Joined:
Jun 6th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2016 9:18am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:
Actually, there were plenty of people who backed up their statements, you just didn't agree with the points they made because they were based more on the experience of those players than the raw math that you're such a fan of. That's fine, but don't pretend that no one tried to actually explain to you why they felt the way they did, lol.
Experience is a really unreliable measurement when the difference is very small.

Motivate =/= verify. Two very different things. I was the only one that verified anything.

And it's funny that I was the one that presented verification of other people's claims that I was wrong. The calculations ended up showing that Ruunan's was worse. Not bad, but not as good at the most optimal crit build. That should show that I care more about learning and knowledge than I do about being right.
people told you you should use a crit build rather than your Hurricane-centric build, but you argued that Hurricane was really strong on Caitlyn because it did a lot of DPS when you did the maths for it, while not doing the maths for any of the items you were replacing it with.
Nono, that wasn't it at all. I argued that it could be better, and this was before I did the math. And when I did the math I did it properly; comparing it to a crit build. I don't do half-***ed math :P
Quoted:
you insisted that people provide 'proof' or 'maths' for all their claims
Yep. Trust but verify :D
"Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine." - deityignis

"MY WHOLE LIFE IS A WANK." - WTTNHK

"There are boobs...LOTS OF BOOBS. And then Obama comes out of no where." - JEFFY40HANDS, on Air Gear
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
12983
Joined:
Jan 17th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2016 9:48am | Report
But it turns out you were right all along, cuz now Runaan's Hurricane is core on Caitlyn.
It's funny because it only became core on her after they added crit and MS to it. 8D
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
10485
Joined:
Oct 16th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2016 10:41am | Report
Searz wrote:
That should show that I care more about learning and knowledge than I do about being right.

That's funny, because I don't recall you ever admitting you were wrong. :^)
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
3211
Joined:
Mar 15th, 2013
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2016 7:05am | Report
I remember this guy and his comments on Laggermeister's guide on how to write a proper guide; there are plenty of other examples of highly toxic guide discussions, for example that one Sion guide
Thanks to Emikadon for this sig!
TheSilverDust
<Member>
TheSilverDust's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1611
Joined:
Jan 28th, 2015
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2016 8:11am | Report
I badly want to see some drama here on this site.
Sig made by me!
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
2308
Joined:
Sep 5th, 2013
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2016 9:40am | Report
There was literally just small scale drama in this thread

Basically MOBAFire.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
6381
Joined:
Jan 10th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2016 9:57am | Report
emoriam wrote:
I remember this guy and his comments on Laggermeister's guide on how to write a proper guide; there are plenty of other examples of highly toxic guide discussions, for example that one Sion guide


I also remember there was a diamond-5 girl who made all kinds of thrash support guides (coin heal max sona), which resulted in lots of drama. Was quite fun too.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
13418
Joined:
Jun 6th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2016 3:01pm | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:
I also remember a huge discussion between some fire guy and Searz (or sirell) about whether a statement can be offensive without being personally offended by it.
Yep, I don't remember FireLord being a part of that discussion though (he might still have been, I just don't remember). And that discussion was pretty tame if I remember correctly.
I did have other heated conversations with Canoas (AKA FireLord, AKA XxShadowAssassinxX, the bans rained justly). That guy was a giant ****ing *******. He literally messaged me on steam about how he was going to troll people on the site. He constantly argued in circles and at times it was hard to tell where his trolling ended and his stupidity started. I genuinely tried to communicate with him, get him to stop his abusive behavior, but to no avail.
That's funny, because I don't recall you ever admitting you were wrong. :^)
I believe said something along the lines of "It's slightly worse." as a conclusion. If people are too dumb to make the connection then I think that's the least of their problems :P
There was literally just small scale drama in this thread
Psshh, if this is drama then I'm Harry Potter.
"I love the dirty bomb tag because i get either

a) posts about the game

b) current world affairs" - steel-sentry
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide