Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[Assignment] Science Technology Society Reflection

Creator: jhoijhoi October 27, 2013 8:50pm
What do you think of my critical self reflection?
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2013 8:50pm | Report
Thanks to Pheyniex for helping me out.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Janitsu ♡
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2013 3:27am | Report
It confuses me when reports and such things are not in impersonal passive, but w/e.

1. you quote a bunch of scientific papers (found any limitations, incorrections or other details worth mentioning? If not, might be good to say)
2. what did you notice during the lesson? you definitely have some subjective input about it (ie, not the cellphone stuff)
3. do you think forcing participation (i.e: questions, asking to go to the board, asking opinions) would have changed anything.
4. could you have taken advantage of more time, like your colllegues did? talking slower, making small pauses, etc.
5. did you have enough visual support in a diversified fashion (graphs, pictures, etc)
6. "Bryk and Driscoll (1998) argues"?
7. Even though they have tried to make themselves like younger people, what differences would you expect between them and real youngsters.
8. I'm considering you have no limit on your writing.
9: should you enumerate your strengths and weaknesses as a teacher?
10. i'm tired of riting already. i hope I gave you a good critique.
11. win of the day time. see you!

As requested to GMD himself.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2013 4:04am | Report
Thanks for the feedback, Pheyniex!

First person: It has to be in first person as it is a reflection of my own thoughts and opinions.

Quoting (referencing): This is not required in the parameters of my assignment. If I was writing a reflection on the articles themselves, I would have discussed these.

Subjective input: With this sort of reflection you want to pick the "biggest" problems and write about possible solutions to said problems. I chose student engagement, lesson pacing and scientific concepts.

Forcing participation: There's only so much you can command. It's sort of a respect thing. When talking to your friends you don't ask them to turn off their phones if someone texts them. Same sort of deal. In a classroom environment, that sort of thing won't occur. Didn't really need to force participation.

Time: Yes. If I had the 55 minutes previous people had, things may have progressed differently. The feedback relating to time and "being rushed/speaking too quickly" is due to time constraints, thus not really valid in a sense.

Visual support: Don't know if you read the copy+paste version, or looked via the link, but I included the PowerPoint I used. I had plenty enough visual things :)

"Bryk and Driscoll (1998) argues" - this is how you reference people. It's called "in-text referencing".

Differences in age: This is a good point. I did sort of cover this with the Marsh reference to high school behaviour patterns. I didn't think I needed to cover more than that.

Word limit: My peers varied from 1000-1500. My word count is 1350 for the reflection alone. A lot of my peers didn't submit lesson plans/have an appendix. I don't want to annoy the tutor with too much text.

Enumerate your strengths and weaknesses as a teacher: I summarise the whole reflection in the conclusion, stating my strengths and my weaknesses and how to improve.

Thanks again! I really appreciate it :)

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2013 5:11am | Report
> *enters*
> *sees wall of text*
> *votes "It was awful"*
"We've had a few gloomy years with bad console ports, and what do we get in the light at the end of the console-tunnel? A tablet OS ported to PC." - Atlas Tasume, on Windows 8
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2013 6:54am | Report
Searz, you crack me up every time. Your funniness is magnificent to behold; such mastery of words and phrases. Please teach me. I live to learn.

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2013 7:03am | Report
Sorry babe, you can't learn this kind of awesomeness. You're born with it.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide