Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Best LoL Gaming Mouse of 2016?

Creator: khi4l March 26, 2016 7:57pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3
khi4l
<Member>
khi4l's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2016 7:57pm | Report
Hey guys ,

I have been looking for a new gaming mouse for LoL. But It is very hard to choose a really good one.. Are these really the best mice one the market for MMORPG right now?

http://mousearea.com/best-mmo-gaming-mouse-2016/

Let me know what you guys think? and which one do you recommend?

Cheers
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2016 8:27pm | Report
I've got a logitech proteus spectrum and I'm really liking it.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Proteus-Spectrum-Tunable-910-004615/dp/B019OB663A?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

if you like a lighter mouse the Hyperion Fury is also nice.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwisn9WM9d_LAhXDOyYKHedkAb8QFggdMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgaming.logitech.com%2Fen-us%2Fproduct%2Fg402-hyperion-fury-fps-gaming-mouse&usg=AFQjCNFDxZPkNC_3-Ao4qGTEPwIQ0wekpg&sig2=nZVfJTAhdT8MR147RT-mXg

The proteus spectrum is a little heavier and you can add weights that come with it to tune more to your liking. I found the Hyperion Fury to be a little light though also quite good.

I also like that you can turn either to only have one DPS setting as I was having problems with some other mice switching DPS during the middle of a match even when I had that feature turned off in their software.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2016 7:18am | Report
khi4l wrote:
I have been looking for a new gaming mouse for LoL. But It is very hard to choose a really good one.. Are these really the best mice one the market for MMORPG right now?

http://mousearea.com/best-mmo-gaming-mouse-2016/

"MMO" mice are pretty dumb in general. The mouse is not supposed to be a keyboard, the more buttons you cram on the side of the mouse the lower precision will be, because your grip is affected.
2 thumb buttons is a requirement, but beyond 3-4 extra buttons the rest are just a waste. Make better use of your keyboard instead.

VexRoth wrote:
The proteus spectrum is a little heavier and you can add weights that come with it to tune more to your liking. I found the Hyperion Fury to be a little light though also quite good.

Higher weight is almost solely a negative thing when it comes to mice. It hinders movement, which is especially bad when playing FPS games. Some gamers even go as far as taking their mice apart to remove parts just to make their mice lighter.

Aside from a slightly superior sensor I'd say that G502 is inferior to G402.

Both are good of course, but general design seems slightly better on G402.

As for other mice FinalMouse seems like a really good one. Haven't tried it, but it's incredibly lightweight, has a top notch sensor and nice looking ergonomics.
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2016 7:54am | Report
Searz wrote:

"MMO" mice are pretty dumb in general. The mouse is not supposed to be a keyboard, the more buttons you cram on the side of the mouse the lower precision will be, because your grip is affected.
2 thumb buttons is a requirement, but beyond 3-4 extra buttons the rest are just a waste. Make better use of your keyboard instead.

From my experience(that being roughly 1,5 years with a logitech g600), that's not entirely true. When playing something where you need as much accuracy as possible, I would not recommend trying to press some button on the side of the mouse, true. You don't really need that for stuff league emotes and the various kinds of pings though, and you can fit all the pings and emotes and then some on the mouse(the g600 also has a button that functions like shift on the keyboard by default). What made me not want to go back to using something with less buttons is the fact that I bound button combinations like ctrl+c to the buttons. I can do 99% of all the combinations you would use in a without touching my keyboard.
I would not give this mouse an unconditional recommendation though. 12 thump buttons take some getting used to and the mouse is pretty heavy, so go to a store or or a friend or something and try it out before you spend any money.

As far as other mmo mice go, besides the g600, I know of some razer mice(naga and naga hex I think) and something from corsair. I only ever held the naga in my hands for like 10 seconds though and I never even saw the corsair one IRL.
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2016 8:22am | Report
I've had a Logitech G500s for a while now and I really like it.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2016 7:53pm | Report
http://www.amazon.com/TeckNet-Raptor-Gaming-Button-Weight/dp/B00E290JRE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1459306368&sr=8-3-spons&keywords=gaming+mouse&psc=1

If you pay more than 15 dollars for a "Gaming mouse" you're doing it to either stroke your own **** or for placebo.
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2016 4:27am | Report
Toshabi wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/TeckNet-Raptor-Gaming-Button-Weight/dp/B00E290JRE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1459306368&sr=8-3-spons&keywords=gaming+mouse&psc=1

If you pay more than 15 dollars for a "Gaming mouse" you're doing it to either stroke your own **** or for placebo.

those look like they are designed by a 12 year-old on ectasy. Get one of these instead, they are clearly better

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-910-002516-Cube-Mouse/dp/B007F5LYVM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1459337232&sr=8-1&keywords=cube+mouse
Thanks to IPodPulse for this <3^
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2016 11:18pm | Report
I've been using a finalmouse ever since I switched due to hand/wrist pain. Don't regret it at all. Sensor is perfect, and its really light and comfortable to use as well.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 1, 2016 7:51am | Report
^Yeah, it seems great. I'd get one too if I didn't have to import it. No local shops (as in online shops in my country) have it.
"Doing something, almost being done, then parents come in and don't let you finish.
Yes, I had a rough childhood." - devdevil
Roguish Bard
<Member>
Roguish Bard's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 1, 2016 8:34am | Report
I'd disagree on the sentiment of MMO mice being a waste of money, and it's also not fair to chastise those who buy them. Mice, and by extension, all hardware for a PC is highly preferential. Your version of "optimal" for gaming is likely highly different than mine, or someone elses.

I personally use a Corsair Scimitar and I have no complaints. Before that I used a Naga hex and Epic. I personally prefer the wight of the mice, as well as the placement of the buttons.
1 2 3

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide