Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

CS Theory

Creator: B-Wong July 8, 2011 10:11pm
12 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 8, 2011 10:11pm | Report
The game actually scales with the amount of farm that they give you. Every minute on the minute they give you around 100 minion kills worth of gold. If you're an extremely bad player such as those described by a nice fellow from the "Official LoL IGN Roster" group and only have 7 CS by 8 minutes, the effect of the farm given to you is completely void and you actually have to auto attack minion waves until the minions will MAYBE be willing to offer up their gold (they're like leprechauns). If they do decide that you are worthy of receiving their prized gold, then the game marks it as a creep kill.

A theory which this theoretic "creep kill" comes from is a stem of idiocy from the fables of the many low ELO nibnarbs that claim that minions produce gold upon their death. How this theory came about is completely unknown, but it is a fact that the minions go through a process of judgement where each minion,with it's own free will, personally decides whether you, as a player/summoner, are worthy of receiving their prize. Upon successful judgement the minions forfeit their lives in order rto provide you with their life savings in the form of gold.

So in a way, yes, the gold is received upon the death of a minion, but they were designed to be that way. This also follows the definition of "minion" which is commonly known as a "follower". As a follower of anything and as a follower, each minion will obey the commands of whoever they follower and/or worship. As they do give up their lives as a sacrifice for the summoner's benefit, they are believed to be followers of a faith that believes when the follower decides upon him/herself that the person being judged for receiving the life savings of a minion, that he/she should sacrifice his/her own life for it. But even this provides us a paradox: are the minions actually the ones to be worshipped? Because the minions go through their own process of selecting who is/isn't worthy of receiving their gold, they also pass judgement, an act known to be common practice amongst high powers such as gods and kings.

Due to the nature of the game, 100 cs is given every minute, on the minute so this obviously provides us with some questions that we can merely articulate upon: why do 100 minions willingly sacrifice themselves every minute on the minute? Because of their nature of passing judgement on worthy receivers of their gold, it is believed that every minute 100 more willing minions that have passed judgement onto riot themselves die in order to appease them. Because of their nature of sacrifice it can also be speculated that upon sacrifice they view the person their sacrificing themselves for to be of a higher power.

This also means that Riot can be a large cult because they acquire many many many followers, by which means no one knows, but then they all willingly sacrifice themselves in order to appease Riot, the cult leader. When this happens, all of their life savings is left with Riot and this would explain the 100 cs income every minute on the minute. Every minute on the minute, Riot decides what to do with their 100 new sacrifices (this is only if you're counting one player, it's many more sacrifices if you include the multiple other players in the game) and they continue the tradition of the minions, passing on judgement to each player that they deem worthy of receiving the 100 cs.

This also signifies that Riot themselves are gods or an entity of a higher power due to the fact that they acquire multiple sacrifices while still having the authority to pass judgement on a summoner and whether they deem him/her worthy of 100 cs.

Thus is the endless cycle of speculations and mere conjecture about these mystic creatures known as minions and their high entity that we know as Riot Games.

I posted this in a certain Facebook group but I wanted a few more thoughts on it. I believe the intelligent and forgiving Mobafire community will analyze my speculations with the eyes of a detective.

theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2011 12:59am | Report
For a second I thought you were starting a discussion about computer science and I got a little excited...
*ahem*
I'm not completely sure what you're talking about, but I always imagined that there are a few lines of the same 100 or so minions in existence. When a minion dies, he gets teleported to the back of the line for his respective minion type. I mean it's the same idea behind a champion death, it's not like the champion is actually dying and if they are, they are just revived, so I don't see why the same rules apply to minions. To make things more clear, imagine the nexus as a vending machine, and everytime a minion dies they basically restock their shelf in the vending machine.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2011 2:40am | Report
I thought this was a counter-strike thread. It's too on-topic for off topic.
jhoijhoi wrote:

Also, I think the levels of immorality in this thread are astounding. You'd really throw a child off a boat for your own luggage? Wow.

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2011 2:46am | Report
Wtf did I just read? >.>
"every now and again you come across a game that has so little emotional connection to who you are that you end up standing there, gazing at the screen and saying "I'm just pressing buttons and my life has no meaning,"" - Colin Campbell
BigDaddyPedro
<Member>
BigDaddyPedro's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2011 3:17am | Report
^ My thoughts also.

Want my CS theory?

Last hit, Last hit, Last hit.
Farm, Farm, Farm.
Fap, Fap, Fap.

/Win
Zhank you to jhoijhoi and Spoon as well as wRAth for the awesomez Sigz <3
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2011 8:46am | Report
theBMB wrote:

For a second I thought you were starting a discussion about computer science and I got a little excited...
*ahem*
I'm not completely sure what you're talking about, but I always imagined that there are a few lines of the same 100 or so minions in existence. When a minion dies, he gets teleported to the back of the line for his respective minion type. I mean it's the same idea behind a champion death, it's not like the champion is actually dying and if they are, they are just revived, so I don't see why the same rules apply to minions. To make things more clear, imagine the nexus as a vending machine, and everytime a minion dies they basically restock their shelf in the vending machine.

Yes but minions are less complex lifeforms. It can be assumedyhat they procreate regularly, too, rather than just having the time spent to revive their simple bodies. Who knows.

theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2011 11:22am | Report
procreate? I simply imagined them as cloaks filled with magical energy. No organs there.

Also, I think they should change veigar's bio so that he's just a caster minion who stayed inside the nexus for a little too long.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2011 11:30am | Report
It's clear that these minions are simply leaving their Temple and being slaughtered on their paths home. The gold they drop is not given in any order WE (and our respective minion waves) are the highway men that plauge the opposing teams minions. The gold is not given it is taken, and rightly so, we need their gold to make bigger and better weapons so we can then kill them faster and then sack their TEMPLE muwhahahahahhaha.....Simple "Pinky and The Brain" mechanics DESTROY everything whatever is left is ours......
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2011 12:59pm | Report

It's clear that these minions are simply leaving their Temple and being slaughtered on their paths home. The gold they drop is not given in any order WE (and our respective minion waves) are the highway men that plauge the opposing teams minions. The gold is not given it is taken, and rightly so, we need their gold to make bigger and better weapons so we can then kill them faster and then sack their TEMPLE muwhahahahahhaha.....Simple "Pinky and The Brain" mechanics DESTROY everything whatever is left is ours......

So the lesson behind of League of Legends is to learn how to slaughter innocent people as they try to make their way towards other areas of life? I feel Riot's message behind this game is a little more distinguished than that.

JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2011 2:01pm | Report
Are you sure about that? I mean...Like really? It doesn't come down to blood and guts over innocent travelers; it has to be "deeper" than that...Are wea talking about the same Riot?
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide