Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Dear young earth creationists:

Creator: throatslasher October 8, 2012 8:59am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2012 10:10am | Report
ntb213 wrote:

From what I'm seeing, more and more people are converting to Agnosticism like myself. Religion in a couple hundred years will be obsolete.

Also, pretty much telling them "**** you guys! Religion is worthless!" doesn't help at all. It gives a bad rep for other non religious people. Besides, why take away what helps them sleep at night? If they are more happy believing then let them believe.
http://cdn.motinetwork.net/demotivationalposters.net/image/demotivational-poster/0912/that-word-inigo-montoya-word-think-means-princess-bride-mand-demotivational-poster-1260739585.jpg
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2012 10:48am | Report
ShiftyCake wrote:

I'm going to ignore everything, and only talk about this first post (since most of the rest is just useless ****).
Do you know what science is? It's another religion proven to be fact. Thus, because it is fact, it moved away from being a religion and became science. Doesn't matter whether they named it a religion to begin with, it all started with theorisation. Consider it this way, people once considered the world flat. How did they find out it was round? By going around the world. Science is the religion of "doing things" as such. or was, since once it becomes tangible and fact it could no longer be called a religion.
I'm just spouting theorised nonsense here, so I'll get to my point.
Science is no more worthy in this world then religion is. In fact, it can be argued to be less worthy since it provides no sense of "hope" as a religion does. Yet that is meaningless, since I consider all things equal. Look, what I am trying to say is that your dimwitted and society-focused view is a sign of how little knowledge and understanding you have of this world. To put it in a tangible way, your still "chained" as such to society and have no sense of existence outside of it. You don't understand anything but it, you don't know anything but it, and you don't speak of anything but it. Therefore, no matter how much you spout your nonsense at people, it'll just be a recurring system of nonsense. It'll be rejected, for this view stems directly from the society you live in. This means, it is not your view, but a view of your whole system. It is not your single specialized view, but a view of multiple people. It is nothing new, and so it will be rejected as something old.
Simply put, your argument is meaningless and do not attempt to pretend to understand why such things as religion exist.

bold-> dafuq?
italic-> open for discussion.
underlined -> distorted logic op

science proposed a method to explain observable phenomena.
i'm an atheist. i find there is a reason for things to happen, however random it may seem. muli-entity existence imposes chaoic behavior in what we observe. i rejeced a superior existence nt because of belief but because i noticed there is no need for one. this was all from my intuition, so i accept it has no credit to you. also, there are arguments defending that the creation of the universe does not require anthing else besides what we can state as fact. (u can check StephenHawking's last works for it).

religion surged as a clear, immediate explanaion for what could not be explained with the knowledge avaiable. many religions defined one society but many shared traits, bc people traveled since they could.
it could be obsolete but there will always be people expecting something more. however helpless and uninteligent such people may seem to me, i try not to disrespect them.
i just supprt people should learn more, be curious about mankind and what we alread know. mankind, in general, has no idea what makes them behave the wa the do, so propper educaion is needed (modern educaion barel meets such goal, even in the "developed" world)

Sig made by Aquilegia
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2012 12:15pm | Report
Science has nothing to do with religion. Back to what Phy said...

Religious people are intellectually stunted. They reject knowledge, because all naturalistic and scientific knowledge directly contradicts their religion.

Religions says there is heaven and hell. Scientists say, where is it? Where should we point our telescopes?

Religion says there is a soul. Scientists ask what part of the body it's stored in, what it looks like, etc.

Religion says god created the earth thousands of years ago. Scientists beg to differ.

Religion says lots of ****, and scientists/smart people raise an eyebrow in disbelief.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2012 12:37pm | Report
Something I've kinda always wondered. o:

How come when 'bad people' die, they go to 'hell' and 'satan tortures them'?

I mean, apparently god, and satan are mortal enemies right?
So you break gods rules, and upset him, and get on his bad side, his ENEMY punishes you.

I've always been kinda curious as to how this makes sense to anyone. Wouldn't you think Satan would reward you in some way? Additionally, what the hell does he GET from torturing dead people? Absolutely nothing! Also, if your 'soul' leaves your body and goes on to hell alone, this may blow your mind, but YOU WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO FEEL PAIN, YOU NEED NERVES FOR THAT!

To everyone who says 'why hate religion so much? It doesn't harm anyone' YES IT DOES! Do you realize how many people have died, how many wars have been started as a DIRECT RESULT of religion?

Religion NEEDS to die, that is a simple fact.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2012 12:40pm | Report
How come when 'bad people' die, they go to 'hell' and 'satan tortures them'?

I mean, apparently god, and satan are mortal enemies right?
So you break gods rules, and upset him, and get on his bad side, his ENEMY punishes you.

Supposedly satan doesn't like humans and god just lets him do whatever he wants with non-believers when they die
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2012 12:41pm | Report
Didn't Christianity abolish hell a few years back?
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2012 12:49pm | Report
But I don't really get that, why does he hate humans? Doesn't really make sense. And even if he HAD a good reason, why torture them forever? I pretty well hate mosquitoes, but it's not like I ENJOY killing them, I just want them to piss off. It's not like humans are always chasing satan around bothering him, so he kills them a bunch to make them stop.

Yeah, pretty sure they said they made it up. :P

But people still believe it exists, and also, that kinda punches a hole in the rest of the religion, what happens if you're bad and you die? Do you just die like everyone actually does?

And I'm not really an expert, but I don't really think a religion admitting half of what they have said was made up is a good sign for that religion, even if I was previously christian, I'd probably stop believing at that point ._.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2012 12:57pm | Report

Science has nothing to do with religion. Back to what Phy said...

Religious people are intellectually stunted. They reject knowledge, because all naturalistic and scientific knowledge directly contradicts their religion.

Religions says there is heaven and hell. Scientists say, where is it? Where should we point our telescopes?

Religion says there is a soul. Scientists ask what part of the body it's stored in, what it looks like, etc.

Religion says god created the earth thousands of years ago. Scientists beg to differ.

Religion says lots of ****, and scientists/smart people raise an eyebrow in disbelief.

you have a point with the wrong reasons...

Sig made by elenah
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2012 1:37pm | Report
But I don't really get that, why does he hate humans? Doesn't really make sense. And even if he HAD a good reason, why torture them forever? I pretty well hate mosquitoes, but it's not like I ENJOY killing them, I just want them to piss off. It's not like humans are always chasing satan around bothering him, so he kills them a bunch to make them stop.

I think he doesn't like humans because god created angels first but likes humans more. And why not torture them? He has to share hell with humans for all eternity, might as well torture them.
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2012 2:13pm | Report
Expand on that, Phy.
Science = inquisitive
Religion = not inquisitive

Once a religious person starts asking serious questions while actually looking for answers, they tend to cease being religious.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide