Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

f.lux: adapt your screen color

Creator: Scrax December 11, 2012 10:36am
1 2 3
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2012 10:36am | Report
So I've been using this for a while now, and I can feel the difference. Less headaches, actually getting sleepy at night and less strain on my eyes. You guys should really check this piece of awesome software, it helps!

"Ever notice how people texting at night have that eerie blue glow? Or wake up ready to write down the Next Great Idea, and get blinded by your computer screen?

During the day, computer screens look good—they're designed to look like the sun. But, at 9PM, 10PM, or 3AM, you probably shouldn't be looking at the sun.

f.lux fixes this: it makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of day, warm at night and like sunlight during the day.

It's even possible that you're staying up too late because of your computer. You could use f.lux because it makes you sleep better, or you could just use it just because it makes your computer look better."

[link]
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2012 10:57am | Report
It's annoying at first but once you get past the first night or so of, "this looks stupid," it really helps you out.

After a while, you can't even tell that it's on.
True love is found only in yourself.
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2012 10:58am | Report
Been using this for the past year or something like that.

I think vavena was the one who suggested it to me.

Ty to whoever did.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
TheBlueReaper
<Member>
TheBlueReaper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2012 11:22am | Report
Thank you so much.I've been having headaches and stuff like that lately,probably because i'm on the computer way too much.Gonna try this out and see if it helps :)
Thanks to jhoijhoi , TinyStar , Minho, Hogopogo , TheNamelessBard and GMD for the sigs!
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2012 11:24am | Report
I've tried to use it few months ago, but I just couldn't get over stupid orange color. It was just too much, couldn't recognise anything from that much orange.
Probably should have tried it a bit more to get used to it, it's deffinetly nice tool
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2012 11:28am | Report
You can change the settings. You're supposed to change the night colour to what your in door lighting is. Or, well, you can. I do, works wonders.
Vavena
<Member>
Vavena's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2012 12:03pm | Report
Been using this for a long time. Really nice and worth getting imo.
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2012 12:12pm | Report
gonna try it ^^

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2012 1:21pm | Report
I used it a while back, but I never really noticed a difference..

I just make sure that as much as possible of my computer is in dark colors to make night sessions more bearable.
I have an FF addon that allows me to set themes on websites. For youtube I have a set black theme and for general browsing I have a theme I can switch on and off that pretty much turns the entire website into grayscale colors.
Then I also have a Greasemonkey script that makes white backgrounds black, but only those 100% white.

I have sadly not found a good W7 theme that makes my folder backgrounds black. I was able to change this in WXP, but there's no native option in W7, cuz **** you Microsoft >:[

Vaan99 wrote:

I've tried to use it few months ago, but I just couldn't get over stupid orange color. It was just too much, couldn't recognise anything from that much orange.
Probably should have tried it a bit more to get used to it, it's deffinetly nice tool

You can set the max color "warmth" (the amount of orange) in the settings.
"Well, basically you should treat me like a prostitute." - TotalBiscuit
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2012 1:44pm | Report
Stupid me..
Changed settings, now it's much better. Thanks for help guys.
I think I'll be using it from now on.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide