Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Faces to Names

Creator: jhoijhoi May 28, 2011 4:33am
7278 posts - page 540 of 728
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2013 3:42pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

What makes me a huge pokemon nerd, out of curiosity?

"Pokemon is arguably the most strategic game in the world" - Nighthawk

Quoted:
Also, @whoever said if Throat doesn't like it, that makes it wrong: It really doesn't, you're looking at a pretty small sample size here lol.

Oh my god XD
You're hilarious.
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F Roberts
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2013 4:09pm | Report
^ hawk really said that about pokemon? i think that is GMD quote worthy lol

<3

<3

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2013 6:25pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

Ok guys this isn't a place to sling mud at eachother (unless you post pics of you slinging mud).

WiggleSnaps & throatslasher, you both insulted eachother and you are both warned. If you want to fight about the validity of WiggleSnaps' pokeball tattoo / self image then take it to pm's. The discussion was fine until it devolved into directly insulting each other.

Continuing discussion on tattoos / piercings in general is fine. Let's just remember to not insult each other for their own tattoos / piercings or their opinions about tattoos / piercings.

Me: I don't like tattoos
Her: **** you my tattoos are awesome
Me: Here's why I generally don't like tattoos (explanation)
Her: **** you you're a virgin I bet
???
Yeah, all me
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
juicenvodka
<Member>
juicenvodka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2013 7:54pm | Report
I don't know what's the huge fuzz.
If someone chooses to dress, look, modify their body a certain way you should be confident enough to just brush it off. Everyone has their own opinions, turn ons and turn offs. End of story.
Hopefully we're all adults here.

As for me.

brb stuffing face with sushi.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2013 8:04pm | Report

^ hawk really said that about pokemon? i think that is GMD quote worthy lol

<3

I said that, although I then amended that to the most strategic handheld game I believe, which I believe to be true. That doesn't make me a huge pokemon nerd though lol. U so funneh Searz.

sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2013 8:47pm | Report

telling gamers to exercise
u r so silly

I may not exercise in the conventional sense, but I breakdance between 2-5 times a week with each session being between 2-5 hours.

If you've ever seen any breakdance, it's definitely strenuous enough to be considered exercise. If you disagree, I'm calling you out for a smoke-to-7.

And gotta say, for the most part, I actually agree with throat. A minor tattoo here or there might be acceptable, but if it's a serious tattoo, it's usually enough to give me pause for thought. Two girls I've dated considered getting tattoos and I was already getting second thoughts about my seriousness of the relationship when it came up.

Two business entrepreneurs got rejected on Dragon's Den solely on their appearance, even though their proposal was actually quite good.

Sure, you can stud yourself with piercings, you can ink yourself up as much as you want, dye your hair and whatever.

Just don't be too surprised when I (and others) don't give two ***** about you. Much as teenage angst loves to bang on about how appearances aren't important, they kinda are no matter how you look at it.

But seriously though, lol @ Pokeball = struggle. I study hermeneutics (amongst others) for a subject and there is no way in Heaven, Hell or Earth that anyone would or could interpret Pokeball as a struggle.
juicenvodka
<Member>
juicenvodka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2013 9:09pm | Report
I like how people say "good luck getting a decent job"
Lol.. I mean, you can't just have "**** *****es Get Money" tatted, and expect to earn a six figure income. Ok. It's not like a diploma ends up meaning **** if you have unicorns on your wrists, or your mother's ******* tattoed on your face. It may hold some truth, but people still get accepted cause they can conceal it, and it wont precisely ruin their lives. But anyways.. Thank the lord for this though. I'm just saying, an interview is based on first impressions always and of course a sexy resume, people with tats just can't come in with a syringe sticking out of their necks or anything.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2013 3:19am | Report
Like I said, minor and subtle ones are fine. But if you're competing for a job and someone else with the same credentials as you but doesn't have obvious tattoos, whereas you might, I'd probably say it was a safe bet that they're more likely to go for the slightly more 'respectable' looking one.

If you have to hide your tattoo in order to get a particular job, it says a ******* lot about employers' impressions of tattoos. Unless you're working in a tattoo parlour or something with a specific clientele.

I mean, paying money to get a tattoo and then having to pay money again to cover it up...? I can definitely think of better things to spend money on than a tattoo.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2013 3:44am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

I said that, although I then amended that to the most strategic handheld game I believe, which I believe to be true. That doesn't make me a huge pokemon nerd though lol. U so funneh Searz.

I hoped that sentence would bring up memories of the big discussion you participated in regarding competitive pokemon where you protected pokemon games vigilantly and showed clear indication of having participated in or watched a lot of competitive pokemon play.
Reading between the lines is hard.

^ hawk really said that about pokemon?

It's been in my sig forever :P
"He cooked cake." - MrCuddowls

"Oh forget it, I have nothing to hid, I admit it, 12 hours of every single day of my life ever since I was eleven years old have been anal sex with canoes" - MrCuddowls
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2013 6:00am | Report

I like how people say "good luck getting a decent job"
Lol.. I mean, you can't just have "**** *****es Get Money" tatted, and expect to earn a six figure income. Ok. It's not like a diploma ends up meaning **** if you have unicorns on your wrists, or your mother's ******* tattoed on your face. It may hold some truth, but people still get accepted cause they can conceal it, and it wont precisely ruin their lives. But anyways.. Thank the lord for this though. I'm just saying, an interview is based on first impressions always and of course a sexy resume, people with tats just can't come in with a syringe sticking out of their necks or anything.

Hey, just curious. Did you read any of my comments directed at you?
I was serious. And not rude like some other people here.
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide