Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Faces to Names

Creator: jhoijhoi May 28, 2011 4:33am
7278 posts - page 604 of 728
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2014 8:51pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Okay, seriously. Who the fudge needs a whole separate app for selfies? I mean, really? Are you kidding me?

I have three
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2014 1:10am | Report

Basically,
pulse = eagle; searz=mountain goat;
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2014 5:03am | Report
IPodPulse wrote:
Hold up, I get that sometimes you can be a jerk and all for speaking your mind but when the hell do I become "ignorant" by talking about 1 thing I like about the Logitech G430? One hell of a way to jump to a conclusion based on a simple and extremely vague opinion.

You're right. That was presumptuous of me. Sorry.
Quoted:
$80 is a pretty good price for a headset.

If the sound quality is any good, yes. Otherwise it's nothing worth writing home about.
I took great care in selecting my headset and I got one with good sound for about 100$.
Quoted:
Also if you think I am an idiot for not looking for better headphones well then I apologize for apparently not being fully educated in audio specifications like supposedly everyone else in the world.

No need to be snarky. I recommend giving it a proper look next time because as with most things, computer parts you will be using for years are actually worth looking around for.

Lemme give you a few brands that do headsets right and a few that do them wrong:
Companies that make high quality headsets: Qpad, Sennheiser, Corsair.
Companies that make low quality/bad headsets: Razer, SteelSeries, Logitech.
(Beats would be included too if it wasn't specifically for headsets)
Quoted:
doesn't each surround sound speaker emit a specific noise accustomed to the current audio playing? If I am correct each speaker is assigned a channel and whatever audio is allowed through said channel the audio is then emitted through the speaker.

Correct.
Quoted:
Who is to say that a company like Logitech cannot cooperate with Dolby and create headsets that have specific areas in the headsets that essentially respond to a channel and emit audio the same way a surround sound system in a living room would work? They are practically creating surround sound headphones, sure it may not be equivalent to legitimate surround sound systems that cost hundreds of dollars but there is only so much you can do with an audio device such as a headset

That is the way that they are doing it (I assume, because that's how other headsets do it).
But it's almost useless seeing as the elements (speakers) are so extremely close to each other.
Pretty much the same result can be achieved with stereo sound by altering the sound slightly according to how it would sound if it bounced in from a certain angle. At least with headphones, it wouldn't work with speakers seeing as they are in front of you while headphones sit around your ears.
And not only is the result pretty much pointless, the sound quality also gets worse when they divide up a large element into several smaller ones. Base often gets worse and they often make sound adjustments to compensate for this, severely coloring and distorting the audio.
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2014 5:06am | Report
utopus wrote:
Basically,
pulse = eagle; searz=mountain goat;

Kindly refrain from posting these kinds of flamebait comments.
"Moral justification is a powerful disengagement mechanism. Destructive conduct is made personally and socially acceptable by portraying it in the service of moral ends." - Albert Bandura

"Ultimately, if people lose their willingness to recognize that there are times in our history when legality becomes distinct from morality, we aren't just ceding control of our rights to government, but our futures." - Edward Snowden
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2014 7:38am | Report
Disclaimerino: I only did some marginal research a while back when I bought a new pair of headphones, this may not be accurate.

It's kinda getting out of topic, but I own virtual surround sound (because that's what you're really talking about) headphones and I do like the sound it gives. It's really hard to say anything about virtual surround sound headsets in general though, since they all use different techniques and make use of the shape of the insides of the headphones and non-standard software to emulate a surround sound system. Because of this the quality and feel can differ a lot(I'd also say it depends on the shape of your ears), you could say it's hardly comparable.

Searz, I think you might be talking about "real" surround sound headphones, headphones that contain as much physical speakers as they have channels. I've never had one on my head before, so I can't say much about them. But since I'm happy with my virtual surround sound headphones (which rely, among others, on drivers to emulate) and I like to run GNU/Linux, I'll go for "real" surround sound headphones next time so that I won't have to rely on the manufacturer to write decent software. Without drivers the virtual surround sound headphones will just work as stereo headphones by the way.

We could speculatively say virtual surround sound headphones have worse sound quality in virtual surround sound mode, which I think would be plausible. In return, though, you can(though it differs from set to set, from ear to ear) get a somewhat surround-sound like experience. I can really hear the difference in direction of all the channels with my set of headphones, and they were pretty cheap. So in the end it comes down to preference I guess.

I have a Plantronics GameCom 780, it's not great in many ways but I think the surround sound emulation is decent, to me a G430 has worse emulation, though that's personal.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2014 7:51am | Report
So, gonna throw this out there, I'm a klutz and I kill cheap headsets. MURDER THEM. I killed 3 in the last year and a half. $150 down the toilet for the three of 'em. While they had decent microphones and sort of tolerable headphones, the quality of the housing was terrible and didn't tolerate me tripping over too long cords, being dropped, and any number of other things. This one has tolerated that no problem. The two plantronics ones I had maybe lasted 4-6 months a piece...the other was an off brand one and lasted about 7.

Does logitech make amazing gaming products? no.

Do they make reasonably priced, easily accessible, and durable products? yes.
Emi
<Fabulous>
Emi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2014 6:25pm | Report
Soo Spirit Week is coming up next week for my school, and instead of doing homework like a good girl, I decided to go ahead and plan out what I was going to wear for Nerd Day. Thoughts? :D

Thanks to R4GE for the sig!
IPodPulse
<Altruistic Artist>
IPodPulse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2014 7:05pm | Report
Quoted:
Soo Spirit Week is coming up next week for my school, and instead of doing homework like a good girl, I decided to go ahead and plan out what I was going to wear for Nerd Day. Thoughts? :D

Put scotch tape on the bridge between your glasses, insta nerd!
If you found me helpful give me some +Rep :)
Signature Shop!|Tryndamere Guide|Rengar Guide

Thanks to TheNamelessBard for this amazing signature, check out her shop here
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2014 8:29pm | Report
Doesn't look like you had to try too hard to come up with that outfit :)

Basically MOBAFire.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2014 8:45pm | Report
Quoted:

you should wear a headset and rage at noobs all day.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide