Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Faces to Names

Creator: jhoijhoi May 28, 2011 4:33am
7278 posts - page 611 of 728
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2014 8:49am | Report
Janitsu wrote:

What are you receiving there?
Thanks to Natuhlee for this sig!
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2014 8:52am | Report
Also, you really are not helping the stereotype here Falseo.

Is it because I evaluated what was not helping a guy look good or because I said I pluck my genetic attempts at a unibrow? We've all seen that I have both chest hair and a beard so I'm not at 100% flaming ******ry yet :3

I was gonna post a pic of my father's unibrow but he's plucking it nowadays and none of his facebook photos bear proof of this genetic predisposition qq

FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2014 8:53am | Report
Why is Jan trying to look like he's over 12 years old :|

R4GE
<Member>
R4GE's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2014 8:53am | Report
well, even if you're not willing to pluck it, shaving it is better than leaving it as is.

General grooming is not that hard, really.

seriously, Vynnie there could be a real cutie, but he's not because that.

So I'm not cute, thanks Amanda :c

It was a joke, women, don't take it so seriously, gosh.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2014 8:56am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:
I was gonna post a pic of my father's unibrow but he's plucking it nowadays and none of his facebook photos bear proof of this genetic predisposition qq
I look so similar to my mother (mind you, that was when she was around my age) it's almost terrifying.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2014 8:58am | Report
emoriam wrote:

What are you receiving there?

A piece of paper saying "Congratulations! You're a ****.", what else?
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2014 9:07am | Report
Actually on topic

Thanks to Aquilegia for this sig!
R4GE
<Member>
R4GE's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2014 9:08am | Report
emoriam wrote:
Actually on topic

I'm offended
not really
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2014 9:23am | Report
I look so similar to my mother (mind you, that was when she was around my age) it's almost terrifying.

such 80s/90s, good photo tho :3
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2014 10:00am | Report
Searz wrote:

First of Searz, you always seem to misinterpret arguements the way it is easier for you to answer, so let me just try to get this right:
Are you really gonna argue that you'd rather use a ****ty office mouse when gaming at a high level? Or that you'd rather take a professional photograph with your smartphone rather than with a proper camera?
Better gear has a factual tangible effect on your performance, so why would anybody that makes money off their work settle for anything less than good gear?

Am I talking about gear being able to do the same while having huge price gaps?
What I am trying to point out here is that one does not neccessary need the best high end gear to be on a level that still tops others.
Like a progamer could use standard mouse and keyboard to play and still be better than any1 here.
Like a music fan listen to his music with some 20€ headphones (WESCO or whatever) and still enjoy his music?
Like a musician transcribing a music sheet while using plug earphones?
All these people do not neccessary need any high end gear from which they don't understand what they provide, if they are not willing to look into it.
For example, to pick up what you said, a pro gamer doesn't neccessary have knowledges of his keyboards eletroncis/how the cherry switches work/how DPI is actually calculated. They just use it.

Quoted:

You're throwing around the term musician a lot, like it has some meaning or value. It does not. Argue not that you know more than others because you're an X, but rather show that you know more than others by correctly addressing the argument.

And are you trying to imply that it doesn't matter because the sound goes through an AMP anyway?
Oh boy is that a lost argument, but sure, please explain why the headphone audio quality doesn't matter because of AMPs.

I am using the term musician to show you that someone who relatively often uses gear to work with music does not neccessary need any high end overpriced stuff.
I could say the same to you and ask you to correclty address the arguement and actually show how much you know instead of just throwing around THD/IMD etc.

And how the **** did you conclude that I said that it does not matter, since the sound goes through an AMP anyway? LOL
Idk, are you some female on her period trying to twist arguements so much to make winning easier?

Do you know the term otherwise? I clearly said otherwise the souond would go through an amp anyway. Nowhere implied that the sound of headphones does not matter since it comes through an amp.
Leading to me now not needing to explain your (honestly stupid) assumption that I think the sound doesn't matter. Honestly, I just don't get how you could read it like that :/.

Quoted:

Blatant assumption on your part.
Something you do quite often in your comments..

Oh do I? Right back at you. You as the audio knowing guy didn't even comment on my forward pass of AKGs.

Quoted:

It actually helps the argument, because it shows your knowledge(not mine) in the audio department. I know little about the terms, but if you explain them well it shows me that you're either willing to Google for a few minutes or actually knowledgeable on the topic.

Why not just immediately explain to these people?
What does it help showing off how much you know, if you are not going to tell others, while trying to convince them?
It is like saying 'I know how to do X, but I am not going to tell you!', quite childish.
If you need approval on your knowledge, I assume you are wrong here.

Quoted:

Okay, you seem to have a grasp on what THD is. I have no idea of whether this was just read on Google or not (since I found about the same after 2minutes of searching), but the important thing here is that I asked why the Siberia V2 are good. You have yet to respond to that.

I explained exactly why the Siberia V2 are good and sufficient for me, but you didn't even bother to quote or read that?
Ima just go at it again with what I already said:
They are sufficient, do not have an overbearing bass and most importantly are semi open (since you started this you should know why closed / semi open headphones matter).
Oh and did I say that I use them for gaming (as we are on a gaming forum). Damn, my cheap headphones deny me those epic musicals that play everytime on summoner's rift.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide