Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Faces to Names

Creator: jhoijhoi May 28, 2011 4:33am
7278 posts - page 609 of 728
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2014 3:36am | Report
Janitsu wrote:
use wax and film it so we can see it

I actually find the plucker painless, whereas wax..idk, never used it but the tales be scary mang
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2014 5:00am | Report
xIchi wrote:
You know that for musicians it's just like pro gamers? Does a Progamer necessary need a Black Widow 2013 Ultimate + Death Adder to rek anyone of us in game?

Are you really gonna argue that you'd rather use a ****ty office mouse when gaming at a high level? Or that you'd rather take a professional photograph with your smartphone rather than with a proper camera?
Better gear has a factual tangible effect on your performance, so why would anybody that makes money off their work settle for anything less than good gear?
Quoted:
All the other technical stuff is insufficient. And especially as a musician I still enjoy music over these headphones. Oterwhise it all goes through an amp anyway.

All other technical stuff is insufficient for what? For a good pair of headphones?

You're throwing around the term musician a lot, like it has some meaning or value. It does not. Argue not that you know more than others because you're an X, but rather show that you know more than others by correctly addressing the argument.

And are you trying to imply that it doesn't matter because the sound goes through an AMP anyway?
Oh boy is that a lost argument, but sure, please explain why the headphone audio quality doesn't matter because of AMPs.
Quoted:
Also, even as a newb in sound stuff, you didn't even know what AKG is.
epic nice

Blatant assumption on your part.
Something you do quite often in your comments..
Quoted:
Throwing around with random audio terms doesn't make you any smarter or helps you argueing. It's kinda counter productive if you try to convince this seemingly ignorant people.

It actually helps the argument, because it shows your knowledge(not mine) in the audio department. I know little about the terms, but if you explain them well it shows me that you're either willing to Google for a few minutes or actually knowledgeable on the topic.
Quoted:
A low THD is not the selling point for most systems anymore. They all have <1% while everything below is not really noticeable by ear

Okay, you seem to have a grasp on what THD is. I have no idea of whether this was just read on Google or not (since I found about the same after 2minutes of searching), but the important thing here is that I asked why the Siberia V2 are good. You have yet to respond to that.
"Moral justification is a powerful disengagement mechanism. Destructive conduct is made personally and socially acceptable by portraying it in the service of moral ends." - Albert Bandura

"Ultimately, if people lose their willingness to recognize that there are times in our history when legality becomes distinct from morality, we aren't just ceding control of our rights to government, but our futures." - Edward Snowden
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2014 6:21am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:
I actually find the plucker painless, whereas wax..idk, never used it but the tales be scary mang
really waxing isn't that bad either....but making tweezing painless is sooooo easy anyways.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2014 6:25am | Report
What are we waxing here ?

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2014 6:27am | Report
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2014 6:27am | Report
Joxuu wrote:
What are we waxing here ?
Oh, you haven't noticed yet?

Thanks for the explanation Searz! I guess buying a true surround sound headset will be a waste of money then. I don't really feel like spending €80 on a headset so shortly after buying this one but since it'll probably be an investment over many years I may not be able to resist. Added to wishlist.

Good part is that I can start fiddling with this one, the usb sound card likes to make a lot of noise (I always have it at 0, and that's still loud), and I read that decreasing the current would lower the volume so I'll be frankensteining this cable soon >:)
(I know I can also lower the volume with dmix, which is what I'm doing atm)

I own a Logitech G400S mouse and I'm pretty satisfied. Only downside is the lack of Linux support(and/or memory), but I'm having a dualboot for LoL and Osu! anyway.

Perhaps we should take this outside.. by which I mean another topic x)
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2014 6:54am | Report
Why are we discussing the maintenance status of Vyn's eyebrows? Correct me if I am wrong here, but I am pretty sure that this thread was called "Faces to Names" and not "Faces and Their Critical Analysis". Also, you really are not helping the stereotype here Falseo.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2014 7:05am | Report

I was such an adorable child, what the **** happened?

(this is a pathetic attempt at getting this thread back on topic)
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2014 7:09am | Report
How can you even look at the camera with that cake right there?
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2014 7:11am | Report
(this is a pathetic attempt at getting this thread back on topic)

You trying to get a thread back on topic?! What is this, Opposite Day?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide