Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Faces to Names

Creator: jhoijhoi May 28, 2011 4:33am
7278 posts - page 608 of 728
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2014 4:06pm | Report
Random 2 Cents, and I am not going to post something topic related (evil laugh):
- Paying more for a headset to think it is better is also a marketing trap -> e.g. Beats (saw Searz mentioned choosing a headset carefully at a price range of 100 instead of 60).
- Even as a musician (Bassist) I barely need anything else than my SteelSeries Siberia V2, quite honestly these are great, I love it.
- If you are really in need of a good headset, ****ing get AGK K500 or higher.
Everything below is garbage anyway.

AKG FANBOYING
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2014 4:14pm | Report
xIchi wrote:
- Paying more for a headset to think it is better is also a marketing trap -> e.g. Beats (saw Searz mentioned choosing a headset carefully at a price range of 100 instead of 60).

Why the **** would you bother to spend a ****zillion dollars on a ****ing headset? I mean, the only reason I use it is when I need to talk to other human beings and a better headset sure doesn't make their company less obnoxious at times. If you need some serious sound quality then don't opt for headsets, but rather opt for something far better; something that actually contributes to the whole gameplay aspect. Headsets do not contribute to immersion, and they never will do that properly.

tl;dr Don't spent an unlimited amount of money on headsets but instead invest in proper sound quality without it. Then, if you happen to have enough disposable income, spend crazy amounts on a headset so you can enjoy the angelic voice of that one gamer girl that you happened to be "just friends" with.
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2014 6:04pm | Report

Then, if you happen to have enough disposable income, spent crazy amounts on a headset so you can enjoy the angelic voice of that one gamer girl that you happened to be "just friends" with.

"waifu"

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2014 7:30pm | Report
xIchi wrote:
- Even as a musician (Bassist) I barely need anything else than my SteelSeries Siberia V2, quite honestly these are great, I love it.
- If you are really in need of a good headset, ****ing get AGK K500 or higher.
Everything below is garbage anyway.

AKG FANBOYING

You're so ****ing lost it's not even funny..

Do apply your skills as a musician and show why the Siberia V2 are any good. Because they have good THD? Because they have good IMD? Do you even know any more than me, a newcomer in the audio world?
Why the **** would you bother to spend a ****zillion dollars on a ****ing headset? I mean, the only reason I use it is when I need to talk to other human beings and a better headset sure doesn't make their company less obnoxious at times. If you need some serious sound quality then don't opt for headsets, but rather opt for something far better; something that actually contributes to the whole gameplay aspect. Headsets do not contribute to immersion, and they never will do that properly.

Just because they don't contribute to immersion for you doesn't mean that they don't for others.
We even have an example of a person who clearly thinks differently from you in this very thread (not referring to me).
This is a clear case of false generalization on your part..
Sittin' on chimneys, putting fire up my ***.

"I biked 12km in a blizzard today and mice are chewing on my chocolate bars. Life's good."
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2014 7:50pm | Report
Headsets are pretty much always worse than their counterparts.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2014 10:56pm | Report
i got my headset at Dave & Busters for 5000 tickets
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2014 2:44am | Report
Vynertje wrote:
To go back to on-topic, here's a super-photogenic webcam pic of me while playing some games. /s

For some reason my webcam mirrors though.

Not trying to be mean but
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2014 2:46am | Report
pls
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2014 2:53am | Report
use wax and film it so we can see it
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2014 3:29am | Report
Searz wrote:

You're so ****ing lost it's not even funny..

Do apply your skills as a musician and show why the Siberia V2 are any good. Because they have good THD? Because they have good IMD? Do you even know any more than me, a newcomer in the audio world?

You know that for musicians it's just like pro gamers? Does a Progamer necessary need a Black Widow 2013 Ultimate + Death Adder to rek anyone of us in game?

So all I cared about my headphone is that they are half opened, making me able to hear what is going on outside while not having an overbearing bass.
All the other technical stuff is insufficient. And especially as a musician I still enjoy music over these headphones. Oterwhise it all goes through an amp anyway.

I like how you always conclude other people personalities/skills through the little we post on this forum,
but when someone else does it you immediately jump on and try to make that statement null.

And now please don't point out any grammar/spelling mistakes and just answer lol

Also, even as a newb in sound stuff, you didn't even know what AKG is.
epic nice

Edit: Throwing around with random audio terms doesn't make you any smarter or helps you argueing. It's kinda counter productive if you try to convince this seemingly ignorant people.
Edit2: A low THD is not the selling point for most systems anymore. They all have <1% while everything below is not really noticeable by ear

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide