Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Faces to Names

Creator: jhoijhoi May 28, 2011 4:33am
7278 posts - page 675 of 728
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2015 4:59am | Report
Searz wrote:

Oh... that sucks.

In fact, I was told that locals are told to actively avoid that kind of stuff. It's just there to exploit the generalised Western view of Asian cuisine, that we eat everything, and make a substantial amount of money. The things there were also fairly expensive for Asian pricing standards as well, because they know that tourists will still buy that ****. A big scorpion on a skewer was about 50 RMB, which translates to about $10 AUD. For a skewer with one ****ing scorpion on it, that's a really cost inefficient purchase, especially for locals.

Generally though, the whole culture of eating insects is false with some exceptions (there's like this sort of grub that I saw quite a few people eating). Eating all the weird animals though is very common. You can expect to find turtle and frog and other animals of the sort served up in restaurants fairly often. The most you'll probably see in a restaurant that isn't catered to tourists are sea worms, possibly water cockroaches.

Thank you to MissMaw for the signatures!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2015 6:19am | Report
Searz wrote:

Do you have any idea of how many people wish they had black hair? Treasure it damn it!
My hair is a very dark brown, not black. People only ever go on and on about wanting my curls anyways, the color of my hair pretty much gets ignored 100% (something this experience has only confirmed for me). I'll probably recolor back to brown next month, mostly because the upkeep of having red hair is really a pain, but also because I think the only "red" that would actually suit my skin tone is a coppery-gold (aka the color my hair sun-bleaches to naturally). This color doesn't seem to be as messy or overly pigmented as the old color thankfully, the old color was still leaking red even though it'd been two months since I colored it (though dyeing it again helped get some of that extra pigment out).

Also, this is a pretty neat documentary I watched a while back about eating bugs. In a lot of places eating bugs is actually a thing, but a lot of the **** they serve on food carts is 100% tourist-y nonsense.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2015 7:21am | Report
My hair is a very dark brown, not black.

I don't care.
It's close enough not to matter.
Quoted:
People only ever go on and on about wanting my curls anyways [...]I spent most of my teenage years being told by my peers that I'd be so much prettier if only I had straight hair

People suck.
Quoted:
I'll probably recolor back to brown next month, mostly because the upkeep of having red hair is really a pain

Oh yeah. But you know what has even less upkeep? NATURAL HAIR.
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2015 8:51am | Report
Searz wrote:
I don't care.
It's close enough not to matter.
It's far enough from black to be boring as far as most people are concerned. Brown is a boring color in most people's eyes, but no one cares what color my hair is anyways because the curls are the part that matters, I guess.
Quoted:
People suck.
Yep, four years of being called "pubic head" by guys was a really enjoyable period of my life. Somehow that didn't make me resent my hair, but it did make me sensitive and snappy towards people who say I'd look better with straight hair (which still happens on occasion).
Quoted:
Oh yeah. But you know what has even less upkeep? NATURAL HAIR.
Well, my hair color is a color that's easy to replicate so I can just dye it back to dark brown and not worry about it.

Sometimes you just want to change something. I was hoping this change would make a difference, but it mostly confirmed what I already thought: which is that having curly hair means that most people ignore every other detail about my hair.
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2015 9:01am | Report
random question: how long is your hair if you straighten it?
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2015 9:04am | Report
If I pull it straight it's nearly waist length now, but the last time I cut it was almost 10 years ago.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2015 10:22am | Report
Sometimes you just want to change something. I was hoping this change would make a difference

Wanna change something? Spend that time working out. That's a surefire way of getting more attractive.
If I pull it straight it's nearly waist length now, but the last time I cut it was almost 10 years ago.

Holy ****. That seems like a huge inconvenience.
Short hair is awesome. It took me a couple of long years of hair in my eyes to realize.
I'm a strong independent black mage who don't need no mana.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2015 10:54am | Report
Searz wrote:
Wanna change something? Spend that time working out. That's a surefire way of getting more attractive.
I'm on my feet pretty much constantly at my job and I'm actually pretty well in shape at the moment because I cut soda out of my diet when I moved (plus I walk nearly everywhere) and lost 10-15 lbs. Losing more weight would be unhealthy, to be honest, I'm already right on the edge of healthy and underweight because I don't eat much either. The last time I was this slim and toned, I was 15 or 16. Dyeing my hair had nothing to do with attractiveness, I didn't do it for other people. I know me actually admitting I'm attractive is a shock, but this move actually helped me get past a lot of things, including that.

Might be hard to believe, but my hair is far worse to deal with when it's short (I once had very short hair). The weight of it actually straightens it out some right now, when it's short there's nothing stopping it from becoming impossible little ringlets. Also, it just looks terrible and I love my long hair. If anything, I want it to be longer.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2015 3:20pm | Report
I'm on my feet pretty much constantly at my job and I'm actually pretty well in shape at the moment because I cut soda out of my diet when I moved (plus I walk nearly everywhere) and lost 10-15 lbs. Losing more weight would be unhealthy, to be honest

Okay, then put on some weight instead. With muscle. Muscle is both attractive and useful.
Or learn something. Anything productive really.
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F Roberts
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2015 8:53pm | Report
random question: how long is your hair if you straighten it?
here's a really bad picture where I tried to pull a curl out to show the length

also, spider has new home
tarantula pictures

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide