Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Greatest Book?

Creator: MrCuddowls October 11, 2012 2:55pm
89 posts - page 7 of 9
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Phil15
<Member>
Phil15's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2012 4:52pm | Report

People are mentioning LoTR, but no Hobbit D:
Hobbit was a much better read imo. :3

Nobody reads my posts as I see D:.... jk. I wouldnt say Hobbit was much better it was much simpler thats all.
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2012 5:05pm | Report
Of Men and Mice is a ******** classic. Probably one of the saddest ending I've ever seen. The author picture the emotion PERFECTLY. Nearly made me cry ****.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
Skrallz
<Member>
Skrallz's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2012 6:51pm | Report
Fatel thanks for reminding me of Darren Shan !

The Demonata is an excellent series, quick easy read, but it really makes you want to read more of it !

My Akali build is on its way :)

Xiaowiriamu
Thanks for the sig <3

Quoted:
‎"School is like a *****, it's long and hard unless your asian" - Elementz

[/center]
FatelBlade
<Member>
FatelBlade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2012 3:13am | Report
EvilDice wrote:

good but not great series. the first book is VERY good, but that leads to high expectations for the other books in the series, which they just dont live up to in some cases. in order i'd go

1. eragon
2. inheritance
3. eldest
4. brisingr

You really think so? Didn't the ending of Inheritance just spoil it for you? I agree with the rest of the ordering however, the series gave me many hours of enjoyment.

And I know exactly what you mean Skrallz, he needs to never stop.
Thank you Jovy for this bomb *** sig!
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2012 6:18am | Report
1. god is not Great - Christopher Hitchens
2. The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
3. Mordimer Madderdin set of books - Jacek Piekara
4. Lord of the Rings - J.R.R. Tolkien
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2012 12:35pm | Report
FatelBlade wrote:

You really think so? Didn't the ending of Inheritance just spoil it for you? I agree with the rest of the ordering however, the series gave me many hours of enjoyment.

And I know exactly what you mean Skrallz, he needs to never stop.

i think inheritance was entertaining enough to still be my second favorite, though i do agree, the ending couldn't be done any worse. whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2012 12:59pm | Report
@Phil, I agree, but I greatly prefer it's simplicity.

I didn't really enjoy LoTR at all, because it tells you SOOOOO MUCH that you don't need to know at all. Like, the story isn't even that long, but it's a pretty long book, because it tells you so much that personally I don't really care about. I don't want to read half a page about what a wooden door looks like, or 2 pages about a minor character's ancestors, or half a chapter about how great pipeweed is. (not saying these exact things happened, just listing off random things. My point is, stuff LIKE this DID happen rather frequently)

It's not that I don't like reading a lot, or can't handle long books, or anything, I'm not one of those people sitting there reading going 'GRAAA WHERE'S THE ACTION, I DON'T CARE ABOUT TALKING!' It's that I hate when things are unnecessarily dragged out. To me it seems like LoTR wasn't created with the mindset of 'I'm going to write a great book, and maybe it'll turn out to be really long' but rather 'I'm going to write a really really long book, and it'll be considered an epic because of it'

This is all my opinion though, and while I'm entitled to it, I respect yours as well :3
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2012 1:11pm | Report

I hate when things are unnecessarily dragged out.

Me too. So annoying..
I haven't read LotR tho.
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2012 1:20pm | Report
I think that's what made LotR any good. Without the details about the surrounding world it would be pretty boring.
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2012 11:56pm | Report
Details are good. I want to have something like Rivendell described to me, I want to be able to get a feel of what it's like. I want to know if it's raining, I want to know if the area the characters are in is a swamp, or a mountain, and what it's like, I want to know what the characters look like, important things y'know?

I DON'T want 5 pages on what a table looks like, and what wood it's made of, and how old it is, and how it was obtained, and who made it, and why they made it, and who they were, and their whole life story, and their parents life story, and so on. It's a tad ridiculous. >.<
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide