Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Guild Wars 2

Creator: Luther3000 August 17, 2012 9:14am
312 posts - page 29 of 32
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2012 10:22am | Report
Well whenever i have an npc playing i have him tank while i kill the creeps.
When its not like that then takes some coordination but you can actually abuse the path finding in the game to make the creeps continuously switch between paths. They wont get to you and you can just hit them until there dead
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2012 10:30am | Report
Necros have like 2 "non supporty" weapons aka the Axe and the Dagger....Sadly both have much shorter range than our more support oriented weapons and both rely (I believe) heavily on power...But as far as I'm concerned the necro is meant to be a heavy condition damage dealer so there is no reason what so ever to stack power when leveling in PVE, not to mention by going condition necro I'm afforded a much stronger kite potential which means I can solo stuff that heavily out levels me because my damage ticks for long *** durations and I can continue to re-apply them. As well the Necro probably has the weirdest kit in the game...No REAL direct damage nuke without popping Lich Form but also probably the WEAKEST conditions in the game...Example? Tried condition rogue in PvP, was able to stack my bleeds much more effectively than I did with my condition necro...(10-15 stacks with the thief, 5-9 with my necro). Now that isn't to say we don't have utility, but I signed up to play Necro because it reminded me of my WoW Warlock...For those who don't know Warlocks regardless of spec dealt heavy DoTs and some ******ed strong single target nukes. This I have to go 1 way or the other and splitting my build reduces my overall effectiveness.

I still love my necro but I've seen very few in PvP who stack up to other scholar based professions.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2012 11:26am | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

Well whenever i have an npc playing i have him tank while i kill the creeps.
When its not like that then takes some coordination but you can actually abuse the path finding in the game to make the creeps continuously switch between paths. They wont get to you and you can just hit them until there dead

That's not an exploit..
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2012 2:57pm | Report
btw, just a hint: when you transfer servers your gathering nodes reset.

on a completely unrelated note, so far I know where 5 orichal*** veins are located in Orr *wink*

EDIT: damn.. it seems that the locations change from server to server, so even though you can keep mining you need to find the stuff
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2012 5:21pm | Report
Turns out if you just sit and wait they reset automatically after time of course. :P

I'm estimating, if you were to from level 1-80 never sell any piece of "collectable" material and simply deposit it, by the time you hit 80 (and depending on market prices) you could safely make 10g probably more. JUST from crafting mats.

That is assuming you farm nodes every chance you get and never dispose of the different bags you get which hold more stuff. On GoM you can easily make 1g if you acquire 20 unidentified dyes. I'm hovering around 4g right now, and have no intention of spending it any time soon XD.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2012 5:42pm | Report
You'd make about 5g if you sold everything when you got to 80. However, if you level 2 professions and sell everything that you don't need you would definitely still lose money due to the materials you need to buy from the trading post.

Btw, to get fully geared you need about 40g if you can get people to make the items for you (assuming you buy the mats). Around 50g if you have to buy the items off the AH.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2012 10:20pm | Report
I made a little over 2 gold selling various stuff just now. That's probably 2 or so days worth of stuff, simply on crafting material alone, those things ranging from starting zone materials to level 70 zone mats. So I maintain the possibility of reaching 10g if someone is patient and farms every thing they can as they quest. Not like it's hard to do, no is it time consuming.

As well..I now own Abyss dye and Celestial. Abyss I found Celestial I bought because I had the gold and I can make it back with little effort. So I;m still hovering around 3.5g.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2012 10:24pm | Report
Idk Canoas, I made well over 5 gold just by selling random mats I collected over the last week or so, and I haven't even been playing much recently.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2012 3:44am | Report
The most expensive materials are used by pretty much all professions, so unless you're a jeweler+cook you'll be using those as well. That mean you can't sell the totems/venoms/bones/etc. If you count that then they're worth about 1s each, so yes you could easily go over 5g. However, I strongly advise you not to since you will need them. If you sell everything you don't need then you'll get 5g at most, which you'll end up using to buy the materials you're missing for your 2 professions.

Also, at lvl 80 you make about 1g per hour. 1.5g if you're lucky.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2012 5:34am | Report
I've got cooking and artificing but I don't intend to actually level a profession to max any time soon. It's mainly due to the "newness" GW2 still has, a lot hasn't been found/revealed yet. So while leveling a profession eventually will probably be helpful, until I know what cool stuff comes from where I see no point. Sure I can switch professions if I want and not worry about losing all that training, but for now I'm content with playing the trading post even if I could find a better way to do it.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide