Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Guild Wars 2

Creator: Luther3000 August 17, 2012 9:14am
312 posts - page 30 of 32
Phil15
<Member>
Phil15's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 4:21pm | Report
I dont sell ingredients and I am 160ish jeweler and 150ish artificer. And I am at about 4g with my main (lvl 61 necro). I just dont buy ingredients I find them.

Its make me laugh that I can find better gear at the auction house than everything I have(Even what I get in dungeons) and for ridiculously low prices.

WvW is fun, Pvp is nice and mesmers are so ridiculous
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 4:45pm | Report
Just finished equipping my Thief with lvl 80 exotic gear. The only things left are my bow and the underwater gear, which I probably won't get.

Now I just need to farm some karma and soon I'll have the coolest gear for my char
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 4:57pm | Report
Mesmers are probably (when played by someone with even a remote level of competence) the most broken...All their clones/ stealths/etc. So much survivability coupled with a decent level of direct and or condition damage.

Warriors are probably the current faceroll class followed by Thief (even after Heartseeker nerfs) Codition Thieves have a higher skill cap though, require a bit more patience to play effectively...Getting 25 stacks of bleeds on multiple targets is ridiculous.

Guardians are squish but have an excessive amount of mitigation and team utility coupled with a fair level of damage.

Rangers are a bit more complicated because their kit is very robust and can focus on direct or condition damae and even team utility.

Engineers are the same way.

Elementalists are soooo strong because of their high damage/number of burst skills. But they do trade survivability for that damage (although atunement swaps can give them a bit more survivability/utility.)

Necros really don't have a set place..You can go condition heavy, but the way you counter a condition necro is by using another necro. Burst specs aren't all that strong either, they can work but with Lich form being the only TRUE set of burst skills make them 1 trick ponys . I foresee buffs to necros for PvP in the future.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 6:07pm | Report
Yeah.. any decent mesmer can own me. They can kite so well while dealing an insane amount of dmg. As a condition thief I can barely put an conditions up, at most I get them to half hp. And even if I down them they can escape so easily and the clones keep attacking me..

With that said I might roll a mesmer for pvp.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 7:17pm | Report
If you want to "roll" in pvp direct damage is the current flavor. Conditions are literally removable by everyone. Necros simply have some of the best AoE "cleanses" in the game which makes them (imo) the best for it.

DoTs really only have an impact in PvE, that's due to the fact that...Everyone (or most classes can) apply them and as far as I've seen it's only a few mobs/bosses who can remove them.

That said, the game is still extremely fun and PvP feels competitive albeit a little bit easier for some classes with certain builds. But that's OK I know new stuff is always being thought up and the game is being updated on a regular basis ^_^
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 8:00pm | Report
Yeah, I really like condition thief but against some classes it feels subpar. Against others' it's really OP though, since I can apply my dots and hide till they drop.

Though I'm not so sure if I want to roll a mesmer... I'm not so fond of the playstyle. Hopefully anet will balance classes soon. It doesn't seem very hard to balance classes since all you need to do is balance each weapon skills until they're on the same level. On other MMO's it's much much harder due to the vast number of abilities that a class can use at any given time.

The WvW is really unbalanced as well though, which desperately needs to be fixed. The snowball effect is really big which makes it rather imbalanced. Making the realm wvw scores public while the free migration was active was a really stupid move as well, since now people just leave for the best servers, further imbalancing the servers.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 8:12pm | Report
I've seen condition thieves their bleeds HURT.

I mean, getting full stacks of bleeds up...@_@ I can't even do that on my necro a class (seemingly) designed for conditions.

Agreed balancing weapons is much easier compared to trying to balance class abilities (which is what they do in WoW), but that's also split between 3 separate skill trees which enable different abilities depending on spec .

Utility skills are a bit tougher to work on though, that is where I find the similarity to WoW, but with a rather small number of them and the fact they AREN'T specific to trait builds (aside from traits that modify them), it will definitely be a bit easier to work on.

WvWvW IMO is the niche game mode. sPvP/PvE is the real focus for Arenanet. While WvWvW has a huge scope the way it works seems more oriented to a smaller set of people, who enjoy PvP, but don't like the small scale...People who come from playing RTS/FPS something like that...Though unfounded XD.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2012 5:22am | Report
How does your remove condition thingy work? Does it remove all stacks?
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2012 5:48am | Report
I have Putrid Mark when using a staff that one transfers conditions on my allies to foes within the area of the mark.

Then I have Deadly Swarm with dagger OH which says it "Transfers" conditions as well as it bounces from target to target (not sure if that removes conditions from me and places them on the enemy or if it just uses w/e conditions are on the initial target and spreads them)

Next is Plague Signet which passively transfers all conditions on nearby allies to me, the active allows me to place those conditions on target enemy.

One of my heal abilities is Consume Conditions which removes all conditions on me healing me for every condition removed. So base heal+additional heal per condition.

Finally there is Well of Power which changes all conditions on allies into boons within the area of effect. I can trait it to make my well skills use ground targeting so it's less a "huddle up" and more of a KEEP FIGHTING skill.

As far as I can tell every ability does remove ALL stacks. That MIGHT be OP aside from the fact that conditions are easily reapplied because some/most classes have conditions at least on their "AA" skill.

The issue is that a majority of the condition necro skills TAKE FOREVER to recharge..As well my version of a "conditionmancer" is a bit different from the current flavor "conditionmancer". More or less I'm focusing on getting conditions out to build up my Life Force so I can hop into Death Shroud as often as possible.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2012 6:24am | Report
Meh.. I guess I should look out for necros a bit more.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide