Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Guild Wars 2

Creator: Luther3000 August 17, 2012 9:14am
312 posts - page 3 of 32
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2012 12:18pm | Report
"Excited" doesn't even begin. TO ****ING. DESCRIBE IT.
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2012 12:39pm | Report
Well it's a good game, but even I'm not "die-hard" for it.
On server Blackgate. Going for Elementalist and Necromancer.

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2012 1:12pm | Report
I was hardcore GW1 fanatic, been waiting for this game for like 5 years. So, needless to say it's a bit exciting for me. XD
Im on Gates of Madness, and Im going to be an asura engineer.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2012 1:55pm | Report
EEEEE TEN HOURS EEEEEE

MAYBE SEVEN IF THEY PUT IT UP EARLY LIKE THEY SAID THEY MIGHT
Blowfeld
<Editor>
Blowfeld's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2012 2:13pm | Report
Well,

got it as a present, my friends go to bed early to spend much time with it at the weekend.

I do not care much, from what I have seen it is just another MMORPG with a few nice features, but in the end it will all be "been there- done that" with some new skills, items and semi- shiny graphics.

Still waiting for a game that really goes the next big step in the MMO genre, as there have only been baby steps in the past 5 years or so.

Every new game brings some nice interesting benefits, but in the end it leaves you always with the same feeling.

Have not been amazed by an MMORPG for years now, they were all ok, but I just do not get the awesome feeling back, when exploring MMOs was all new and exciting.

Guess GW2 won't change that either, but at least there are no subscription fees connected.
That said, I lost interest in TERA after 3 weeks as there has not been anything interesting about it despite the fighting, AOC was a fraud and warhammer online was not living up to its potential.

When does a truly innovative and groundbreaking MMO come out next? (and no: events or weapon combinations are not to be considered ground breaking, it is just fine tuning of an old formula)
Fox Rage wrote:
Blowfeld. Best Party Wrecker Worldwide.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2012 2:22pm | Report
@Blowfield
If you don't consider GW2 a big step then you can be sure you'll never see one in your life time. So far it has been the only MMO that feels intrinsically different from WoW.
Blowfeld
<Editor>
Blowfeld's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2012 3:03pm | Report
Canoas wrote:

@Blowfield
If you don't consider GW2 a big step then you can be sure you'll never see one in your life time. So far it has been the only MMO that feels intrinsically different from WoW.

Well, if that would be true, than it is a pathetic display of the creativity and courage of computer gaming these days.
Fox Rage wrote:
Blowfeld. Best Party Wrecker Worldwide.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2012 5:25pm | Report
I'm so close to 20 HoM points but all of this stuff is impossible for me to do alone. >.>
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2012 6:55pm | Report
They'll prob open it up in 2 hours for you to choose your names for your characters.

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2012 8:45pm | Report
Blowfeld wrote:
Well, if that would be true, than it is a pathetic display of the creativity and courage of computer gaming these days.

How so? Care to elaborate? So far all you've done is make bold statements with no explanations or facts to back them up. I'll assume you simply don't know much about the game.

Still, just so you understand, the biggest difference in GW2 is that you play it with a completely difference mindset. In other games you're always competing against foe and friend alike for gathering materials, killing quest mobs or collecting quest items, etc. In GW2 that simply does not happen, and while it doesn't look like such a big deal you'll soon understand why it is as soon as you log in. You're fighting for the same exact same thing as the other players WITH the other players, not against them. The gathering nodes can be used by everyone, so you don't have people in the same group selfishly leaving in the middle of a fight to mine a iron vein. The mobs don't get "marked" as whoever attacks it first, so you're not fighting against your friends for the quest objectives. There are no "quests", you get them once you get close to the area and half of them are repeatable, so you're always helping out people near you, as there's no "Sorry, I don't have this quest". Everyone can ress and whenever someone falls or dies it shoes up in the minimap, so people nearby will come to you to lend a hand whenever help is needed. It's as if the whole server is your party.
By my book, that alone would be enough to be considered truly innovative and ground breaking, as it changes the very mindset you have when playing the game. However, this feature is just the tip of the ice berg.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide