Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How many Veterans are there?

Creator: Bryun November 11, 2011 10:24am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

108 posts - page 4 of 11
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2011 4:09pm | Report
I'm not saying I have problems with what they do behind the scenes.
Some of the public things they do (and don't do) irk me a little bit.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2011 4:15pm | Report
The vets are not the only people who do good things for the site or who help people out (which you sort of implied there, Jhoi xD), however they ARE people who have been rewarded for doing such.

We're all entitled to our opinions here, no one should be singled out or *****ed at for simply stating how they feel about anything, regardless of how silly it may or may not be.

The one major gripe I have about the subject is that even if I wanted to state how I felt about the all of this, I don't really feel like I could for fear of being cyber-jumped by 10+ people. xD
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2011 4:17pm | Report
No there are some vets who are jerks and others who do not deserve to have green names because they poorly represent the website, etc.

It's great to be active and to do things behind the scenes but it's also important to at least -try- to give MobaFire a good name if you're a green.

It's fine if people hate on vets. Lots of the vets deserve the hate they get.

If the vets don't like the hate they're getting, they should be held accountable for their actions, not do those things that people hate on them for, so that people don't hate on the vets anymore.

Perfect examples;

Lugignaf wrote:

I'm not saying I have problems with what they do behind the scenes.
Some of the public things they do (and don't do) irk me a little bit.

I agree with this.

The one major gripe I have about the subject is that even if I wanted to state how I felt about the all of this, I don't really feel like I could for fear of being cyber-jumped by 10+ people. xD

I also agree with this.

And there are others who feel the same way.
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2011 4:18pm | Report
Don't worry Nameless. We vet's isn't this super team of buddies, we all hate each others guts in secret ;).
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2011 4:23pm | Report
I have stated my opinion in the past and been outright insulted by some of the vets. As I have no desire to be called names, told I am stupid, or the like at this moment, I'll just keep my mouth shut.
GrimmFate
<Member>
GrimmFate's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2011 4:26pm | Report
I haven't been here long enough to have any real opinion on this.

Honestly the only reason I'm here is because I like most of this community.

But if I think about it there's probably only 3 or 4 vets that I know/like/don't mind.

But I also think they're like the only active ones :s
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2011 4:38pm | Report
I should clarify there's a bunch of cool, reasonable, nice, enjoyable vets etc.

But there are also those that are all the above things mentioned.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2011 4:48pm | Report

I have stated my opinion in the past and been outright insulted by some of the vets. As I have no desire to be called names, told I am stupid, or the like at this moment, I'll just keep my mouth shut.

They're just people y'know guys, some of them are *******s and some of them are nice.

I won't mention any names, but a certain vet was being a complete **** to me at one point. I'm also close friends with at least one vet though. =)

It's the same as in any other group of people and you can't generalize about them either way.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2011 4:48pm | Report
And what about Mowen, Duff? She was a vet too, and a very inactive one for a long period of time. However, she has done INCREDIBLE amounts of offscreen stuff. She is the SOLE reason why the database is up to date every patch.

Just because you can't SEE what she's doing, doesn't mean she isn't helping out.

Some of the vets here work quietly. Wrath has been updating the champion rotation ever since he became a vet. Would you like him to post in the forums that he's updated the champion rotation?

Would you like there to be a "change log" on each Vet's page so you can see what we do "off screen"?

I'm not attacking anyone in this thread, I'm just defending my fellow vets.

Nameless: I didn't mean non-vets did nothing for the site. I meant vets actually do stuff that keep the site running and up to date. Until Mowen stepped in, more than half the champions here didn't have recommended items.

I just feel so awful that you guys think we're mean and petty and useless, when I see all this stuff the vets are doing that you can't see.

The vet forums are the place where many new additions to the site are discussed, and we are always trying to find ways to improve user experience.

Just because what you can see (maybe vets being rude in comments, or with bad attitudes) is all you can see, you will never know the extent in which vets have helped this site.

Sorry for rambling.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
GrimmFate
<Member>
GrimmFate's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2011 4:51pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

I just feel so awful that you guys think we're mean and petty and useless

Not all of you. lol.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide