Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Jill Sandwich: The Resident Evil Thread

Creator: throatslasher September 28, 2012 9:55am
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2012 2:53am | Report
.8 metacritic user review with a 66 critic review.. damn re6 seems to be doing great.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2012 3:32am | Report
Oh my, rating bombing. I'm a little surprised they're doing it to RE6.
At least CoD:MW2 and 3 deserved it.
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2012 3:57am | Report
and how does re6 not deserve it? its completely turned its back on what made the original resident evil games good. hell, it got a ****ing 66 critic score.

The issue, though, is with conflicted gameplay; more specifically, scarcity of ammo and an annoying inventory system. Resident Evil 6 doesn't blend horror and explosive action, it simply sits awkwardly between them, leaving you with facing too many enemies with too few bullets. - GamesRadar, 7/10

All the effort in the world won't make up for a lack of vision. This game is blind to imagination and focus. - Eurogamer, 6/10

Resident Evil 6′s main achievement is that it makes me worried about the future of the franchise. I was looking forward to Resident Evil 6, I'm not looking forward to Resident Evil 7. - IncGamers, 5/10

It's a fully-featured, sloppy, frequently frustrating attempt to do well by everyone. Everyone would do well to study its anatomy, to learn what happens to a series stuck somewhere between a new life and an old body. - joystiq, 5/10

How far can cinematics get you when the gameplay sandwiched between them is so poorly paced, so utterly misconceived, so reliant on stick wriggles and button tapping? There's a place for contextual prompts and cinematic storytelling in video games, but Resident Evil 6 is a mishmash of elements put together without any sense of care or direction. -Gamespot, 4.5/10

Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie. There's really no more polite a way to put it. Stuffed to the gills with bombastic action segments, car chases, and relentless chaos, Capcom has abandoned any pretense of the survival horror genre and embraced a world of skin-deep Hollywood audacity. Listlessly wallowing in the depthless waters of homogeneity, Resident Evil 6 is a coward of a game, afraid to make its own individual mark in the industry and cravenly subscribing itself to every overplayed trope in the book. - destructoid, 3/10
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2012 4:06am | Report
Oh.. I didn't think it would be that bad :o

throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2012 9:29am | Report
Inferiae wrote:

Absolutely loved that Slasher, all it needs now is a chaotic video and Yahtzee doing the voice-over and you've got pure gold

Also completely agree that 3 whilst plot wise was a bit nuts, the Nemesis was incredible, where as in previous Resi's doors and stairs were sanctuary's he just flew through up stairs and bashed through walls, it's my scariest moment of all time in Resi 3 in a save room looking for ink for the typewriter listening to tha tranquil music when all off a sudden he came flying in

Bricks were shat

Also wtf happened to games allowing limited saves, the typewriter/ink combo was awesome! saving itself was a decision especially on hard modes when you got barely any ink

I agree with you 100%. Re3's plot was poor, but it was DEFINITELY THE MOST SUSPENSEFUL. after you conduct your business in the stars office in police station and you come down the stairs and he busts through the window, it made me piss my pants. RE3 took all the rules of RE1-2 and threw them out the window. Usually, you could just run past enemies and go to the next room, but there was almost no outrunning that ****er. RE3 was definitely one of the most fun re's. I really liked the gunpoweder system.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2012 12:37pm | Report
Resident Evil 4 Hot *****es mod.

I find that hilarious ^_^

Edit: oh, and throatslasher, are you just gonna ignore what I said about Lone Survivor?...
"He cooked cake." - MrCuddowls

"Oh forget it, I have nothing to hid, I admit it, 12 hours of every single day of my life ever since I was eleven years old have been anal sex with canoes" - MrCuddowls
throatslasher
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2012 1:08pm | Report
Didn't see what you said. I assume you called it bad, which it was. there were plenty of awful entries in the series.
outbreak 1/2
gaiden
wasn't it 'gun survivor'? i don't know. i'm tired and working. leave me alone.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2012 1:55pm | Report
Eeeh?

You need to read stuff more thoroughly if you're gonna respond to it >.>

Check it out:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/209830/

I think it might be just up your alley.
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
throatslasher
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2012 8:21am | Report
Ok I bought RE6. Here are my thoughts on this exciting new direction the RE franchise is headed:
THIS IS THE WORST ****ING GAME I'VE EVER PLAYED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. I LITERALLY CANNOT PLAY THIS GAME FOR MORE THAN 15 MINUTES AT A TIME BEFORE I HAVE TO PUT IT DOWN TO MAINTAIN MY SANITY. LITERALLY, EVERY ASPECT OF THIS GAME IS TRASH. THE WORST ASPECT OF THIS GAME IS THE GAMEPLAY. WHAT A LOAD OF ****. IT HAS THE WORST CONTROLS I'VE EVER SEEN. IT'S NOT FUN. THE PLOT IS A BUNCH OF ******ED HORSE****. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

LITERALLY, THIS IS POSSIBLY THE WORST GAME I'VE PLAYED IN THE PAST 10 YEARS. MAYBE LONGER. THIS MIGHT IN FACT BE THE WORST GAME I'VE EVER PLAYED IN MY LIFE. YOU KNOW THIS GAME IS ****ED WHEN THE WHOLE TIME I'M WISHING I WAS BACK PLAYING RE-****ING-5. THIS GAME IS A STEAMING PILE OF HORSE-****, STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM THIS GAME.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Inferiae
<Member>
Inferiae's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2012 11:50pm | Report
I think Capcom have completely lost the plot, even down to the small things, the Knives in the old Resi's were really **** and using them was either a last resort or you were playing hard modes which gave you sod all ammo, because you know, the living dead isn't really too concerned about cutlery

Nowadays when I'm in a bit of a pickle Leon whips out some kind of roundhouse kick followed by some form of zombie DDT, honestly by Resi 8 I'm half expecting TLC matches
Thanks Xiaowiriamu for the awesome signature!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide