Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Jill Sandwich: The Resident Evil Thread

Creator: throatslasher September 28, 2012 9:55am
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2012 10:01pm | Report
Fine. no ********, how much of re1 did you play? original or remake? did you play 2 3 or CV?

See, you play the game for 30 seconds, can't get the controls, then throw it down and go do something else

As far as not having fun goes, it's not a run and gun series. It was all about survival horror and puzzle solving, 2 concepts lost on games of this generation. Remember the puzzles in re4? there's a hexagonal hole. here's half a hexagon. here's another half a hexagon. hurr what does i do now?

re5: i gotsta turn diz crank and u gotta dawdge da aligator lulululu

re1: scour the mansion, picking locks, finding keys, reading documents. fight bosses, find all the crests. yay! i'm done! oh ****. i put the crests in, and now there's a new area. whelp, turns out i actually only just beat 20% of the game.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2012 10:22pm | Report
I think alone in the dark should've lived on and RE should've died off at 4. Just saying, Alone in the Dark was boss back in the day. (not the new ****ty additions. The first 3 were best 3, but they didn't age well, sadly).
IceCreamy wrote:

(1:07): I prefer your balls over ***hol

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2012 2:54am | Report

Fine. no ********, how much of re1 did you play? original or remake? did you play 2 3 or CV?

I played RE1 for about an hour. I liked how the survival worked, but the controlls were constantly annoying.
I didn't touch any of the others, but if they're as stilted and look as bad as they do, I see no reason to play them.

Quoted:
As far as not having fun goes, it's not a run and gun series. It was all about survival horror and puzzle solving, 2 concepts lost on games of this generation. Remember the puzzles in re4? there's a hexagonal hole. here's half a hexagon. here's another half a hexagon. hurr what does i do now?

Neither is RE4, CUZ U CAN'T MOVE WHILE AIMING, LAWL >:D

In RE4 there's one puzzle in particular that I remember.
You have to make certain symbols light up to access a jewel, but you can only move the marker that lights them up 3 or 4 steps at a time.
It's a good puzzle for bonus cash. I'm pretty sure there are more, but that's the one i remember the most.

I'm pretty sure I play more puzzle games than you do. I've played:
Amnesia, Braid, Lone Survivor, Q.U.B.E., Botanicula, Machinarium, LIMBO, Trine, The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom and Monkey Island 1&2.
All of the games were finished without looking up guides, except for Monkey Island, cuz that game has a serious case of totally-bonkers logic.

Although I reeaally enjoyed the theme of Lone Survivor, I did not finish it. Like with RE1 I felt the game was very clunky at times, especially when shooting things. And it severely hampered my enjoyment of the game.
You might wanna check out the game. It's quite good if you can overlook the ****ty controls and sometimes clunky gameplay. I also think the graphics are better than RE1 even if it's in pixelated 2D, because "realistic" graphics don't age well.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/209830/
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F Roberts
throatslasher
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2012 7:27am | Report
Ocarina of time still looks fantastic to me. Give me nes, snes, n64, and PS graphics over this gen graphics anydays. I remember when you had to use your imagination when playing video games. Look, please don't comment on anything about RE, except your '1 hour experience.' I can appreciate you didn't grasp the controls, but you can't turn around and call the story **** because you 'heard it from a friend'

Typically when my friends tell me a game sucks, that's a green light to go try it. they're right 50% of the time. They said SSBB rocked. wrong. They said Castlevania LoS sucked. wrong.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2012 8:29am | Report
To be fair, aside from code veronica, the story of RE is really cheesy and cliche.
MrCuddowls wrote:

Hahahaha telling me my items are bad HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAhA
Listen buddy don't judge someone's items if your only level 13
This build is Platinum approved, Thats all you need to know

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2012 1:26pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:

To be fair, aside from code veronica, the story of RE is really cheesy and cliche.

Exactly my thoughts.

Ocarina of time still looks fantastic to me. Give me nes, snes, n64, and PS graphics over this gen graphics anydays. I remember when you had to use your imagination when playing video games.

Ocarina of Time looks ok, not bad, but not good either. One of the prettier games on the N64 in any case.
That being said, I LOVE the Zelda games(especially Majora's Mask and Wind Waker). Probably my favorite game series, yet I see the games and their graphics for what they are. The graphics were good at the time of release, but they're nothing special in this day and age. They're not ugly, but not pretty either.
Wind Waker on the other hand will age extremely well. The cell-shaded cartoony style doesn't suffer much from the lack of polygons and low resolution textures. That game will always look good by my standards. Same thing with Bastion (which is an amazing game, both in gameplay and art).

I also find it quite ridiculous that you're preaching on about how graphics doesn't matter to a person who LITERALLY just recommended a low-res 2D game to you.
Quoted:
Look, please don't comment on anything about RE, except your '1 hour experience.'

Look, I don't give a ****. I'm not saying the game is bad and I'm not racking down on it. I'm just saying that it doesn't seem good and I'm not tempted to play it. AND "NOT GOOD" DOES NOT MEAN "BAD".
Quoted:
you can't turn around and call the story **** because you 'heard it from a friend'

You're getting so damn defensive. Stop being a fanboy.

I said "The story isn't exactly a masterpiece", because it isn't. But I'm not calling it bad. I'm saying that it's not good and just because something isn't good doesn't mean it's ****.
Everything in this world isn't black and white.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
throatslasher
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2012 1:31pm | Report
I'm not being a fanboy. I'm defending someone's hard work from an uneducated nay-sayer.
I appreciate that you're being super duper uncommited in your bashing of RE. Just because you put something lightly doesn't mean you don't convey a message. "The story isn't exactly a masterpiece" = "I don't like the story" Would it be correct to deduce that?

Also, I'll give you 10 RP if you can give me a full detailed story arc of re1, 2, 3, and CV without looking it up.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2012 1:51pm | Report

They said SSBB rocked. wrong.

i loved SSBB it was my life =[ but ive never played any of the RE games but im tempted to do some illegal things to play some of the earlier ones cuz retro games are the best games imo

also the Resident Evil 6 logo looks like a giraffe and a little girl
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2012 3:16pm | Report

I'm not being a fanboy. I'm defending someone's hard work from an uneducated nay-sayer.
I appreciate that you're being super duper uncommited in your bashing of RE. Just because you put something lightly doesn't mean you don't convey a message. "The story isn't exactly a masterpiece" = "I don't like the story" Would it be correct to deduce that?

Also, I'll give you 10 RP if you can give me a full detailed story arc of re1, 2, 3, and CV without looking it up.

Thats just as ****ed up as having someone explain ff7's plot. Not even fans of the game can properly explain REs story (minus code veronica) from just playing the game. The story was garbage in those games without the books that came out and you know it. It was poorly executedin the game. Capcoms fault! The games were fun, but the story was loose and packed with plot holes like final fantasy 7
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2012 3:19pm | Report

No. Some people say it that way, but I mean what I'm saying, it's not a figure of speech.
I don't like the story=I don't like the story.

To specify; I'm saying that the story seems very average overall. I don't know enough to say that it's bad or good, just that it seems average, possibly a little on the bad side.

And you're being a little bit of a fanboy :P
Being a little bit too defensive with the whole thing.
You probably grew up with those games and have lots of nice memories of them, but nostalgia can often twist your views on things.
Quoted:

I... see no point in doing that. I know the stories in large from some reading I've done, but I don't see any reason to write it down.

Now, what do think of Lone Survivor? (you didn't respond to any of that)
I think that game is right up your alley.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide