Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Kindle or iPad for eReading

Creator: jhoijhoi August 31, 2019 6:39pm
Do you read your eBooks on...
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2019 6:39pm | Report
Hi all ^^ I've got an ancient iPad, nearly 10 years old. The last time I connected it to the Apple Store was probably in 2011. I actually think it is no longer supported for updates etc and I wouldn't be surprised if my Apple ID is inactive or whatever (I don't do Apple).

I haven't purchased a brand new book in a while, as I'm a thrift shopper and get a lot of my books second hand. My bookshelves are overflowing, despite repeated culls and I'm thinking maybe it's time to let go of two bookshelves or so, as titles gather dust.

tldr; I'm thinking of investing in some sort of eReading device and purchasing digital versions of my physical copies as I want to read them. Which eReader do you own and would you purchase it again/recommend it?

Thanks in advance :)
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Janitsu ♡
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2019 7:12pm | Report
I used a Kindle (don't remember the specific model, sorry) in my last year of university. I liked the convenience of not having to carry multiple books around and it wasn't too bad to read on it. The main benefit to me was that ebooks are easier to get and usually cheaper than physical copies.

I think I personally prefer reading on a physical book, but if you need one of the other convenience/cost aspects of a kindle reader it does the job. I don't have experience with other Kindle models or iPads or anything so I can't offer a useful comparison.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide