Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 220 of 334
Thatdudeinthecotton's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2014 6:43pm | Report
Well, on the off chance you haven't seen it, Fate Zero's magic scheme's pretty consistent. Justice and emotions never determine the outcome of its fight scenes. Wouldn't recommend its sister series fate stay night though, its characters are far blander than those in Fate Zero.
Fate Zero
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2014 8:14am | Report
XeresAce wrote:

So no suggestions huh :c
I've seen FMA & brotherhood though, it was great and all but I'm still looking for something that focuses on magic as the basis of it's story...
I can't seem to word my thoughts correctly :/
Something a bit akin to the to aru series maybe? Like how espers use their abilities but instead its magic? (I never quite understood how magic worked in that universe, though)

Sorry, I can't recommend much in the way of anime. I'm more into manga.
Even in manga the magic theme isn't all that common. I can only think of one series that sort of fits the bill while being good:
http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/the-gamer-r9967

I can recommend a few fantasy series and a few fighting series with supernatural elements though if you'd like.
Or just a few good series in general, if you feel like reading.
Joxuu wrote:

Needless

Needless is pretty mediocre. I've read about a third of it before giving up. It's slightly better than Fairy Tail, but that's not exactly a warm recommendation if I ever saw one..
"He cooked cake." - MrCuddowls

"Oh forget it, I have nothing to hid, I admit it, 12 hours of every single day of my life ever since I was eleven years old have been anal sex with canoes" - MrCuddowls
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2014 1:33pm | Report
@XeresAce:
Legend of Legendary Heroes - Based entirely on magic.

Bout Needless: It is defnitely better than Fairy Tail by alot even. Since it is somewhat older and a bit more trashy, it doesn't appeal to the wider audience
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2014 4:35pm | Report
Just caught up on Koe No Katachi. (ch23 to 30)
Still going strong, as amazing as ever.
"every now and again you come across a game that has so little emotional connection to who you are that you end up standing there, gazing at the screen and saying "I'm just pressing buttons and my life has no meaning,"" - Colin Campbell
Vavena
<Member>
Vavena's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2014 9:14pm | Report
Just finished Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica... So surprised at how dark it was, so gooood.

extradelicious
<Lucky Charm>
extradelicious's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2014 10:57pm | Report
is that picture reflective of the art? cause if so... im gonna go check it out that looks awesome
Proud Coach of MHS League of Legends Teams.
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2014 5:10am | Report
The picture is an improved style.
The art of the anime is kinda childish, but somehow fits with the drama lol. Just watch it, when you get to the last few episodes you will realise it was not a waste of time :p
Vavena
<Member>
Vavena's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2014 8:35am | Report
xIchi wrote:

Just watch it, when you get to the last few episodes you will realize it was not a waste of time :p

This.

Also this is the art style:

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2014 10:06am | Report
I dislike the artstyle of Madoka Magica. It's not quite as bad as Kanon, but it's not that far off. (I mean, nothing compares to Kanon, the characters there look absolutely ****ing ******ed, but still)
I'm still planning on watching it though.
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F Roberts
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2014 11:10am | Report
Okay looking at a new series start:

1) Gintama
2) Gurren Lagann

guess i should include Madoka Magica based on recent posts?

Thoughts?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide