Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 224 of 334
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2014 8:43pm | Report
Thought I'd share this:
Fromt he author of Tasogare Otome x Amnesia comes a new series:
http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/kekkon-yubiwa-monogatari-r11521
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2014 1:08pm | Report
About halfway through Gurren Lagann. I like it so far. Reminds me a good deal of Kill La Kill, which I also enjoyed.

Log Horizon will be next. Than i guess i have to watch psycho pass :D

edit: finished gurren. not a fan of the second half really. parts of it were decent but the majority was subpar imo. the ending also did not impress me at all. real shame too cause the first half was pretty good. oh well. on to the next!

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2014 7:48pm | Report
xIchi wrote:

Thought I'd share this:

I've just spent 4 hours straight reading. It's bloody 04:30. Thanks for sharing!

@Seikoku no Dragonar, yeah it's terrible. I'll probably still watch it because I can enjoy the most terrible things sometimes. The uncensored version is really over the top though.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2014 5:46am | Report
4 Hours for Tasogar Otome x Amnesia? Yes I also read that straight in one go xD
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2014 5:37pm | Report
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I finished Kubera a little while back.
I must say that it's pretty good.
It's a hard one to describe, but it's like a shounen, but with much more focus on the characters and their relationships with each other than there is on the actual fights.
It's different from most other series, and I like that about it.
So if you're up for reading something character-focused that is rather unique then give Kubera a shot.

xIchi wrote:

Thought I'd share this:

Oh god, that's the series I mistook for Another for the longest time. I had totally forgotten the name of it.

Yeah.. no.. I don't see why anybody would be excited about a new series if Tasogare Otome x Amnesia was their previous work.. It was complete and utter drivel. There's so much blatant pandering and so many uninspired plot points that the series simply cannot achieve anything other than mediocrity.
I decided to read 2 volumes of it, but I might give up now. Depending on whether I find something else to read instead.

I did read through the new series too since, well, I just finished Kubera and had nothing else at the time.
Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari is far better than the other series. I'm not sure I'd call it good, but so far it's been at least competent at what it tries to do.
It's campy and silly in just the right ways to make it endearing and I really like the art of the characters.
I'll probably keep reading it.
"I love the dirty bomb tag because i get either

a) posts about the game

b) current world affairs" - steel-sentry
Latest Legend
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2014 6:33pm | Report
Well I never read manga but I can enjoy it. But I can enjoy almost everything with some weird supernatural theory behind it so it may very well be mediocre to most. For that reason I like the other series better than the new one too.
For some reason I think this is perfect for a meme. This could be on the back of yet another deep philosophical lifework.

EDIT: Well it's been roughly eight hours now and I'm not through it yet. Yesterday I only stopped because I heard birds tweeting though...
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2014 8:05pm | Report

Well I never read manga but I can enjoy it. But I can enjoy almost everything with some weird supernatural theory behind it so it may very well be mediocre to most. For that reason I like the other series better than the new one too.

You know me, I can recommend a bunch that I'm pretty sure are better than that drivel :P
Just ask if you're interested.
Mention what kind of series you've liked in the past and what kind of genres you like and I'll try to adjust my recommendations accordingly.
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2014 9:18am | Report

This review seems convincing.
Thanks to GrandmasterD for the sig!
Latest Legend
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2014 11:35am | Report
Searz wrote:

You know me, I can recommend a bunch that I'm pretty sure are better than that drivel :P
Just ask if you're interested.
Mention what kind of series you've liked in the past and what kind of genres you like and I'll try to adjust my recommendations accordingly.

I would be most grateful.

I'm quite new to the scene though(a year max). Does it matter if I name some anime series instead of manga? Some series I liked are Darker than Black, the Monogatari series, Ergo Proxy, Angel Beats and Steins;Gate. But something more silly like Kill la Kill or Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai I can enjoy too. Also Koe no Katachi and Elfen Lied. (No, those aren't all I know xD)

I'm not sure about genre. Most series I like have a supernatural, sci-fi or medieval/steampunk fantasy theme with something to think about. If you were looking for some Japanese term I have no idea.

Could you recommend me something based on that? I don't care whether it's anime or manga.

EDIT: @Review I guess she's right about it not being perfect. Reminds me I still have to read the manga.

And I finished Tasogar Otome x Amnesia. I'm pretty surprised with the well-executed end, it feels very finished in a good way.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2014 2:32pm | Report
XeresAce wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1LQXXunRAo
This review seems convincing.

Eh, she had a few good things to say (good as in intelligent, not as in positive), but she also said a couple of pretty stupid things, so I wouldn't call it a great review.
I'm not even that big of a fan of the anime, I think it was good, but not anything more than that. I am however, a huge fan of the manga, which is a ******* masterpiece so far, regardless of horrible art.

I'm quite new to the scene though(a year max). Does it matter if I name some anime series instead of manga? Some series I liked are Darker than Black, the Monogatari series, Ergo Proxy, Angel Beats and Steins;Gate. But something more silly like Kill la Kill or Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai I can enjoy too. Also Koe no Katachi and Elfen Lied. (No, those aren't all I know xD)

I'm not sure about genre. Most series I like have a supernatural, sci-fi or medieval/steampunk fantasy theme with something to think about. If you were looking for some Japanese term I have no idea.

Could you recommend me something based on that? I don't care whether it's anime or manga.

Good, because I don't watch all that much anime (cuz there's more garbage in anime in general) :P

Okay, the first two obvious recommendations would be Berserk and Shingeki No Kyojin, having medieval fantasy and steampunk settings respectively ^^
They're both ******* amazing and deserve every piece of acclaim they receive. They are very grim and brutal though, (Berserk especially so), so be prepared for a dark story.
A thing to note about Berserk: the two(and a half) first volumes are easily the worst parts of the entire series. Get through them and the rest is pure gold.
The art in Berserk also deserves special mention for being absolutely mindblowing. If you want some examples of the kind of art that Berserk has to offer then you might wanna give Gigantomakhia a read. It's a short 7 chapter mini-series Kentaro Miura and his team put together towards the end of his year-long hiatus from Berserk. It's definitely a good read, not as good as Berserk, but that's an almost impossible bar to reach.
Both Berserk and SNK are missing chapters on Batoto, but read the ones that are there and the rest elsewhere (eatmanga is a pretty good site too), because the quality is easily the best on Batoto.

Another great read is Onepunch-Man. It is a comedy shounen that is a damn near perfect example of the two genres. While it doesn't have as much (or any) "plot" (fanservice) as Kill La Kill, it does mostly fit the same genre.
The art is at the level of Berserk; they're in a league completely of their own. People have been joking that the eventual anime adaptation would have lower framerates than the manga.
Example gifs:

Those are the very cream of the crop that I can recommend you. It doesn't get better than those. After you read them and hopefully like them I can recommend a few other good series that while good, none really come close to the three above.
Quoted:
And I finished Tasogar Otome x Amnesia. I'm pretty surprised with the well-executed end, it feels very finished in a good way.

Hmm, kay. I might finish it if I get some free time, but I'm not exactly expecting much :P
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide