Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 111 of 334
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2013 11:19am | Report
So they release episodes on weekly basis or ?

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Melchee
<Member>
Melchee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2013 11:24am | Report
Berserk... damn, I want new chapters the manga is just awesome. D:
Same for HxH.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2013 11:34am | Report
Melchee wrote:

Same for HxH.

This berserk ? Not sure which one you mean as this is quite old serie after all, but I think you refer to this one. I liked the manga so more than the anime. (Still assuming you mean this one xD)

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2013 4:52pm | Report
YayaFTW wrote:

I'm not Searz, but I can guarantee you that you'll hear about Berserk pretty soon :3

Whut'chu talkin' 'bout willis?

so, if this makes your top ten, whats in your top three?

1/2: Not Berserk and Shingeki No Kyojin
3: (Just off the top of my head:) Either Vagabond, Full Metal Alchemist or Densha Otoko - Net Hatsu, Kakueki Teisha no Love Story

I'm not very clear on the exact rankings since I didn't read most of the series close to each other, but I can give a rough draft of what my top series would be. I'm only really sure about the top two, because those are heads and shoulders above the rest.

Shingeki No Kyojin and Not Berserk are both really dark fantasy stories. The writing in both of them is fabulous, in fact Shingeki No Kyojin currently has me suspended right at the edge of my seat. I can't ****ing wait for the next chapter, there's so much clever storytelling and it consistently surprises me. (the anime is pretty good too, but they've made a LOT of changes for the worse)
Melchee wrote:

Same for HxH.

HxH doesn't seem all that good, honestly.. Looks like a ghetto version of One Piece.
Don't group it with Berserk >:[
Joxuu wrote:

This berserk ? Not sure which one you mean as this is quite old serie after all, but I think you refer to this one. I liked the manga so more than the anime. (Still assuming you mean this one xD)

I'm pretty sure there's just one Berserk :P
It's ******* amazing. It would be cool if they made a proper anime of it. The current one skips a lot of important stuff, has terrible animation and sound effects and only covers a very tiny part of the story.
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."
Thatdudeinthecotton's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2013 5:58pm | Report
Yeah Ive been looking at berserk for a while now Since its so highly acclaimed. Only thing that ever really put me of off it was the clips of the anime I saw. More so than anything the animation just sortof seemed a little ugly to me. Guess that excuse doesn't apply to the manga though XD
Think I'll start reading it tomorrow, since I've got some down time anyway.

Been watching shingeki no kyojin aswell recently, though to be honest its one of the few series in which I prefer the anime over the manga. Yeah I do appreciate that they restructured the story for the anime release, but I find it pretty understandable considering its restraints when it comes to the speed of its storytelling. I mean if the anime was released after the manga had run its course, chances are we wouldn't have seen this change around since there would be no worry of the anime catching up to the finished manga. But considering that this isn't the case, I don't feel they did all that bad a job.

btw, my top three as of now are (in no particular order): Fate stay Zero, Baccano and Full metal alchemist (not the original anime though :/ )

Quoted:
HxH doesn't seem all that good, honestly.. Looks like a ghetto version of One Piece.

Do you kiss your mother with those lips?
Seriously though, its a pretty well written shonen. Its really got a different tone from one piece :p
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2013 2:09am | Report
Searz wrote:

I'm pretty sure there's just one Berserk :P
It's ******* amazing. It would be cool if they made a proper anime of it. The current one skips a lot of important stuff, has terrible animation and sound effects and only covers a very tiny part of the story.

I posted I had done watching Berserk on another forum and they were like whuut ? Which one of them.
How much better is the manga ?

I found the anime cool, well after all it's quite old. Updated version would be nice. The thing which bothered me the most was the weird ending. How does it differ from Manga's ?

Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2013 2:17am | Report
Quoted:
The thing which bothered me the most was the weird ending. How does it differ from Manga's ?

The difference is the manga hasn't ended :3
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2013 2:21am | Report

The difference is the manga hasn't ended :3

O.o Wasn't the manga published 1990 or something ?

Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2013 2:40am | Report
Quoted:
O.o Wasn't the manga published 1990 or something ?

Yup, and its still going to this day xD
Though new releases tend to have huge gaps between themselves apparently (like 1 or 2 months).
Melchee
<Member>
Melchee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2013 3:29am | Report
Searz wrote:

[
Don't group it with Berserk >:[

HxH has all the ponts of a good shounen + some nice psychological aspects and awesome chars (Hisoka :<).
And it also has a more serious tone than most shounens which I really like.
Personally, the best shounen I've ever read.

To berserk:
The anime is nice, however I enjoyed what comes afterwards even more.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide