Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

My god.. the BS

Creator: Searz July 4, 2012 2:30pm
50 posts - page 2 of 5
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 5, 2012 9:50am | Report
Canoas wrote:

Apple has always been focused on screwing people over, that's how they make money through selling overpriced ****, that's why everyone, except for deranged fanatics, hates apple.

I am no fanatic I have a iphone4 since it's out and if I'd buy a phone right now it would probably be a s3
but that aside that doesn't even matter.
Screwing people over IS business at least at this "stage" of business - global for the number one spot

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 5, 2012 9:56am | Report
Quoted:

Apple made some smart search function, Samsung steals it.

Apple's the bad guy

Honestly, that's a pretty dumb comment.

Apple have ******** amounts of general purpose patents. I don't know the most ridiculous one, but take a bit out of these for example:
“Unlocking A Device By Performing Gestures On An Unlock Image” - Not just sliding to unlock, using ANY gesture to unlock your phone is patented by Apple.
“List Scrolling And Document Translation, Scaling, And Rotation On A Touch-Screen Display” - Really? REALLY?
“Object-Oriented Graphic System” - ....

Apple could sue half the ****ing world if they wanted to..
And I'm pretty sure they didn't even come up with 90% of the ideas they implement, they just file patents for it and keep others from using the very ideas they didn't even come up with..
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 5, 2012 10:03am | Report
Quoted:

Look at it from the Apple point of view.
They are a business. They patent something. Why wpuldn't they wanna defend their product's position on the market?

Patenting is fine, but using patents to screw other people over is NOT fine.
Quoted:
Tjey're overpriced for a reason you know?
Nr. 1 cuz they Can
Nr. 2 cuz they put millions and yet more millions(prolly billions) in product developement.
Nr. 3 they have established a very solid and Nice brand.

They're overpriced because:
1. It's a premium(good) product.
2. They screw competing products over.
3. They've established a ****ing religion.

Quoted:
If everypne "stole" **** from each other noone would develope anything.

Another dumb comment.
If everyone "stole" ideas from others then we would get MORE innovation and better products. Bad for the company who would have made money by patenting, but GOOD FOR THE CUSTOMERS (that's us).
"I saw [Twilight: Eclipse] in theaters with a girl I was dating at the time. I spent more time staring at my toes and wiggling them than I did watching this abomination. When Edward proposed to Blank Face, I finally looked up with a revelation.
I blurted out loud, in a dead silent theater full of teenage girls on opening night "Wait a minute, Edward has no blood flow. How does he get an erection?" I heard several men laughing, and had several girls turn and stare at me.

I did not get laid that night." - Berengier817
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 5, 2012 10:23am | Report
Searz wrote:

Patenting is fine, but using patents to screw other people over is NOT fine.

They're overpriced because:
1. It's a premium(good) product.
2. They screw competing products over.
3. They've established a ****ing religion.

Another dumb comment.
If everyone "stole" ideas from others then we would get MORE innovation and better products. Bad for the company who would have made money by patenting, but GOOD FOR THE CUSTOMERS (that's us).

1:
Screw other people? How is claiming ones Right to a product screwing other people over?

2:
Idd a good product(i already Said that)
2,1:
Why wouldn't they make life hard for competing products? It's the free market, if they wanted to they could dump all prices thus screwing over conpetition. (but i still don't See how this contributes to overprice.) If anything this means the opposite.
2,2:
I already Said that.

3:
Why invent when the second You invent something a bigger company steals it n sells it cheaper.
Noone would invest in developing, simply cuz it wouldn't give a market wise +
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 5, 2012 10:38am | Report
I think years ago, Atari should have patented video games, and sued anyone who tried to make any. :D
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 5, 2012 10:41am | Report
They make general purpose patents (do you understand what general purpose means?..). How similar are the products in question really? They're VAGUELY similar, they're not copying each-other.

Screwing other people over is obviously bad for everyone but the ones doing the screwing.
So them screwing people over is bad for us.

So just because you can you should make things worse for other people?
That right there is ****ing ******ed.
"We've had a few gloomy years with bad console ports, and what do we get in the light at the end of the console-tunnel? A tablet OS ported to PC." - Atlas Tasume, on Windows 8
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 5, 2012 10:49am | Report
@acid
Patents (in Denmark at least) only lasts 10 years.

@searz
If You don't like the patents they're making, that's the instance which accepts and puts the patent in force you should be angry at.
Of course Apple want's their conpetition to have a hard time competing.
It's not ******ed, it gives Apple a competition wise edge.. blame the instance which allowed it.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 5, 2012 10:53am | Report
I was being sarcastic lol, I really doubt that patent would go through.

Nukes give the military a huge edge, does that make them right? o:
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 5, 2012 11:03am | Report
Meh, Apple's actively protecting it's market.

Sucks for us, the customer, but it's not really something I can get mad at Apple for doing.

I mean I COULD get mad at Apple for doing the smart business move, but I'm not going to get angry about smart business.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 5, 2012 11:09am | Report
Quoted:

If You don't like the patents they're making, that's the instance which accepts and puts the patent in force you should be angry at.
Of course Apple want's their conpetition to have a hard time competing.
It's not ******ed, it gives Apple a competition wise edge.. blame the instance which allowed it.

No system is perfect. I blame Apple for ABUSING the system.

Nukes give the military a huge edge, does that make them right? o:

Good analogy.

Quoted:

Why invent when the second You invent something a bigger company steals it n sells it cheaper.
Noone would invest in developing, simply cuz it wouldn't give a market wise +

Ooo, good point. First one so far.

Yes and no. It simply depends on maaaany variables.
You're simply being an extremist on this issue.
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide