Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

My god.. the BS

Creator: Searz July 4, 2012 2:30pm
50 posts - page 3 of 5
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 5, 2012 11:18am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

I mean I COULD get mad at Apple for doing the smart business move, but I'm not going to get angry about smart business.

Just because it's sanctioned by law doesn't mean it's correct to do so.
Abusing the system like this is no better than tax cheating, although that's illegal.

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 5, 2012 11:25am | Report
I mean, sure, let Apple prove their business model and products are effective, take the risk producing their product first, and then everyone else takes it and makes money off of an idea that is not theirs. The prices go down, and that sucks for Apple, who is losing their customers to other companies who will use their ideas and make them cheaper.

Good for us!

Bad for Apple. Again, I can't be upset about them going out of their way to defend (Or make claim to, however you choose to view it) the ideas/technology they are both innovating and selling. It doesn't bother me at all, if the price is too high I just won't buy it and live without what they're selling.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 5, 2012 11:26am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Meh, Apple's actively protecting its market.

fix'd...
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 5, 2012 11:30am | Report
But keep in mind that Apple hardly came up with any of the ideas they use in their products. They just implemented the ideas very well.

They already got their piece of the cake for doing so, now they're stealing other peoples' pieces of cake. That's not nice.
I WANT MY CAKE
CAAAKE!!
I'm a strong independent black mage who don't need no mana.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 5, 2012 11:39am | Report
Wellp, I'm not gonna pretend I'm highly educated on the product lines and who invented what. :p
TheMcDanee
<Member>
TheMcDanee's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 5, 2012 11:42am | Report
without Microsoft(not to praise them) apple wouldn't been as big as they are now, they would just be a small company in comparison with Microsoft as Bill did lend apple several milion dollars to get back on track
Thanks to Amazing Monkey and Wombo for the signature :)
The one with Riven was done by me :)
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 5, 2012 11:59am | Report
@searz
That point is the only good one i've made simply cuz it's the only point i had. It's Also the only point of having patents!
Bottom Line: i like you, but your perspective on business seems immature and naive.

@acid
If thy enemy has nukes, you would put yourself at a disadvantage by not having them. Whereas having Them would make nuclear stalemate(Also known As MAD)
(the cold war is a good example)

@duff
Smart guy Right there *points at duff*
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 5, 2012 12:51pm | Report
Quoted:

@searz
That point is the only good one i've made simply cuz it's the only point i had. It's Also the only point of having patents!
Bottom Line: i like you, but your perspective on business seems immature and naive.

You've made many points, but that was the only good one.
Besides; that point isn't relevant in this discussion, because that's not how it is and I'm not promoting that scenario.

That is not what Apple is doing. Apple is not protecting their own innovation.

Quoted:
@acid
If thy enemy has nukes, you would put yourself at a disadvantage by not having them. Whereas having Them would make nuclear stalemate(Also known As MAD)
(the cold war is a good example)

Irrelevant to his analogy.
Sittin' on chimneys, putting fire up my ***.

"I biked 12km in a blizzard today and mice are chewing on my chocolate bars. Life's good."
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 5, 2012 12:55pm | Report
[deleted] wrote:

This is waaaaay too much to read....It's just business. There's no moral principles that apply in the end. To try and look at it that why is only going to be aggravating and get you no where.

There are lots of moral principles in business. Business can have devastating effects on things and people.
Just because there are immoral douchebags doesn't mean that there's no moral involved.
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 5, 2012 1:24pm | Report
Apple did not do this for anyone but themselves.
They were selfish.

If you're a good person you won't try to make other people suffer for your own benefit, you'll instead make yourself/your product better and benefit from that.
There are rational ways to make that happen. You don't have to be a douchebag.
"I'm ebolakin. You can refer to me as Ebola-Chan." - Vurtax

"I also am Otherkin. Whenever autumn rolls around I can feel my kin-type slowly taking over my body. You must know, I identify as pumpkin. I can control it pretty good most of the time, but when September ends, I just cant hold it in anymore. Whenever Im outside I see my brothers and sisters being chopped into soup, coffee, donuts, cake, drinks, bread - ppl even cut human faces into their skin, making a mockery out of their noble appearance. When I see things like that I cant control my pumpkin urges anymore. My natural instincts kick in. I then sit down motionless, while getting bright orange." - Morgana L

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide