Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official Happy thread.

Creator: Nighthawk September 9, 2011 1:14pm
2055 posts - page 157 of 206
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2016 7:58pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:
Oooh, aquamarine! Lovely! I couldn't tell by the photo. Is that your favourite gemstone?
Blue is my favorite color and aquamarine is probably my favorite pale blue gemstone.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2016 8:57pm | Report

Oh boy, there we go, another "Here I, Searz, will be a pretentious **** about yet something else"-comment. Why am I not surprised? "Jeez, GMD, I don't know, is it because Searz is always pretentious about literally everything, including desklamps?" Why, yes it is.

First, those people should look up the definition of the word 'scam', but that's besides the point. The point is, people give meaning to things themselves, and yes, I enjoy the "But the companies invented it man, they're making slaves out of all of us" argument as much as all the penniless hippies, but here you are just completely missing the whole idea of engagement rings.

I understand that you want to feel superior by rejecting every possible tradition people of various cultures have ever come up with - because intelligence is your sword, science your shield, and rationality your artillery -, but honestly, I think you should be past your teenage rebellious phase now. The very idea that you can even get pretentious about something as harmless as engagement rings is just laughable to me.

Does any tradition ever serve any real purpose to the people subjecting themselves to it? Rationally speaking, probably not, unless you count the happiness they gain from it. However, if other people do that, what's it to you? Why do you care? We understand that you're against everyone who makes money - except indie developers of course - and against any sort of tradition, religion, standard, etc. But I fail to see why you care that someone else subjects themselves to a particular tradition just because they enjoy it.

I am not mad, vexed, or particularly disturbed by this, but I would like it if, next time; if a similar situation arises, you would just ignore it, polish your Google Glass, adjust your beret, take a sip of lemonade from your mug, and continue playing whatever indie game is literally the best game ever and makes the great companies look like idiots.

Best regards and lots of love,
GMD
TheSilverDust
<Member>
TheSilverDust's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2016 8:59pm | Report

Ooh, that's so beautiful!

The question is: WHEN?
Comic by VaporaDark!

The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2016 9:50pm | Report
The question is: WHEN?
late summer is what we're hoping for
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2016 11:06pm | Report

Oh boy, there we go, another "Here I, Searz, will be a pretentious **** about yet something else"-comment. Why am I not surprised? "Jeez, GMD, I don't know, is it because Searz is always pretentious about literally everything, including desklamps?" Why, yes it is.

First, those people should look up the definition of the word 'scam', but that's besides the point. The point is, people give meaning to things themselves, and yes, I enjoy the "But the companies invented it man, they're making slaves out of all of us" argument as much as all the penniless hippies, but here you are just completely missing the whole idea of engagement rings.

I understand that you want to feel superior by rejecting every possible tradition people of various cultures have ever come up with - because intelligence is your sword, science your shield, and rationality your artillery -, but honestly, I think you should be past your teenage rebellious phase now. The very idea that you can even get pretentious about something as harmless as engagement rings is just laughable to me.

Does any tradition ever serve any real purpose to the people subjecting themselves to it? Rationally speaking, probably not, unless you count the happiness they gain from it. However, if other people do that, what's it to you? Why do you care? We understand that you're against everyone who makes money - except indie developers of course - and against any sort of tradition, religion, standard, etc. But I fail to see why you care that someone else subjects themselves to a particular tradition just because they enjoy it.

I am not mad, vexed, or particularly disturbed by this, but I would like it if, next time; if a similar situation arises, you would just ignore it, polish your Google Glass, adjust your beret, take a sip of lemonade from your mug, and continue playing whatever indie game is literally the best game ever and makes the great companies look like idiots.

Best regards and lots of love,
GMD

damn
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2016 2:02am | Report

Women love jewellery? What is this? Why not just get her an engagement lawnmower????

An attempt to call someone pretentious that takes 5 paragraphs and 300 words

Basically MOBAFire.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2016 3:15am | Report

Women love jewellery? What is this? Why not just get her an engagement lawnmower????

Nah, then we'd get a video about how lawnmowers are scams because scissors are more cost efficient.

But for real, why do I always show up late for these things.

Edit:

Most people's feelings about Searz by this point. Or atleast mine.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2016 4:40am | Report
My classes in Mandarin (Chinese) are starting on Monday and I'm super exited! :)
TheSilverDust
<Member>
TheSilverDust's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2016 6:14am | Report
1. OMG we have potentially 11 applicants in our orgnaization (some of them are my friends, yay!)! I am really glad considering Sociology is a degree not many people do not take in our university. Now preparing to have their interviews of me and putting my Intellect Hat!

2. My family is going to a vacation by the weekend!

3. I just realized that I have a year of stay here in this site. :D
Sig made by me!
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2016 6:34am | Report
Vynertje wrote:
My classes in Mandarin (Chinese) are starting on Monday and I'm super exited! :)
Why are you gonna study that?

As for my happy news, I'm on break for nearly 3 weeks now! Now I can catch up on my 4 games, play ranked and I might write a new guide.

thank you jhoijhoi for the signature <3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide