Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official hearthstone thread

Creator: Pølsemanden December 8, 2013 1:59pm
1091 posts - page 28 of 110
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2013 6:49am | Report
Quoted:
isn't the warrior ability like the worst one, y'know by far?

Eeh, no, I wouldn't say so personally. I personally compare hero powers based on their influence late game (in which they can be used pretty much every turn) and based on that I think it's a decent/solid hero power since it can give you quite a lot of "extra health" in one game. However, I wouldn't say it's a great hero power because it doesn't affect the board in any way (same story for Hunter, pretty much). Priest, Mage, Shaman, Paladin and Warlock have better powers imo, Hunter is even and Rogue/Druid imo are worse since 1 damage just isn't a lot when dealing with big enemy minions (the same could be said for Mage but that class doesn't have to take damage to the face like Rogue/Druid does). I also think the Warrior hero power fits the class well because of the amount of weapons a Warrior generally has; the armor is useful in terms of reducing damage done to the hero while taking out enemy minions.

....That's all just based on my experience so far though, could be wrong :P

Anyway, speaking of the warrior hero power, I just bought a pack because I had 500+ gold and don't feel like arena atm and I got Shield Slam which I wanted really badly. Yaaaaaay :D

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2013 7:03am | Report
"That's all just based on my experience so far though, could be wrong :P"

you are. Warrior and hunter hero power are the weakest by far, but the hunter's isn't that bad in arena, but bad in constructed where warrior's is useless in arena (except against fatigue -_-) but ok in constructed where you can guarantee you have weapons in your deck.

In hunter, when you get your damage in and they clear your board and they're at 8, you have them on a 4 turn clock.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Last Plagas
<Member>
Last Plagas's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2013 8:52am | Report
Quoted:

isn't the warrior ability like the worst one, y'know by far?

No. Hunter takes that honor, next to priest. There are some cards in the game that benefit from you being low on hp (like mortal strike or molten giants) and armor doesn't count towards your actual "health". That's why you'll usually see warriors who play these cards attack with their weapon first and then armor up. That way they get closer to those cards, while still maintaining some hp.

After the recent mage nerfs I'm finally enjoying my warlock aggro deck and my murloc decks.
Every time you succeed, I bleed a little.
Werepirelord
<Member>
Werepirelord's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2013 10:36am | Report
Priest gets really good once you use shadowform though.

The Warrior one is worse in most cases compared to the Pries one, which, whilst pretty bad early, ensures that the opponent focuses finishing off your savants. It relies on combos to work well though, but in my last arena run Shadowform gave me a ton of early power.

Tah beh, or nat tah beh. BOOM! Nat tah beh.
Last Plagas
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2013 11:07am | Report
The thing about shadowform is that it's only really playable on turn 5 where you can immediately use it. Basically priest already sucks early and shadowform is a pretty late card, because using your new hero power as a removal before like turn 6-7 will just eat most of your turn and you will have no other playable cards.
It's good if you're playing control priest though.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2013 11:18am | Report

"That's all just based on my experience so far though, could be wrong :P"

you are. Warrior and hunter hero power are the weakest by far, but the hunter's isn't that bad in arena, but bad in constructed where warrior's is useless in arena (except against fatigue -_-) but ok in constructed where you can guarantee you have weapons in your deck.

In hunter, when you get your damage in and they clear your board and they're at 8, you have them on a 4 turn clock.

I wasn't talking about arena though since I play more constructed x_x

How does the priest hero power suck? o_o

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Last Plagas
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2013 11:25am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

How does the priest hero power suck? o_o

Because it doesn't do anything for your early game besides mining cards with northshire cleric. For his hero power to be effective you need to have at least a 4-5 hp minion and trade with your opponent and these minions only come around 4-5 mana (Yeti, Shieldmasta, Lightspawn), the only exception being Injured blademaster.
Healing big creatures is always nice, but you have to get to them and your hero power will not help you with that.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2013 11:40am | Report
Eeeh, ok, but I personally think most hero powers suck early on tbh, that is I'd generally much rather play 2 or 3 cost minions than having to use hero power in my early turns. As I said before, late game relevance of a hero power is much more important imho.

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2013 1:30pm | Report
Warrior is the worst hero power, because it's only good if you are ahead and it doesn't interact with the board.

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2013 2:05pm | Report
Priest's hero ability is amazing. It synergizes with a dozen cards and it DOES affect the board. Hit a 4/4 with your yeti and heal it to a 4/3, well out of range of their 1 or 2 attack minions. Priests allow your minions to more easily 2 for 1
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide