Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official Manga/Anime Thread

Creator: Jebus McAzn August 4, 2011 3:56pm
316 posts - page 3 of 32
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2011 8:14am | Report
Soronto wrote:

My friend recommended me Gantz few days ago, he said it's pretty awesome. Anyone of you guys ever heard of it?

Yap. It's pretty decent. Really good at times, dumb at others. Contains gore and nudity.
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2011 9:05am | Report
theBMB wrote:

I used to watch anime, then I started reading manga and realized that half the shows were just animated versions of the manga, with the occasional ****py filler inbetween when the show started to get too close to the manga.
I used to read alot more, but I started to realize that a lot of manga (especially shonen manga) just drag things out for waaaaay too long and will often continue with the storyline after it should've ended, resulting in a never ending stream of pulling **** out of your ***. I still read Naruto and Bleach (been reading them for so long, don't see a big reason to stop), but these two prove my point more than any other (I don't read One Piece, but I imagine it falls into the same bucket). It's been a long time since I've seen an anime or manga do something completely refreshing without beating the concept to death.

Just like to add that I'm not bashing anime or manga, I've seen some really good ones that I'm *really* glad I watched. It's just that high quality ones are few and far between.
Yougan
<Member>
Yougan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2011 10:09am | Report
Dotter wrote:

Am I the only one, who think Naruto has gotten rather drawn out?
Soooooo many flashbacks all the time xD

Bloody hell yeah! The flashbacks and fillers had 70% of the ******** anime. O_o

Thanks to jhoijhoi, Brynolf, Jeffy40hands, Samoh, MissMaw, Vavena, Koksei and The-Nameless-Bard for my signs
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2011 12:09pm | Report
I have nothing to watch at the moment, started Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei but after 9 Episodes it got really boring because of those stupid, repetitive punchlines.

Really, I need a recommendation.
I enjoyed watching the Clannad series, Toradora!, Elfen Lied, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, Code Ge***, FMP and such... :\

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Yougan
<Member>
Yougan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2011 12:15pm | Report
Was thinking of try Code ge*** but then I saw the robots.... <_<

Also: Is FMA brotherhood the continuing of FMA? :8
Cuz I stopped watching it cuz I heard the endining of FMA and it sucked... xD

Thanks to jhoijhoi, Brynolf, Jeffy40hands, Samoh, MissMaw, Vavena, Koksei and The-Nameless-Bard for my signs
kin333x
<Member>
kin333x's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2011 12:18pm | Report
Try TRIGUN, Yes that's an anime its old but it was good, Probaly best i've ever seen.
Thanks to jhoijhoi MoonEdge For the sigs!
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2011 12:47pm | Report
Yougan wrote:

Was thinking of try Code ge*** but then I saw the robots.... <_<

Also: Is FMA brotherhood the continuing of FMA? :8
Cuz I stopped watching it cuz I heard the endining of FMA and it sucked... xD

I was sceptical about the mechs in code ge***, but really, they're an extremely minor part in it, believe me, you'll love it. It's my second favourite anime of all time and I'm not a big fan of mecha either.

FMA:B Is essentially following the manga all the way through. As far as I hear it, FMA originally was following the manga, but was being released faster than the manga was, then had to improvise on a story about half way through.
Brynollf
<Member>
Brynollf's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2011 12:54pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Contains gore and nudity.

Then it's good.

I don't read any manga or watch anime, But i read som chapters of a manga a while ago wich was really good in my opinion, It was about like a alien frog or something crashing on earth, Anyone know the name of it?
Thanks to Xiao for the awesome signature!
Please +Rep me if i helped you.
grieves
<Member>
grieves's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2011 1:39pm | Report
Brynollf wrote:

Then it's good.

I don't read any manga or watch anime, But i read som chapters of a manga a while ago wich was really good in my opinion, It was about like a alien frog or something crashing on earth, Anyone know the name of it?

Keroro Gunsou - I think this is the one you talking about

I've watched to many to list accourding to my anime planet page watched 477, watching 70

also if you like the gore and nudity check out Elfen Lied its all about the gore and nudity
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2011 2:57pm | Report
Brynollf wrote:

Then it's good.

But it's also dumb at times :/

If you like the above you should read Berserk.
Berserk>ALL
"I love the dirty bomb tag because i get either

a) posts about the game

b) current world affairs" - steel-sentry

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide