Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official Mobafire PC thread

Creator: Vynertje August 3, 2015 11:59am
541 posts - page 18 of 55
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2015 5:00pm | Report
For gaming, 8GB is sufficient for at least the next years to come.

I don't think it hurts to be prepared (RAM is dirt cheap atm) but it isn't necessary unless you plan to go heavy on video editing.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2015 3:45am | Report
Bryun wrote:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/7dRnRB

Is that the best GTX970 brand I could get? I heard GIGABYTE is really good.

No, I'd say MSI is the way to go. GIGABYTE's triple fan is kind of a marketing stunt. Their fans aren't that well stabilized and often have a worse temperature to sound ratio than other coolers.
Quoted:
A friend also told me I should upgrade my RAM to 16Gbs, is that really necessary to do in fear of "bottle-necking my performance from my graphics card"

It's a tough thing to state with certainty.
16GB is a blessing for me, but I'm probably a bit heavier user than most. I don't reach 8+ often, but it mainly means that I can have peace of mind that my PC never has to resort to the swap file and starts chugging while I'm doing something.
I usually have ~50 tabs open when waiting for a match in online games like Dirty Bomb (I'm almost in Cobalt rank, which is the second highest :D) It means I can have the browser open and something else and even record video at the same time (having a buffer of the last 5min takes about 300MB RAM) without having to worry about running out and performance going to ****.
I like it, but it's not necessary.
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2015 2:40pm | Report
Somehow streaming with XSplit makes me experience a lot less FPS lag than compared to OBS. Anyone know why?

Settings are the same, but I get like 100~200 FPS for League in game on XSplit while I get random 40 drops on OBS
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 28, 2015 2:19pm | Report
Maybe you're buffering more footage per encoding "round" (so to speak). Or just something else that gets queued up and then drops the framerate when the task is executed.
Does XSplit have all the same options?
"every now and again you come across a game that has so little emotional connection to who you are that you end up standing there, gazing at the screen and saying "I'm just pressing buttons and my life has no meaning,"" - Colin Campbell
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2015 7:42pm | Report
I believe so... The interface is pretty different so I'm not 100% sure.

Both are 1080p 30fps
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 30, 2015 4:43am | Report
It could also be encoding preset.
Screenshot the settings?
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2015 11:38am | Report
Hey guys, I'm saving up for a new computer. it will be a lot easier now that Im back to keeping my entire paychecks for myself. I thought I'd throw something together and see what you guys thought of the specs;

Case: Coolermaster Mastercase pro5 mid-tower
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4790K 4.0 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1150
Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler w/ PWM fan
Motherboard: ASUS Z97-K ATX w/ Intel GbLAN, 2 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 2 PCI, 1 x M.2, 6x SATA 6Gb/s
Ram: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Corsair Vengeance
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5
Power Supply: 750 Watts - Corsair RMi Series RM750i 80
Memory: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD

Notes:
I chose the parts on cyberpowerpc's website. It's where I got my computer last time and it's been running strong for 3 years.
It's looking like 1200 for those parts. Is that too much for what I chose?
Also, for record the most graphically intense games I play are Dragon Age: Inquisition and Skyrim and soon Fallout 4. I just want to be able to run those games on very good settings.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2015 11:47am | Report
i'm not too sure but if you just want to play those games on best settings i think you're overspending on processor
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2015 12:02pm | Report
What would you recommend?
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2015 12:40pm | Report
I am 70% sure that an i5 4690k is the best bang for the buck for gaming, but I havn't really kept up with benchmarks of the new skylake processors, so check those out before buying anything. You definitely don't need an i7 though. Get a ssd for the money you saved(for the os and possibly some games).
You can also swap the gtx 970 for a r9 390.
I think that 500-600w for your psu are enough for your setup, but going 750 doesn't hurt if you want to upgrade later.
Thanks to IPodPulse for this <3^

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide