Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official Pokemon X/Y Thread.

Creator: OTGBionicArm October 12, 2013 5:30am
127 posts - page 8 of 13
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2013 8:14pm | Report
I play the game competitively so it doesnt really bother me. The mini games and other pokemon customization was a nice touch for me, especially super training.
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2013 8:17pm | Report

The EXP Share is pretty rediculous. and as Sirell mentioned you get a broken ****ing Torchic that levels faster than everything by default (As it technically is not your pokemon originally). Mega Blaziken/Charizard X/Lucario pretty much carry the entire game singlehandedly and oneshot everything. You get all of these for free, by the way. Game freak kinda messed up by making the strongest megas incredibly easy to obtain and making exp share broken

I agree I played though Black and White 2, and I was pissed that every NPC, and I mean EVERY NPC just gives you things for free, including, and I repeat a entire MALL to run, at that point I almost stopped playing because I don't want a game that plays it's self, I am about to buy Pokemon X soon, but I am sick of just how the game just gives you free stuff, no challenge what so ever.

in real life "What the Hell is this kid doing in my house!"

in pokemon "Hey have this gold nugget I found!"

or "Here 10 year old have this 9 ft tall monster who can breath fire"

Or "you look like you have a kind heart have this" hands you meaningless junk.

There could be drinking game for this. Every time you get something from an NPC by just talking to them, for the first time you take a shot, and you will die of alcohol poisoning by the 2nd or 3rd gym, side quests that give you items don't count just random NPCS that you encounter for the first time, example "Here Kid have a bike" in the first game you kinda had to earn it or least talk to more then one person.

please note that I'm am only joking and do not endorse any kind of irresponsible drinking.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2013 8:33pm | Report
Just play the challenge modes like battle chateu or whatever, or actual live battles. The single player of pokemon is always easy (lets be honest here, it is) and I think they actually intended to speed it along to make way for all the bonus activities.
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2013 8:37pm | Report
true they put a lot more focus into end game this time around, but's still annoying and breaks the fourth wall when the game just holds your hand the whole way.

but at least it has a really strong late game with the live battles.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2013 8:50pm | Report
Well, realistically, Gamefreak finally realized it has two core audiences;

Kids; who need hand holding and extra tutorial content and easier gameplay.

and

Competitive battlers (Mostly 20+ years old); Who could give a **** less about the story, only thrive to get the best IVs/EVs on pokemon and the best move sets, and wish that there was even less tutorial content, but are okay with the speed of the story/initial leveling.

There usually isn't an inbetween with pokemon... But there are adults who simply enjoy playing it like they did as kids, I guess.
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2013 9:09pm | Report
true for me it's all about the end game stats and breeding for the best IVs/EVs I also like getting sucked into the story as well but Pokemon black and white 2 just fell a little short of that, but it's end game was great.

Overall I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of Pokemon X and start training my Pokemon dream team
Sig by HogoPogo
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2013 1:45am | Report

I am sick of just how the game just gives you free stuff, no challenge what so ever.

ALL Pokemon games completely lack challenge. Grind is not a challenge, it's a waste of ****ing time.
sirell wrote:

I don't get this top% thingy. q.q

It refers to pokemon "genetics". Every pokemon has a genetic value of 0 to 31 for every stat they have. This value is referred to as IV. The higher the value they have, the higher the gene bonus to that stat, so to speak.
Selective breeding of pokemon can give you better genes on the offspring.

Then there's also EVs that add to the list of ******** game mechanics that aren't explained for ****.
Pokemon games are just filled with ******** like this in general..
"Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine." - deityignis

"MY WHOLE LIFE IS A WANK." - WTTNHK

"There are boobs...LOTS OF BOOBS. And then Obama comes out of no where." - JEFFY40HANDS, on Air Gear
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2013 1:50am | Report
Searz wrote:

It refers to pokemon "genetics". Every pokemon has a genetic value of 0 to 31 for every stat they have. This value is referred to as IV. The higher the value they have, the higher the gene bonus to that stat, so to speak.
Selective breeding of pokemon can give you better genes on the offspring.

Then there's also EVs that add to the list of ******** game mechanics that aren't explained for ****.
Pokemon games are just filled with ******** like this in general..

It took me to SoulSilver to even realise such a thing as EVs existed.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2013 1:52am | Report
the top % thing is a pokemon meme searz, about the kid in jhoto with the ratatta

also the past pokemon games were a challenge if you didnt grind, and there was normally a point in the game where you got stopped because you cant beat something, be it a gym or a rival battle or something, this game autogrinds for you and gives you some of the strongest pokemon early in the game
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2013 1:59am | Report
I think that's Searz's point, though. The Pokemon games aren't a challenge simply because you can just Grind2Win. Can't beat that Level 14 Onix? Np, I'll just grind this Caterpie into a Butterfree. Elite Four too hard? Np, level 100 Magikarp Flail Sweep the ****ers. Or like you can do stupid broken things like trading a higher level Pokemon into your game and facerolling everyone that way.

The fact that you don't even have to grind in these new Pokemon games shows (for Searz) that it's even more ridiculous mechanically.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide