Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

overstrike/fuse and the relationship between...

Creator: caucheka October 5, 2012 2:40am
1 2 3
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2012 3:11pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:

1.) The first video he showed of the original was just a trailer with NO GAMEPLAY OF THE VIDEO GAME SHOWN.

This. You are comparing a trailer with the gameplay.
Although I'm not really that surprised that you guys don't know what a trailer is supposed to be.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2012 5:09pm | Report
overstrike: interesting looking game that i will keep my eyes out for more news about the game, made by a dev team that has a long history of providing fun titles.

fuse: ea destroyed another developer by making them make a cod clone. nothing of interest here.

and i can tell you that from -just- the trailer.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2012 5:33pm | Report
caucheka wrote:

overstrike: interesting looking game that i will keep my eyes out for more news about the game, made by a dev team that has a long history of providing fun titles.

fuse: ea destroyed another developer by making them make a cod clone. nothing of interest here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrqhykRsKVI

Yeah, your argument can go **** itself. Brink's trailer looked new, exciting, innovative and creative, but in the end, it turned out to be nothing but garbage.

By the way, how is portal 2? OH! THAT'S RIGHT! You played a 2D flash version of it and were instantly able to tell that the real game was a terrible game because the flash version was just boring! Right, I completely forgot how good you were at rating games.
MrCuddowls wrote:

Hahahaha telling me my items are bad HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAhA
Listen buddy don't judge someone's items if your only level 13
This build is Platinum approved, Thats all you need to know

Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2012 6:01pm | Report
caucheka wrote:

I find it very amusing the way you deduct so much information from a single trailer that shows absolutely no gameplay.

Caucheka is trying to form a new Anti-EA religion. He already started to believe and spread the word that EA is ruining games based on nothing but faith. In a few years we'll see these anti-ea topics printed out as some kind of holy book.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2012 6:14pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:
Brink's trailer looked new, exciting, innovative and creative, but in the end, it turned out to be nothing but garbage.

wat

Brink's trailer looked like **** :x
Tri lane for life.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2012 7:08pm | Report
I like the idea of playing a game before deciding if it's **** or not. If all I ever did was ***** and moan because a trailer didn't appeal to me I probably wouldn't be playing LoL.

All I've read thus far is "I HATE EA"....I'm all for respecting people's opinions, but when all I end up getting is the same opinion represented in such a very biased and relatively "unfounded" way it makes me wonder if what I'm reading is even "true". What I mean is, Trailer 1 was purely animated, ALL CG, all "concept". Trailer 2 presents actual game play where the core concept of a 4 man co-op game with each character having different traits is more fleshed out.

Then I read Caucheka's comments to this and you would have thought someone killed his prized pony. As someone said earlier, for all you know that was the route the game was already heading. But the minute you hear/read EA is associated with it you cry "*****TORM ON THE HORIZON EA IS AT IT AGAIN".

FFS if all you're going to do is whine about it at least put it in a single thread. Otherwise come up with a better approach because "EA is evil because they don't conform to my ideas" is getting REALLY old.

To clarify: I do believe EA is toxic, but it doesn't stop me from playing games they make because...You know sometimes I actually enjoy them.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2012 4:02am | Report
Toshabi wrote:

Then I ask again, "How can you say they ruined it if you never saw gameplay from the original"? For all we know, the trailer was all they had from before, and on top of that, EA has been working with them from the get go. What's not to say that this is the direction insomniac gaming wanted to go?

Either or, this looks like a game you probably wouldn't have played to begin with. My assumption of you not playing this game are just as viable as your assumption of "EA ruined this game" based on your 'facts'. So how did EA ruin this game if they were with it from the start, and how do you know this isn't what insomniac wanted? Explanations and facts. I require them. Give them to me and I'll be able to see eye-to-eye with you.

I'm talking style. Style doesn't always include gameplay, but it's still an important part of games.
It's obvious from the first video that they wanted to create something different from brown military shooters, yet the end product ended up as an uninteresting pile of brown.

If the end product would have been fun I would probably have bought the game. Of course, there's no guarantee for that, but it's a hell of a lot likelier that it would have been better without the lack of colors, boring sceneries and heaps upon heaps of chest-high walls.
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2012 4:19am | Report
Toshabi wrote:
Brink's trailer looked new, exciting, innovative and creative, but in the end, it turned out to be nothing but garbage.

Temzilla wrote:
wat

Brink's trailer looked like **** :x

It wasn't that bad. It wasn't great either though.
"I'm ebolakin. You can refer to me as Ebola-Chan." - Vurtax

"I also am Otherkin. Whenever autumn rolls around I can feel my kin-type slowly taking over my body. You must know, I identify as pumpkin. I can control it pretty good most of the time, but when September ends, I just cant hold it in anymore. Whenever Im outside I see my brothers and sisters being chopped into soup, coffee, donuts, cake, drinks, bread - ppl even cut human faces into their skin, making a mockery out of their noble appearance. When I see things like that I cant control my pumpkin urges anymore. My natural instincts kick in. I then sit down motionless, while getting bright orange." - Morgana L
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide