Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

overstrike/fuse and the relationship between...

Creator: caucheka October 5, 2012 2:40am
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2012 2:01pm | Report
Searz wrote:

So EA is not to blame for pushing the game in a direction that makes the game awful?

Sure it's the developers' fault that they chose EA, but what EA does to the gaming industry is very, very bad and it deserves gamers' full attention.

If making bad games is a crime, why aren't you guys calling more **** out? Hypocrites, yall are just following a stupid *** bamd wagon. I can't believe you're making such a big deal over a game you probably would never have played to begin with. I never even head of this game up until EA brought it up. That alone will probably generate them more revenue in the long run then had they stuck to their own path. EA isn't the greedy ones here, the starting company is for cashing out on a novel idea just to make a big buck. Why aren't any of you calling tHEM out for that? Their greed is toxic to the very community you try so hard to defend. Instead of getting mad at them, you'd rather turn a blind eye just so you can feel cool for attacking a bigger target. Your ignorance, so delicious. Much like that of a huge cloud of cotton candy soaked in chocolate milk.
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2012 2:08pm | Report
First trailer reminds me of Borderland, in more funky and funny. Overstrike would've been an instabuy for me.

I won't even think of maybe even try the demo of Fuse. Just with the trailer, I can tell Fuse is gonna be CoD v.2.0. AKA a piece of trash.

Quoted:
9.0/10; editors choice
-ign

IGN is well known for selling reviews, so don't believe anything written there.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2012 2:08pm | Report
@Tosh
I did say that it was the developers' fault too.

EA deserves most of the hate they're getting.
Sometimes hate/criticism can make things better. Players hated on Ubisoft's DRM and now they're removing it.

Just leave the threads alone if you're so annoyed by reading them.
"We've had a few gloomy years with bad console ports, and what do we get in the light at the end of the console-tunnel? A tablet OS ported to PC." - Atlas Tasume, on Windows 8
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2012 2:18pm | Report
My apologies if you can't properly defend your point of view. It wasn't till I pointed the holes in your flimsy argument till you admitted the fault of the intro company. In fact, all this could've been avoided had they not been greedy. There's some fun food for thought

And no I enjoy these threads. Any time I can make fun of caucheka or point out flaws is a win thread for me. Minus the grotesque amount of.thread spam caucheka is doing. That makes me wonder how he's doing after reading all this
IceCreamy wrote:

(1:07): I prefer your balls over ***hol

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2012 5:20pm | Report
I think you missed something. I AM defending my point of view.
I think that they made a mistake in choosing EA and it's a big part their fault.

That does not mean that EA isn't to blame. Hence I think this thread is justified.
"I saw [Twilight: Eclipse] in theaters with a girl I was dating at the time. I spent more time staring at my toes and wiggling them than I did watching this abomination. When Edward proposed to Blank Face, I finally looked up with a revelation.
I blurted out loud, in a dead silent theater full of teenage girls on opening night "Wait a minute, Edward has no blood flow. How does he get an erection?" I heard several men laughing, and had several girls turn and stare at me.

I did not get laid that night." - Berengier817
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2012 6:02pm | Report
Searz wrote:

I think you missed something. I AM defending my point of view.
I think that they made a mistake in choosing EA and it's a big part their fault.

That does not mean that EA isn't to blame. Hence I think this thread is justified.

So, why is EA to blame? If you choose the wrong person for the job because you feel like selling out to bank on a quick buck, why is it the fault of the person they hired? They made the call, they knew what they were getting into. What I find to be the most hilarious thing about all of this? Caucheka and his biased thinking didn't take to consider the fact that

1.) The first video he showed of the original was just a trailer with NO GAMEPLAY OF THE VIDEO GAME SHOWN. Any game company can make a fantastic animated trailed and still have a bland garbage game (see world of warcrafts new expansion).

2.) The "new vision for gaming" that caucheka is talking about has been done already. It's called Team Fortress 2.

3.) The test group they got is what EA (note, the COMPANY THAT INSOMNIAC GAVE THE GAME TOO) appeals to most and MAKES THEM MORE SALES. When you run a business, you do what sells no matter how stupid it is. If you need a prime example of this, see Apple.

So, without seeing actual gameplay footage of this game (seeing how insomniac hasn't even revealed any gameplay footage), how can you be sure EA is ruining the game? I looked around the internet for a while and gave up when all I found were nothing but the trailer spammed over and over again with downvotes from people asking "Where is the gameplay!?!". For all we know, insomniac had to throw the game over to EA because they couldn't do it themselves. I bet you if they went about doing the game in their own manner, it'd produce a game with great characters and boring gameplay. But hey, you can go ahead and make your assumptions. I'm almost positive that you've already played both version of the game and you can already consider the game is ruined by EA due to your extensive test playing of both versions. ******** EA and its horrible game ruining hands! ^_^

No.

Your homework from me is as followed:

1.) Find me gameplay footage of the original game that insomniac did.

2.) Explain what you mean by your "rage against EA is justified" in this thread. All I've seen is you pretty much say "THIS GAME SUCKS CAUSE IT'S NOT THE KIND OF GAME I LIKE!!!!!" (if I go by your logic of thinking, then I can safely say Chrono Trigger was the worst game ever created because I hate playing RPGs).

Your logic is flawed. Fix it now, leave your bias at the doorstep and get back to me.

Edit: LOL! I watched the intro clip more closely. IT WAS IN EA'S HANDS TO BEGIN WITH! WATCH CLOSELY AT :03! You guys are bloody idiots, seriously.
MrCuddowls wrote:

Hahahaha telling me my items are bad HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAhA
Listen buddy don't judge someone's items if your only level 13
This build is Platinum approved, Thats all you need to know

Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2012 1:43am | Report
I wish i could +rep Tosh on every single comment he made here, but sadly i would need to wait one day and im way to lazy for that
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2012 3:36am | Report
“It took a lot of us learning about who the audience is halfway through,” - Ted Price, founder and ceo of insomniac games

the publisher (ea) is paying the developer (insomniac) to make a game, in the effort for the publishers (not the developer) to make more money. besides paying the dev to make the game, the publisher has to make sure to promote the game, since no sales means no money, especially so since they paid the developers and don't want to be in the negative.

part of that is finding a target audience to market the game to. it is not about telling the developer to change the game in order to garner a larger audience, but since the publishers are only out to make money, they see this as not only reasonable, but as necessary.

but unlike what ea did to bioware, they are making insomniac change target audience before the first game is even released, instead of changing target audience between the original game and its sequel (dragon age), or gradually changing the target audience over the series' lifespan (mass effect).

its not just ea that is doing this, practically every big budget triple a title is trying to garner the same target audience, who just happen to play cod all day. whether its, again, changing a series to do so (resident evil 6), dumbing down a game so the stupider masses can play the game (skyrim), or even reviving a series that doesn't need to be revived simply for more money, and in turn make it more like cod (halo 4).
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2012 6:17am | Report
Toshabi wrote:

Explain what you mean by your "rage against EA is justified" in this thread.

EA turned a great concept into goo. I'm not really raging, I'm just sad that something that could have been great is now gonna be boring and generic.

Quoted:
Your logic is flawed. Fix it now, leave your bias at the doorstep and get back to me.

Helooo~~
Quoted:
Edit: LOL! I watched the intro clip more closely. IT WAS IN EA'S HANDS TO BEGIN WITH! WATCH CLOSELY AT :03! You guys are bloody idiots, seriously.

Erm.. Of course? You're missing big things, lol. Where did it say that the game wasn't in EA's hands from the start?
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2012 2:16pm | Report
Searz wrote:

EA turned a great concept into goo. I'm not really raging, I'm just sad that something that could have been great is now gonna be boring and generic.

Helooo~~

Erm.. Of course? You're missing big things, lol. Where did it say that the game wasn't in EA's hands from the start?

Then I ask again, "How can you say they ruined it if you never saw gameplay from the original"? For all we know, the trailer was all they had from before, and on top of that, EA has been working with them from the get go. What's not to say that this is the direction insomniac gaming wanted to go?

Either or, this looks like a game you probably wouldn't have played to begin with. My assumption of you not playing this game are just as viable as your assumption of "EA ruined this game" based on your 'facts'. So how did EA ruin this game if they were with it from the start, and how do you know this isn't what insomniac wanted? Explanations and facts. I require them. Give them to me and I'll be able to see eye-to-eye with you.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide