Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Pick 5 games, get 80% off - GoG.com

Creator: Searz March 12, 2013 5:01pm
1 2 3
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2013 2:10pm | Report
because everything i need to know about homm4 is available on the internet, i don't have to go out and buy it or waste my time pirating it to know how to play it, or all the differences between 3 and 4.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2013 2:12pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:

Regardless, your reaction to jhoi and Searz unwarranted and unfounded, especially when most of the views you present aren't even your own.

no, my reaction was justified. the thread was about why the game was terrible, and their involvement in the thread was to disagree with me, to which i responded on why they were the ones who were incorect.

my opinions are my own.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2013 2:17pm | Report
how can they be "incorect" if its an opinion and THEY ACTUALLY PLAYED THE GAME which you havnt?

ive watched a lets play of the new Sly 4 game and looked up things about it but i still cant say how good the gameplay is because i havnt played it

but how can their opinions be "incorect" but yours be "corect", its kind of hypocritical to say their opinion is wrong but yours is your own and we should leave it alone
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2013 2:29pm | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

how can they be "incorect" if its an opinion and THEY ACTUALLY PLAYED THE GAME which you havnt?

ive watched a lets play of the new Sly 4 game and looked up things about it but i still cant say how good the gameplay is because i havnt played it

but how can their opinions be "incorect" but yours be "corect", its kind of hypocritical to say their opinion is wrong but yours is your own and we should leave it alone

Because 4chan /v/ said so. Pretty hardcore. :V
IceCreamy wrote:

(1:07): I prefer your balls over ***hol

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2013 2:35pm | Report
caucheka wrote:

also, **** off toshabi.

Heeey now, that's not nice >:[
Quoted:
i have played all but 4. i still have the disc for 3, play it once a month or so.

I got em both recently on GoG cuz I wanted to get rid of my old CDs >:D

I'll be posting a more lengthy explanation of my thoughts on the games soon-ish. I might sleep before I do though.
Toshabi wrote:

Just like your brilliant analysis of Portal 2 you made from the flash version of the game?

Oh you <3
Toshabi wrote:

I call you out because of the overwhelming amount of ignorant nonsense you spew on the topic of gaming (which apparently is suppose to be the topic you're most knowledgeable in). If you're going to tell someone that their opinion on a game that they've played is wrong, I'd expect you to have the courtesy to actually play the game instead of coming off with your rather repugnant views that are clouded with bias and uneducated opinions. Or does the flash version of a game really constitute as feasible grounds to contribute to a valid and reliable source of whether or not another person's opinion (who has played the actual version of said game) on the game in discussion is wrong?

Exactly what I was going to say, minus the flash game part :P
You can't just go around telling people who obviously know more about the topic than you do that they are wrong. The whole notion of it is silly..
"He cooked cake." - MrCuddowls

"Oh forget it, I have nothing to hid, I admit it, 12 hours of every single day of my life ever since I was eleven years old have been anal sex with canoes" - MrCuddowls
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2013 5:43pm | Report
Searz wrote:

You can't just go around telling people who obviously know more about the topic than you do that they are wrong. The whole notion of it is silly..

No, you totally can do that. You'll just look silly. But, really, looking silly doesn't actually stop you from doing anything.

In regards to the OP, Legend of Grimrock is worth picking up. It's an old-school dungeon crawl with updated graphics. The survival elements, such as food and lighting, aren't quite a big enough deal on the easier difficulties, but at least that means you can spend plenty of time working on the puzzles without worrying overmuch about starving. Almost Human also supports user-created custom dungeons, so even after you beat the game there's a decent amount of extra stuff out there to do.

I'm really meh on Divinity II. It's mechanically wonky and not terribly well written. If you're desperate for a halfway-decent-looking RPG, it's playable, but you'd probably be better off getting another game. Specifically, any RPG with better writing. Which is a lot of them.

I've got a friend who really likes Deponia. It's a comical point-and-click adventure and he finds a lot of its humor right up his alley. Unfortunately, I'm lead to believe that if you don't start to understand its humor you can have a lot of trouble with the game, because some of the jokes actually matter for solving some of the puzzles. Also, the main character appears to be an *******.

I've been interested in Puddle for a while, because I really enjoy my puzzle games, and I'd also love to pick up the King's Bounty game and a couple of others, but with how many games in my Steam library I still haven't gotten around to playing I can't justify spending money on more games, no matter how good the deal is. (Doesn't help that I've put even more hours into Dungeons of Dredmor this week.)
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2013 6:46pm | Report
lifebaka wrote:

No, you totally can do that. You'll just look silly. But, really, looking silly doesn't actually stop you from doing anything.

We call those people tools.
IceCreamy wrote:

(1:07): I prefer your balls over ***hol

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2013 2:55am | Report
lifebaka wrote:

Well derp, look at you taking things all literally >.>
"He cooked cake." - MrCuddowls

"Oh forget it, I have nothing to hid, I admit it, 12 hours of every single day of my life ever since I was eleven years old have been anal sex with canoes" - MrCuddowls
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2013 4:43am | Report
Searz wrote:

It's pretty much like any other TBS game. I bet it's the lack of loli that makes it boring for you :D

Fun fact: in one of the group chats i am(we talked bout them!) we all have some sort of "reputation"/"titles"(we call one of em jesus for example) and im known as the lolicon person :P
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2013 2:09am | Report
caucheka wrote:

wait, you said homm4 is better than homm3?

are you ****ing kidding me? homm3 was the pinnacle of the series.

We all know how terribly biased and ridiculous your opinions can be at times. Try actually listening to others and improve your behavior.
Quoted:
3 > 5 > 6 > 2 > 1 > 4

I'd say it is:
4 > 3/5 > 2 > 1

But I haven't played the first 2 games, so I can't make a definite statement on that.

Now, on HoMM3 and 4: (enjoy the read! :D)
I'm sure you haven't noticed, being blinded by the thick mist of nostalgia and all, that HoMM3 has some almost gamebreaking balance issues. Most of which are related to the skill system. There are skills that are absolutely garbage(Eagle Eye) and there are skills and specialties that are gamebreakingly good (Water magic+specialty: Prayer).

There is a hero with +2 to speed(i.e: units move 2 hexagons further in battle) and one with a level-based increase of effect to a spell called Prayer that gives LUDACRIS levels of stats if paired with the correct school of magic.
That brings me to the magic systems. The magic systems upgrade your spells in various ways, lvl1 usually reduces the mana cost, lvl2 usually increases the effect of the spell and level 3 turns a lot of buffs/debuffs into "mass" spells; instead of targeting one stack of creatures it now targets EVERYBODY. And that heavily unbalances the cost effectiveness of spells.
That alone makes magic incredibly powerful and something you'd never really wanna go without. Not to mention the fact that one of the magic schools are clearly more powerful than the other ones, not only because of the sheer number of spells it has, but also because of the diversity of it.

Which brings us to my next problem with the game; the random nature of it. When there are parts of the game that are incredibly imbalanced you're bound to be annoyed when you get bad skills and can only hire ****ty heroes from the tavern. Choice can sometimes alleviate some of the problems with random game systems (see Blood Bowl), but both the tavern and the level up screen only have 2 things to choose from..

Another thing that annoyed me greatly was how ******* FIDDLY it was. The game is ridiculously fiddly and it just gets worse and worse as the game progresses. The fiddliness of it doesn't help the game in any way; it does not make it deeper or more complicated, it just makes it annoying.
Examples of fiddliness are:
Windmills/Water Wheels/Leprechaun Gardens
Creature dwellings outside of towns
The lack of a ******* "purchase all" button

Most of these problems have been addressed in the fourth installment of the series. Some problems have not been solved, but there have been improvements to most of the issues at the very least.

HoMM4 completely revamps the skill system, providing sets of heroes with the same abilities that only differ in looks and back-story, completely removing "specialties". Thus completely removing the random element from the hiring of heroes. You now have to choose a hero from the sets that are available, each set having different skills. The ones you can pick depends on your town/race/faction; Barbarians can't hire magical heroes, but they can hire all the non-magical ones from their tavern for example.
The new skill system consists of primary and secondary skills. There are five levels for each primary and secondary skill. Getting a new primary skill allows you to get secondary skills from that category. There are 3 secondary skills per primary skill.
Each time you level up you now have 3 options to choose from (HoMM3 had 2); 2 "upgrades" and one new skill, which is a 50% increase from the third game. Still, I don't like the random nature of it and would like to have more choice in the matter, either by adding a fourth choice (2 upgrades and 2 new) or by a more thorough re-vamp.
Now, instead of having just one skill to learn literally ALL high-level magic (Wisdom), they're now split and integrated into the school of magic that represents the spells. I.e: to learn level 5 death spells you need to be at level 5 in Death-magic.
The mass spells are now split into separate spells, making the cost effectiveness of spell casting much more balanced. They're usually level 3+ and cost 3 times more mana than the normal spell, requiring you to be proficient in magic before being able to use them.

Windmills/Water Wheels/Leprechaun Gardens are now "player owned"; they send you the resources automatically, you no longer have to go to them with your hero EVERY SINGLE WEEK.
So are creature dwellings. You can now build a caravan building in your town to allow you to ship units from dwellings outside of your town to the town. And creature dwellings no longer get stuck on X creatures per week, they keep filling up until you go buy them or use a caravan to get them.
And of course: they added a ******* "purchase all" button :D

They added the ability to move creatures across the map. They can't capture buildings and stuff, but they can pick up items and resources. Although the main use of this new feature will honestly be the ability to reinforce your main army without having to use a ******* hero to do it (that was so ****ing fiddly).

The usefulness of the new smaller combat grid can be debated, but I don't think it's a bad change design-wise.

I'm just shortly gonna state that one of the things I remember being the most annoying about HoMM5 is the camera. Why couldn't they just have made it like in King's Bounty? =.=
I'm a strong independent black mage who don't need no mana.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide