Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

Creator: caucheka April 26, 2012 4:50am
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2012 9:36am | Report
I intentionally did mention only some of them.
Ofc I know of some more, but I named those guys in particular that more ppl should know about instead of only the "PS circle for great game tips".

Maybe it's a common problem for stuff outside of Nintendo, since they were not only the first but also the only ones who aimed at a larger/family audience.

Who doesn't know about Mario/Luigi, Kirby, Pokemon, Zelda(link)?
Even while figures like Sly Cooper were a big hit on THEIR console, who are they outside of their own game? Heck, there was a way bigger fuss about Conker than him.

Like I said, PS Battle Royale can become a good game for all PS lovers out there who experienced it since PS1 (and don't own a Nintendo, too)
But it is still a mimicry of SSB and not even close to it's league.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2012 3:19pm | Report
its not close to its league because sony doesn't have recognizable characters?

the only reason everyone knows who mario, etc is because they had 200+ games that they have been in.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2012 4:51pm | Report
caucheka wrote:

its not close to its league because sony doesn't have recognizable characters?

the only reason everyone knows who mario, etc is because they had 200+ games that they have been in.

Actually, it's because Nintendo made Mario its /defined mascot/ for its company for well over 20 years. Sony had the opportunity to have some model characters represent its company (Crash, Spyro, Rayman, ect.), however, Sony has failed to really keep a hold of most of its characters to be known by. That's what makes Nintendo so much different then Sony; Nintendo has kept a hold on most of its characters and made them well known through their game series while Sony juggles through different titles, letting go of old series/characters to take on new characters and series. That's why Sony made the claim that they might have third-party characters in it since Sony doesn't have quite the exclusive character roster as Nintendo has.

I love sony and all, but I still haven't forgiven them for letting go of Crash Bandicoot and Spyro.
jhoijhoi wrote:

Also, I think the levels of immorality in this thread are astounding. You'd really throw a child off a boat for your own luggage? Wow.

Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2012 5:15pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:

Actually, it's because Nintendo made Mario its /defined mascot/ for its company for well over 20 years. Sony had the opportunity to have some model characters represent its company (Crash, Spyro, Rayman, ect.), however, Sony has failed to really keep a hold of most of its characters to be known by. That's what makes Nintendo so much different then Sony; Nintendo has kept a hold on most of its characters and made them well known through their game series while Sony juggles through different titles, letting go of old series/characters to take on new characters and series. That's why Sony made the claim that they might have third-party characters in it since Sony doesn't have quite the exclusive character roster as Nintendo has.

I love sony and all, but I still haven't forgiven them for letting go of Crash Bandicoot and Spyro.

Who owns Rayman now?
For some reason, I think it's ubisoft or something.

Rayman was amazing BTW.
True love is found only in yourself.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2012 5:26pm | Report
There was some Rayman (2: the great escape, if I remember correctly) game on N64, but I dunno if that is relevant.
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2012 6:07pm | Report
I'll play the demo and then it'll be some cruddy game where all the people with no skill play that isn't competitive at all ;-;

Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2012 6:57pm | Report
sony smash bros ftl :/
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2012 8:59pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:

but sony didn't own crash or spyro in the first place. they were owned by universal.

while crash was developed to be the mascot of the playstation, universals decision to let konami make a game boy advanced crash game pretty much severed his ties to sony exclusivity.

on the other hand, spyro was sold because the makers thought that he was too limited a character, not having hands for example.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2012 10:10pm | Report
caucheka wrote:

but sony didn't own crash or spyro in the first place. they were owned by universal.

while crash was developed to be the mascot of the playstation, universals decision to let konami make a game boy advanced crash game pretty much severed his ties to sony exclusivity.

on the other hand, spyro was sold because the makers thought that he was too limited a character, not having hands for example.

It doesn't surprise me that game makers are that closed minded when it comes to great characters. Either or, I like what's going on with skylanders anyways, though, I do miss the traditional spyro gameplay (only the first 3)
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2012 10:50pm | Report
yeah. spyros not likely to be in battle royale because of skylanders. although crash is most likely available.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide