Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Pokemon X and Y

Creator: DillButt64 January 8, 2013 2:28pm
205 posts - page 2 of 21
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 4:49pm | Report
FireLord wrote:

how is pokemon not for kids? it's clearly aimed at kids and made for kids. do you know why the pokemon don't die and it has no blood? because it's for kids.

lol.

If it were truly made for kids, strategy wouldn't be a part of it.

And don't you ****ing say there's no strategy involved.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
FireLord
<Member>
FireLord's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 4:55pm | Report
tehAsian wrote:
lol.

what? what are you trying to say? are you saying that kids can't play strategy games or that every strategy game is directed at adults?
either way it's not true.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ rєmєmвєr tσ +rєp mє íf í dєsєrvє ít! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★ тнαикѕ тσ тнє_иαмєℓєѕѕ_вαя∂ fσя тнιѕ αмαzιиg ѕιgиαтυяє! ★ ★ ★
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 4:59pm | Report
FireLord wrote:

how is pokemon not for kids? it's clearly aimed at kids and made for kids. do you know why the pokemon don't die and it has no blood? because it's for kids.

lol.

Did you know that the Manga isn't aimed for kids? It has blood. Pokemon do die. Lots of **** happens. Etc.

The games are a separate franchise entirely, and while some aspects of the game appeal to kids more then adults, the games are far from meant for kids. Pokemon is arguably the most strategic game in the world, and is certainly the most strategic handheld game. And while kids can certainly play strategic games, they can't play them to the level that adults can.

The Anime is certainly aimed at kids, but that's because that's what they make money doing, and the original writer doesn't work on the current anime.

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 5:01pm | Report
tehAsian wrote:

lol.

A dumb response to a dumb comment; you're not making it better..
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
FireLord
<Member>
FireLord's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 5:05pm | Report
i never read the manga. but the anime and the games are definitely aimed at kids. like MLP, it's definitely aimed at kids as well but some grown-ups watch it.

Nighthawk wrote:
Pokemon is arguably the most strategic game in the world.

are you serious? wtf lol

sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 5:11pm | Report
FireLord wrote:

what? what are you trying to say? are you saying that kids can't play strategy games or that every strategy game is directed at adults?
either way it's not true.

Clearly someone has never experienced a link battle before.

Kids can play them, but can't beat anything past the game unless they have some ounce of intellectual capacity.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 5:15pm | Report
I'm saying strategy games are directed towards people with a brain, and kids don't usually have the patience to think or thoroughly develop competitive strategies to win online competitions.

And apparently the only reason you think Pokemon is Kids Only is because it has no blood and pokemon don't die.

Pokemon don't die because it sucks to see a level 100 magikarp suddenly disappear after you took a million years to get it there, and it has no blood for marketing reasons.

Either give better reasons or get out.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
FireLord
<Member>
FireLord's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 5:25pm | Report
tehAsian wrote:

I'm saying strategy games are directed towards people with a brain, and kids don't usually have the patience to think or thoroughly develop competitive strategies to win online competitions.
what? there are plenty of strategy games for normal people, regardless of the age. and there are **** tons of kids playing pokemon, so they're clearly capable of playing it. hell, i plaid it when i was 6, probably one of the first games i ever played.

tehAsian wrote:
And apparently the only reason you think Pokemon is Kids Only is because it has no blood and pokemon don't die.
i never said it's kids only, i said it's aimed for kids. obviosly anyone can play it, even if you're 100.

tehAsian wrote:
Pokemon don't die because it sucks to see a level 100 magikarp suddenly disappear after you took a million years to get it there, and it has no blood for marketing reasons.

oh, marketing reasons? why? what marketing reason would make them not show blood? hmm.. let me think.. oh wait, their AIMING IT AT KIDS so they don't put blood!
lol you proved yourself wrong xD

FireLord
<Member>
FireLord's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 5:27pm | Report
sirell wrote:
Clearly someone has never experienced a link battle before.

Kids can play them, but can't beat anything past the game unless they have some ounce of intellectual capacity.

dude, there are plenty of things aimed at kids but if an adult can't do it better then he's a ******. ever played the game simon? one where there are 4 colours and you need to memorise the orders? well, guess what it's aimed for? KIDS. want to guess who plays it better? adults or kids?

also, you said it yourself. the whole game is designed to be played by kids. "but can't beat anything past the game".

lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 5:35pm | Report
Guys, I think you're all missing the point. Why should we give a **** who the main intended audience for the Pokemon franchise is? If you enjoy it, you enjoy it, and people who don't can go **** themselves for all you care. The entirety of the position that the game being "made for kids" even means anything is ********.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide