Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Pokemon X and Y

Creator: DillButt64 January 8, 2013 2:28pm
205 posts - page 8 of 21
FireLord
<Member>
FireLord's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 7:30am | Report
people hate me because i'm right?
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ rєmєmвєr tσ +rєp mє íf í dєsєrvє ít! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★ тнαикѕ тσ тнє_иαмєℓєѕѕ_вαя∂ fσя тнιѕ αмαzιиg ѕιgиαтυяє! ★ ★ ★
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 7:30am | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

FireLord, please, stop trying to make people hate you.

What does it help you anyway?
What do you gain by starting an argument all the time? :S

Not everyone is like you bananaboy. Not everyone has this obsession of being liked by everybody; some actually don't care about what others think.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 7:36am | Report
FireLord wrote:
looooool
my advice is: stick to philosophy, don't ever try anythign related to sciences or economics.

I can tell immediately from this that you have no idea what philosophy is. Stick to eating your own words. It suits you better.
FireLord
<Member>
FireLord's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 7:39am | Report
it's not about what others think, it's about the truth. i posted the graphics right there, the games target demographic is younger people no matter what you choose to believe. the only one that doesn't show this is the black and white, but that's because, like it says in the article, it's only from the first week of sales.

sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 7:43am | Report
Again and again, you fail to grasp the point.

It is not restricted solely for children. I don't know how much more simply I can put that.
FireLord
<Member>
FireLord's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 7:47am | Report
sirell wrote:
It is not restricted solely for children. I don't know how much more simply I can put that.

please show me where i said that. i never said such thing, you just don't know how to read properly. the game is made for children, it is not restricted solely for children. just like the simon game is made for children, but if an adult can play it as well. there is even food for babies, but you can eat it if you like, the people form the store wont stop you from buying it for yourself.

sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 7:50am | Report
Then since you agree that the game isn't restricted solely to kids, which means it isn't just for kids, then wtf are you *****ing about?
FireLord
<Member>
FireLord's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 7:52am | Report
sirell wrote:
Then since you agree that the game isn't restricted solely to kids, which means it isn't just for kids, then wtf are you *****ing about?

my only statement is that it's made for kids. i never made any other statement. its your failed interpretation that generated this argument. please show me where i said that the game is restricted to kids, i never said it, i gave numerous examples of other games that are made for a target audience but has people outside that demographic playing it. you're the one whos saying i'm wrong.

Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 7:58am | Report
Searz wrote:

You're seriously playing competitive Pokemon?...
The game is pretty much **** in a competitive environment. The level of randomness inherent in the game from the overall mechanics and the imbalance of the actual Pokemon makes it a very cheap experience.
It's obvious that the game was never intended to be played on a competitive level.

Not even close to the truth. In competitive Pokemon there is an extreme limit on the randomness that's even possible. There are many different clauses that prevent randomness or tone it down so it's not a problem.

Sleep clause allows only 1 Pokemon to be asleep at a time, Freeze clause allows only 1 Pokemon to become frozen at a time, etc etc. Moves and abilities like Double Team are banned. Not to mention status isn't that great anyways, and can be EASILY countered. You put in a sleeptalker against sleep, you can have aromatherapy or heal bell, there are numerous abilities that prevent status speading, there's using subs to block it, etc etc. K.O. Moves are banned, etc.

Also there are like zero imba pokemon in each tier (which I'm not sure if you really realize that there are tiers, you simply won't find an arceus versus a charizard), each pokemon has counters (generally a lot of them) and 90% of the time in Pokemon it's not even about who has the best 'pokemon' it's about who has the most skill in order to counter your opponents pokemon as well as who has the best prediction and who has the best synergy, plus what style of play they're using (eg offense doesn't generally do well against stall). Yes there are Pokemon that are stronger then others, but there are very very few pokemon that are truly unviable, in fact it does probably one of the best jobs of balancing ever, with over 600 pokemon to choose from you would think more then like, 20 of them would be completely unviable.

oh and before you give me **** for saying it's the most strategic game in the world, I meant most strategic 'handheld' game in the world. :P

GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 8:01am | Report
The competitive version of Pokemon is the card game.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide