Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Pokemon X and Y

Creator: DillButt64 January 8, 2013 2:28pm
205 posts - page 7 of 21
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 5:53am | Report
Bro, firelord, what does it matter.

Let people enjoy their game :P
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 6:02am | Report
in the future, it won't be 3D, it'll just be real life pokemon battles where we walk in bushes, say hi, etc.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 6:30am | Report
FireLord wrote:

if you say a game made for children also for adultes because of one feature then the contrary must apply as well. a game made for adults is also made for children as long as there is one feature children can play.
gta vice city, 18+ pegi rating, kids can drive around in an ambulance, therefore according to your logic it's made for children as well. no, just no.

That would be true, were age restrictions to work that way. But it doesn't. The older you are, the less restrictions there are on games. This is usually because of more mature content as opposed to without. GTA contains gore, adult themes and extreme violence, which is the reason it's prohibited.

You're getting the inclusives and exclusives confused.

Gamewise, adults are allowed to do everything kids can do, but not vice-versa. In Pokemon, there are no restriction on children playing the game, via link or just story. If a child is good enough to win tournies, then it doesn't matter if he's a child. It is not a separation of 'this is adult part of the game' and 'this is child's part of the game'. It just so happens that to excel in one requires more than a child's intellect and hence, more suitable for adults than it is children.

Whilst in GTA, gore and violence is in the free-roam. Since these mature themes are inescapable, then that's the reason for the age restriction. It's not a simple matter of game mechanics, but game content also.

But you keep missing the ****ing point.

It's that the target audience of Pokemon is not restricted to children alone. Why the bloody heck are you so hell-bent on not seeing this?

The Rating is 3+, not ~3 only. It means it is suitable for kids AND ABOVE.

It's like saying Mario is a kid's game, when it is intended for families or gatherings of friends. It even has its own tournament levels.

But seriously, either you are too stubborn to admit you are wrong as hell, too prejudiced that no matter what anyone tells you, you belittle Pokemon as a game for kids, or your logic is genuinely so bad that it's non-existent.

It's like when people say that you should grow up and stop playing video games and live the real world instead of fantasy, yet here you are playing LoL and then criticising Pokemon as a game intended for children.

And did you know that Curse Gaming has an affiliate with a Pokemon site? So these pro gamers who are playing LoL, a supposedly more mature game in your opinion, also play Pokemon seriously.

Searz wrote:
Why are you taking this discussion with me? This has nothing to do with our discussion >.>

It was to return to the original point of Pokemon not being restricted to kids. It doesn't do well to deviate on simple minor points we mostly agree on.
FireLord
<Member>
FireLord's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 6:39am | Report
again, i'm not saying adults can't play it. i'm saying it's made for kids, regardless of who can play it. just like the game "simon" is made for kids but any adult will play it better than a kid

your so dedicated to oppose me that you dont realise how stupid what your saying is. the target demographic are kids irregardless of what you think. you are not a developer, you do not have the power to change what the target demographic is.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ rєmєmвєr tσ +rєp mє íf í dєsєrvє ít! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★ тнαикѕ тσ тнє_иαмєℓєѕѕ_вαя∂ fσя тнιѕ αмαzιиg ѕιgиαтυяє! ★ ★ ★
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 6:56am | Report
FireLord wrote:
your so dedicated to oppose me that you dont realise how stupid what your saying is. the target demographic are kids irregardless of what you think. you are not a developer, you do not have the power to change what the target demographic is.

No, I'm not a developer.

I can't change the target demographic.

But neither can you.

Do you know who the main demographics for Pokemon Black and White are? It was the age group 18-24. Then 35-44. And then >18.

Sorry, but the target demographics appear to be young adults regardless of what you think.
FireLord
<Member>
FireLord's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 6:57am | Report
no, the main demographics for Pokemon are ages 6-12.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/event/conference2010/presentation/textE/index.html

sirell wrote:
Do you know who the main demographics for Pokemon Black and White are? It was the age group 18-24. Then 35-44. And then >18.

show us your evidence or forever shut up. even in black and white, which is most distrubeted to a old audience, it is still primarily 18- and not 18-24 like you said.

sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 7:12am | Report
Please read my post before you decide to post the results to Plat and Pearl. I said Black and White.

Please read the ****ing article before you make **** up.

Quoted:
These are the radar charts of the Club Nintendo registrants of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl that were launched four years ago in September 2006 and show the registrants’ age demographics by gender.

As you can see, these software titles were very much appreciated by elementary school pupils or the younger generation. Beyond these age demographics, the registrants show a sudden decrease. This is why a number of people used to have the fixed notion that Pokémon was a game which was mainly enjoyed by elementary school children.

On the contrary, Pokémon players have been showing demographical expansion.

You can now see the same age demographics by gender for Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver that were launched in September last year.

I mentioned this before at our Management Briefing in October last year, but 10 years after the launch of Pokémon Gold and Silver for Game Boy Color, both males and females in high school and a number of people in the 19 to 24 years old age bracket, who were believed to have graduated from Pokémon, have once again started enjoying Pokémon in addition to the current elementary-school children.

The highest number of age range is 19-24.

QED.

Now, forever shut up.
For utter hilarity, click >>here<<!

FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 7:15am | Report
Coitus interruptus. Poor Firelord.
FireLord
<Member>
FireLord's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 7:22am | Report
looooool
so your saying that because the oldest people playing a game are 19-24 then game is made for them? i played gta vice city when i was 10 or so, so that means gta vice city is for 10 year olds? LOOOOL
you'll find kids playing games for adults and adults playing games for kids, that does not change the target demographic.

no, i explained several times but you cannot undestand what a target demographic is. i even showed you proof that the target demographic is a younger audience, but you think that if there a 1 year old and a 100 year old playing the game then the target audience is 1-100. lol. no. it's still 6-12 even if there's a vampire with 500 years old playing it.

my advice is: stick to philosophy, don't ever try anythign related to sciences or economics.

Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 7:25am | Report
FireLord, please, stop trying to make people hate you.

What does it help you anyway?
What do you gain by starting an argument all the time? :S
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide