Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Police Violence

Creator: TROLLing1999 November 18, 2014 12:58pm
95 posts - page 5 of 10
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
TROLLing1999
<Member>
TROLLing1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 5, 2014 9:54am | Report
3rd Afroamerican murdered by a cop today. The U.S.A. police is working really really well(sarcasm)...and Obama is just lighting up the White House Christmas tree with a huge smile on his face...
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 5, 2014 11:14am | Report
Are you even from the US? Like, I mean seriously.
TROLLing1999
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 5, 2014 11:20am | Report
No, but do I have to be ftom the U.S. to notice that something is not going well? Or are people outside the states not allowed to criticize/make statements about it?
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 5, 2014 11:40am | Report
You just seem to be making ignorant and blatantly unfair blanket statements is all. On about the US police as a whole like they're all racist morons. This is kind of what some other people have already gotten on about in this thread, pretty sure.
TROLLing1999
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 5, 2014 11:56am | Report
I really did not say this this time. What I said is thst there seem to be some serious moulfunctions. A coincidence happening multiple times, is no longer a coincidence.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 5, 2014 12:09pm | Report
I never said it was a coincidence, I simply said you were making a blanket statement that was unfair as well as ignorant. That being said, where I live (in the US) the very same thing is much less common.
TROLLing1999
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 5, 2014 12:22pm | Report
I do not see why it is unfair to say the police in US is partially not operating properly. 3 people lost their lives(I do not know how much race matters in the end, but for the ones holding the gun it probably did matter a lot). And it is not just those 3 cops being responsible, they should not have veen cops in the first place, as they proved to be unsuitable for that job.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 5, 2014 12:45pm | Report
It's unfair because you're implying something about the whole of a rather large group based on the behavior of a comparatively small percentage of people. Yes, the US police system is far from perfect, but from what I can tell this most recent death was not what people seem to think it was. The witness testimonies in relation to Michael Brown being shot, for example, are EXTREMELY varied, you might wanna do some actual research before you start making assumptions about it. For example, some witnesses claim he was shot from behind, while running away, yet the autopsy actually shows none of the shots hit him from behind. I'm not saying racial profiling probably wasn't involved, but you really should make sure you actually understand what happened and why the officer involved wasn't indicted.

Making blanket statements like that is ignorant and unfair, like it or don't.
TROLLing1999
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 5, 2014 1:02pm | Report
If anything the cop who shot Michael Brown should at least have gone for a trial, I do not think anybody disagrees with this. Also it is very intiriguing how 2 out of 3 cops got away with it.

Also I insist on not having generalized this time, especially since I intentionally included words such as "partially" exactly for that purpose. Maybe I just failed.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 5, 2014 1:10pm | Report
It's no better that people aren't indicted for raping another person because of a lack of evidence, but it happens. The legal system is what you actually have a problem with, so just say that.

If the physical evidence corroborates the officer's story better than it does a good portion the eyewitness accounts used as evidence, you can't really say it's fair to just throw him in jail either. The burden of proof is not on the officer, it's on the accuser.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide