Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Police Violence

Creator: TROLLing1999 November 18, 2014 12:58pm
95 posts - page 2 of 10
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2014 4:31am | Report
Goes back to the question why most people are intimidated/scared when they are in presence of police officers, instead of feelign save and assured.

But I for my part only met super nice officers in my life here in germany (the office people who are responsible for stuff like getting a new passport etc are way worse).
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2014 4:35am | Report
xIchi wrote:
Goes back to the question why most people are intimidated/scared when they are in presence of police officers, instead of feelign save and assured.

But I for my part only met super nice officers in my life here in germany (the office people who are responsible for stuff like getting a new passport etc are way worse).

Same here. I feel like the public transport ticket inspectors try to assert more authority than our police. Granted, I feel that the ticket inspectors really have a false sense of authority more than anything...
Imma 'bout to end this man's whole career
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
ri]
Imma 'bout to end this man's whole career
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
TROLLing1999
<Member>
TROLLing1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2014 6:25am | Report
Searz wrote:

But the cops that are doing their job get far less publicity.. It's these kinds of events that end up on the news and in the media.
The bottom line is: don't generalize, at least not to that degree.

I think you did not grasp my point. "**** the police" does not have to refer to individuals(in which case you're absolutely right about generalizing). On the contrary, It can alao adress to the police as an entity for the general incapability to enforce the law and of course for incidents like those in the videos. I never denied the existance of good policemen.

@Ichi: Whether the police officers are being trusted or not, depends much more on the police themselves rather than the citizens. In the end it all comes down to the actual source of the problem, which is no other than the police being disfunctional as a whole.
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2014 8:45am | Report
Yeah ticket inspectors are pretty extreme and arbitrary
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2014 11:04am | Report
I think you did not grasp my point. "**** the police" does not have to refer to individuals(in which case you're absolutely right about generalizing).

I think you're using questionable logic in any case.
Fact 1: not all police are bad.
Fact 2: "**** the police!" is an insult to the police as a whole.

Do you honestly consider it fair to state things like "**** the police!" to good police?
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
TROLLing1999
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2014 11:32am | Report
Searz wrote:

I think you're using questionable logic in any case.
Fact 1: not all police are bad.
Fact 2: "**** the police!" is an insult to the police as a whole.

Do you honestly consider it fair to state things like "**** the police!" to good police?

I never said it's fair to say "**** the police" and address to a good police officer and it's not fair either if you refer to the whole police if they are actually doing their job or just a random officer in the street without proper justification/excuse.

But in the situations described above, the police themselves give the citizens the right to yell at them with their inadmissible behaviour/their disability to do their job properly.

In the end, it's self-explanatory that you're not reffering to the good police(whether it be a minority or not).

On a side note, the government announced that the kiosk owner(video in the OP) should have been arrested. Such propaganda going on...
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2014 11:51am | Report
But in the situations described above, the police themselves give the citizens the right to yell at them with their inadmissible behaviour/their disability to do their job properly.

Well, that's kind of the thing. We don't know if those other cops are as bad as the ******* who called them there. The ******* was the one calling the shots there. I mean, they're probably gonna trust and support a police officer that they know/work with rather than random people on the street, even if the officer is wrong.
Quoted:
In the end, it's self-explanatory that you're not reffering to the good police(whether it be a minority or not).

No, it is not.
That is simply you injecting your own meaning into the phrase.
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F Roberts
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2014 2:49pm | Report
Wait, let me dig up that video where train passengers were beaten up by ticket inspectors for not giving up their seat :^)

How many times did we have a thread about this before?
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
TROLLing1999
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2014 5:29am | Report
@Searz: I won't bother anymore, we're clearly on different sides and trying to persuade you in such a matter is equally hard to attempting to change your political identity. Yet, I have to say that I feel you have too much respect for authority...or else I just disrespect them too much.

Wait, let me dig up that video where train passengers were beaten up by ticket inspectors for not giving up their seat :^)

How many times did we have a thread about this before?

Idk, I don't remember any in my 1 year stay...but it's highly probable there have been some.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2014 6:22am | Report
@Searz: I won't bother anymore, we're clearly on different sides and trying to persuade you in such a matter is equally hard to attempting to change your political identity. Yet, I have to say that I feel you have too much respect for authority...or else I just disrespect them too much.

Me? Too much respect for authority? HAH.
I'm probably at the other end of the spectrum, among those who frequently rebel.
That doesn't mean that I'm gonna condemn several people for the actions of a single person, which seems to be your modus operandi.
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide