Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Saddest political moment of the year: Bernie...

Creator: MrCuddowls July 26, 2016 3:36am
1 2 3
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2016 3:36am | Report
A man behind whom a massive movement arose comprising over 40% of the Democratic vote decided to betray all that work, all the people that stood by him, to stand behind a party that betrayed him.

I didn't even support Sanders, but man oh man did I lose hope when I saw this happen. The Sanders folks were good people, and to have it all go down the drain like this is an unimaginable loss.

Of course to Bernie it is completely fine, he was offered a jet (and a death threat) by Crooked Hillary. Trump offered him nothing. Naturally he would go with Hillary. But Trump never wronged him either. He only showed him sympathy when he was faced with the rigged system. Hillary on the other hand is hated almost unilaterally across all his supporters, many of whom were seen crying at the DNC, agonized at the disgusting sight of a good man selling his soul to the devil.
It is better to have died a martyr. History has proven that.
But to Bernie, life was more precious than that beautiful ideal he struggled so hard for.

Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2016 3:53am | Report
Pretty sure most of his voters will side with Trump though. That'd be the reason why Trump is leading the polls atm.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2016 4:10am | Report
holy **** this year's elections are so ****ed lol
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2016 7:57am | Report

U.S.A.'s president in 4 years.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2016 9:59pm | Report
While clinton and sanders disagree with a lot of things, there's a snowball's chance in hell that sanders would pick trump over hillary if he was forced to do so. Sanders' views are still much more closely aligned with hillary's than trump's.

With all this said, I think that sanders had the chance to totally **** over hillary at the democratic convention and effectively guarantee trump's victory during the general election. Also, if hillary ends up winning the election, i think that it'll be because of these people:

carrying this:

If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2016 6:58am | Report
From what I've been reading, he didn't really have much of a choice. One of his goals was to not let Trump reach presidency and if helping Hillary will achieve that, then be it, despite all the controversy surrounding her.

Several people are apparently sad because Bernie didn't run as a 3rd party, but it is totally understandable, since it would most likely split votes and ensure a Trump win.

Nevertheless, I can't help but feel like several Bernie supporters will vote for Trump. We'll have to wait to find out...
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2016 7:57am | Report
I'm just really disappointed in the people who think voting for Trump will continue the movement Bernie started. *eyeroll*

The majority of people who are refusing to vote because Bernie didn't get the nomination or willing to vote for Trump seem to generally have privilege that allows them to ignore the effect electing Trump could have on a lot of people.

Making gay marriage illegal again may not have a direct effect on them.
Repealing Roe v. Wade may not have a direct effect on them.
These are just a few examples of the many things Trump says he will do.

I can only hope to god these people realize it will likely affect people they know, maybe even people they are close to, and think about more than just themselves when they cast (or don't cast) their votes.
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2016 8:06am | Report
I think I mentioned this on here before, but the next president will decide on at lest one supreme court judge, which will potentially shape american politics for far longer than any president could. That means that you want to get hillary into the white house if you are leaning anywhere other than far-right.

I really don't like hillary and I won't say anything positive about her, but If I were american I would still vote for her or green because I'd rather have her than trump.
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2016 8:42am | Report
The Green Party won't likely be on the ballots in all 50 states, let alone have an actual chance of stopping Trump from getting elected. Personally, I also find it really hard to vote for a doctor who is actually anti-vaccination or, at the barest minimum, willing to pander to anti-vaccination morons. Not really a fan of preventable diseases killing people relying on herd immunity because people want to believe autism is caused by vaccines.

The ONLY third party candidate with any chance of actually becoming president is Gary Johnson and that's only if he can pull enough support to actually get into the debates. I don't agree with a lot of his platform either, so **** me :')
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2016 8:52am | Report
I think I mentioned this on here before, but the next president will decide on at lest one supreme court judge, which will potentially shape american politics for far longer than any president could. That means that you want to get hillary into the white house if you are leaning anywhere other than far-right.

I really don't like hillary and I won't say anything positive about her, but If I were american I would still vote for her or green because I'd rather have her than trump.

Aside from that, I really don't understand the idea of supreme court judges in general. Like, politicians elect people that are supposed to say whether laws they propose are lawful (do I understand this correctly?) but instead they just end up being puppets of politicians.

I may've misunderstood this, so do correct me if I'm wrong.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide