Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Searz's review thread

Creator: Searz July 19, 2015 4:41pm
45 posts - page 2 of 5
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2015 7:51pm | Report
Totally forgot to add my "Kappa" lol
Like, I just don't like horror movies 'cause I'm a giant wuss, and I forgot that people aren't allowed to have an opinion about what they enjoy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
True love is found only in yourself.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2015 8:18pm | Report
I'm looking for reviews and all I'm see are remarks about the movies.

0/10 toshabi can do it better.
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2015 8:23pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:
I'm looking for reviews and all I'm see are remarks about the movies.

0/10 toshabi can do it better.

Are we entering the era of off topic review threads because I was even thinking about setting one up for my Steam collection, I have way to many games to know what to play next, and I thought that would be a decent way to try some of them out. :P
Sig by Emikadon
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2015 9:39pm | Report
Evil Dead 2013 says, "hello."

... and that would not be one of the good ones..
Gross-out shock focused horror is oftentimes horribly shallow.
"You can't have your privacy violated if you don't know your privacy is violated." - Mike Rogers, U.S. Representative for Michigan's 8th congressional district, 2013
I.e: Mike Rogers doesn't think it's rape unless the victim knows (s)he has been raped. Sounds legit.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2015 9:41pm | Report
yea...I was gonna say...any movie that needs to show a tree raping someone (a scene from the original Evil Dead that was also in the remake in a slightly less cheesy manner) to be "scary" is pretty ridiculous.
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
BigBoxGamer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2015 2:14am | Report
Searz wrote:

... and that would not be one of the good ones..
Gross-out shock focused horror is oftentimes horribly shallow.

That's what horror is, I know most people prefer the "thriller horror" and those kinds are very good and more story driven than visual. My idea of good horror though would be a mix of the two. Silent Hills/P.T/Allison Road/Outlast fit what I would describe what I think the perfect mix of the two is. But, ED 2013 was my favorite movie of 2013 and I personally prefer it to any of the originals. Especially Army of the Dead. Too cheesy for my taste.
Short Term Goals: Silver/Gold/Platinum || Long Term Goals: Diamond/Master/Challenger
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2015 5:33am | Report
You do realize that Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness were mostly intended to be comedy, right?

Also, Evil Dead the Musical (there are several full-length videos of it on youtube) is hilarious.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2015 7:03am | Report
Alright, what do you think of The Big Lebowskie, Searz? Cult classic that everyone loves these days, but it got terrible reviews when it premiered. The fact that it spawned a religion of sorts is kinda cool.
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
BigBoxGamer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2015 2:00pm | Report
You do realize that Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness were mostly intended to be comedy, right?

Also, Evil Dead the Musical (there are several full-length videos of it on youtube) is hilarious.

I do realize this.
Short Term Goals: Silver/Gold/Platinum || Long Term Goals: Diamond/Master/Challenger
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2015 3:05pm | Report
If I had to name a decent enough horror movie I'd go for Saw (the first one, the sequels kinda lost the original touch). With that low of a budget, making a film like that was amazing.

Anyway, what do you think about Requiem For A Dream? I watched the movie yesterday and I am certainly not going to watch it again... not because it was bad, but because it was kind of intense...

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide