Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

So tell me....

Creator: Toshabi January 16, 2012 11:22pm
76 posts - page 6 of 8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 18, 2012 4:23pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

Wuuuuuuut...

You can't not have fanservice without being drawn like that...

Ready to be reviewed?
Rys Aberdeen
<Member>
Rys Aberdeen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 18, 2012 5:18pm | Report
Nah@Mowen. The characters arent heavily sexualized? Haruhi is a strong independent woman goddamit. I LOVE HER.
Anyway what I was going to say is that there are only these ****ty female characters in anime for men. I mean like in Full Metal Alchemist or any other children's anime show they dont exist. But if you want fully grown men to watch cartoons you better make it worth their while....
Clicking +rep has a 20% chance to give you 6-pack abs. Karma baby.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 18, 2012 5:25pm | Report
@ Rys - Strong independent woman has nothing to do with sexualization. The fact that she dresses up in bunny suits and uses her good looks to get what she wants is pretty sexualized. Also their's Mikuru, who is pretty sexualized as well, and the dynamic between Haruhi and Mikuru = loads of fanservice.

@ Nighthawk - I don't think you know who Hawkeye is based on your comments. Also I wouldn't say any of the girls in FMA would constitute as "main characters."
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
ClearDays
<Member>
ClearDays's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 18, 2012 5:36pm | Report
Hawkeye was ****ty? What?

Really, only Lust was drawn to be sexualized. And she died in the first 20 episodes of FMAB.

FMA she lived for pretty much the entire story, I believe.

Much love to The Nameless Bard for this sexy picture<3
Rys Aberdeen
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 18, 2012 5:41pm | Report
@Mowen Yea but she never enjoy's it and half the time its in Tamaki's daydreams. Idk they seem to constantly remind the audience that the actual girl herself isnt like that.

IDK when you say sexualized do you mean they encourage the audience to see her as a sex symbol, or the audience does so regardless
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 18, 2012 5:46pm | Report
Probably need Toshabi to clarify himself, but I'm pretty sure he meant characters that aren't (often) portrayed in a sexual / fanservice manner. I think you'd have to look pretty hard to find an anime girl never portrayed in that manner.

Also wanted to suggest Lucky Star. ^.^
Rys Aberdeen
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 18, 2012 5:51pm | Report
Yea :P I'd say you'd be hard pressed to find ANY attractive famous woman who hasn't been fantasized about.
Valkenhyn
<Member>
Valkenhyn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 18, 2012 6:06pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

Also wanted to suggest Lucky Star. ^.^

Man, stealin my suggestions

Also I'd like to throw the girls from Bebop in there. I mean Ed is Ed and there's nothing sexualized about her but before you start hitting me, a word on Faye. Although she is curvy and that number, i wouldn't say she's sexualized as much as it is part of her character to be attractive to the actual people in the anime, not to us, the viewer. Moreover, her character is not actually centered around that, it's not centered around much of anything; it's complex like any kind of main character should be.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 18, 2012 6:15pm | Report
Fan service shots. Basically, the girls put themselves in an OBVIOUSLY UNNEEDED SEXUAL POSITION that has seriously no ties to the main story whatsoever or character development at all.

Basically, here are a few scenarios that I've see that occur in most animes;

- Girls are scantily clad.
- Girls have BIG *** TITTIES.
- Girls will wear a bikini no matter the situation. Yes, I'm looking at YOU Yoko from Gurren Lagann.
- Girls constantly gets put in many fan service situations, such as in the position of getting sexed or implying that actions of a sexual nature will be performed.
- Moe (See Haruhi for the abuse of this one)
- Girls act so innocent to the point where they walk straight into an obvious sexual situation.
- FAN SERVICE SHOTS OMG. (Every other snap shot of this character is focused on their *** or breasts)

There are way more, that's just all that I can think of in the 15 seconds I have to post this response.

@ cowboy bebop: Ed is a side character and Faye lol, sure. Either or, Spike and Jet are the main characters. :V
Lealush
<Member>
Lealush's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 18, 2012 6:35pm | Report
Hmm Kallen for codege*** like barely anymuch to perverted erueka seven with who else can u guess in it BlackRock shooter has like nothing but 1 person wearing what a bikini big deal there UHh Pandora hearts with the main chick never watched the anime sooo dont know name there srrys Haruhi Suzumiya well u should know where thats from and uhhh my last1 from the top of my head would be with Burst Angel Jo and uhhh if turn all those down then well I tryed.
Thks for awsome sig koksei check out his Shop
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide