Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

So tell me....

Creator: Toshabi January 16, 2012 11:22pm
76 posts - page 1 of 8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 16, 2012 11:22pm | Report
Is there an anime out there that stars a female character who isn't a complete and total ****?

I was with a group of my friends today when we were watching some ****ty anime on the funimation channel (God knows that the hang out went down hill when we actually had to watch anime for a medium of entertainment. Also, for those wondering, we were watching Chaos; Head, a really ****ty anime imo) when the thought occurred that there are hardly any animes out there were the girls aren't total ****s, let alone where they actually have the 'star role' of an anime. We gave it a good long hard brain storm, and yet all we can even come up with were the insurance girls in Trigun, but they really don't count.

So uh yeah, people who know something about anime, do you know of any /main/ female characters of an anime that aren't complete ****s? I know it's Japan and they're like super mega perverts, so finding a girl character like that is going to be like finding a girl who thinks Mr. T has crazy amounts of sex appeal. So please, enlighten me.

tl;dr- A girl primary character of a JAPANESE cartoon that isn't a total ho bag. Find it, GOGOGOGO!
jhoijhoi wrote:

Also, I think the levels of immorality in this thread are astounding. You'd really throw a child off a boat for your own luggage? Wow.

Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 16, 2012 11:59pm | Report
School Rumble, Toradora, off the top of my head.

Basically, ones that are actually aimed towards girls, lol. I would have to think harder to think of one aimed towards guys. However, Bleach's Rukia is a main character and not a **** / sexed up at all. EDIT: Not to say Bleach isn't full of sexed up girls, but Rukia is not one, though if you're not counting the insurance girls from Trigun you might not count her as a "main character."
Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 17, 2012 12:01am | Report
Samurai Champloo.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 17, 2012 12:04am | Report
Diesel wrote:

Samurai Champloo.

wut
Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 17, 2012 12:05am | Report
Mowen wrote:

wut

Fuu was never open in that Anime, she got sold out once, but never wanted it.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 17, 2012 12:06am | Report
That doesn't mean she's not a completely sexualized and scantily clad character who's jiggling breasts are often the focus of the animation.
Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 17, 2012 12:09am | Report
Mowen wrote:

That doesn't mean she's not a completely sexualized and scantily clad character who's jiggling breasts are often the focus of the animation.

It's not certainly as bad as pretty much every thing else out there.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 17, 2012 12:24am | Report
Toshabi wrote:

tl;dr- A girl primary character of a JAPANESE cartoon that isn't a total ho bag. Find it, GOGOGOGO!

By cartoon I assume you encompass animation too.

Princess Mononoke:
- San (Mononoke)
- Lady Eboshi

Spirited Away:
- Chihiro Ogino
- Lin

I don't watch many Japanese productions, but those are the first I thought of.
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 17, 2012 12:40am | Report
mhm..
I know an anime where are almost no woman/or they get killed :D
Ao no Exorcist - or atleast I can't remember epic anime!

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 17, 2012 12:58am | Report
Diesel wrote:

Samurai Champloo.

I would like to say so, but me and my friends came to the conclusion that the character herself isn't a ho bag, however, the show exploits her sexually too much (especially during the artist episode). Not a bad choice.

School Rumble I would have to say so (especially in regards to Tenma), but hmm hmm hmm, we're not really sure about that, seeing how Harima seems to be the main focus most of the time. I actually nominated that anime, but the rest of my friends didn't really see eye to eye with me.

I still gotto check out Toradora. That might actually be our winner!

Spirited away wins it for the movie category, though I'm looking more for anime series if anything.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide