Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

strife

Creator: caucheka February 21, 2014 2:11am
17 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
what do you think of strife?
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2014 2:11am | Report
anyone out here playing strife right now? i just got my beta key a few days ago and have been enjoying it so far.

tb video here
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Nera
<Member>
Nera's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2014 4:55am | Report
got my beta keys and stuff but didnt get the chance to try it yet :( will check it out probably over the weekend:D
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2014 5:39am | Report
I took a look at the video and I must say, just like TB that I'm concerned about the ability to kill enemy players.
If it's easy to regenerate damage and little hard CC then killing players will be harder. And if killing players is harder the game will be more passive and focused on farming than even LoL is. And I'm not sure I like that.

Other than that I like a lot of the mechanics they put in place regarding reducing toxicity.
Also, cat mage.
"We've had a few gloomy years with bad console ports, and what do we get in the light at the end of the console-tunnel? A tablet OS ported to PC." - Atlas Tasume, on Windows 8
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2014 8:34am | Report
yeah, it is a bit more of a problem i will agree, having played it a lot.

though if you aren't stacking defenses and you do get caught you'll explode pretty quickly, but theres still been times when **** is ********.

just gotta take the flash or ghost boots.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2014 8:30pm | Report
oh for anyone who doesnt know

theres an open beta weekend coming up, or something like that.

heres link http://trial.strife.com/ have to register before feb 24th.
Nera
<Member>
Nera's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2014 2:09am | Report
tried it over the weekend. loved it. i love it because to me its not as competitive as Leagues. Leagues at first i played to have fun and didnt really care for improving and such. but then i switched the tone on that one when i wanted silver badly and decided to improve my general gameplay and play to win.

While on the other hand strife doesnt have a competitive system yet. ive played a few games so far with my trusty pet tortus the turtle and love him so far:D. been playing caprice. didnt get the chance to try any of the other heroes though at this moment.

Nera
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2014 2:49am | Report
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Tauricus2017 ♡
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2014 3:05pm | Report
so for those who have a beta key (and arent just gonna get to play over the trial weekend) if you want more food/ore/elixers, you can easily farm those in a bot game.

everyone goes bot and builds captains crest, default (non-crafted) item gives 20 armor and mr to minions and it STACKS. good heroes for this are bo for his e (and q helps farm minions), caprice (aoe minion farm), and vermillion (turrets, also helps with minions).

by the time minions spawn, you have about 4 and a half minions to win before the bots start to respond to opposing lanes, any time before then bots will just push the lane they go to.

you have the same chances of rewards as in a normal game, but why play a 40 minute game with people when you can farm bots for crafting.

another fun trick is that you can take the baron equivalent at level 1, without the need to have smites.
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2014 2:54am | Report
If any from EU wanna play, my strife nick is femrilu
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2014 11:19pm | Report
alright hey sorry to somewhat necropost this (it was still on the front page it counts)

but i have 2 beta keys for this game. none of my friends want em so if you want one idk i'll give em out or something.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide