Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

The Fallout 4 Forum

Creator: TheRealCefor November 8, 2015 11:34pm
92 posts - page 3 of 10
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2015 3:46am | Report
Lugignaf wrote:
I've been unexcited for FO4 since it's announcement. Mostly 'cause I'd never really played any of the other games, and I didn't have the money. :I

Stay away. Go play New Vegas if you wanna play Fallout.
As much as I would like to play Fallout 4, I don't have anything that can run it, so I'll be passing on Fallout 4 and making do with New Vegas... For now...

Just wait for a sale. Buying a Bethesda game on launch takes a special kind of moron.
I don't expect the vanilla game to be that great when I buy bethesda games, I buy them for their longevity through mods and as sandboxes.

THEN. DON'T. BUY. THEM. ON. RELEASE.
(under the assumption that you did)
I still have not slept playing this game and I haven't ran into any big bugs.

Yeah, no bugs. None at all. Nope.

Pretty great review from George as usual, but I think he's a bit too forgiving with the huge number of issues.
Still, what he said is perfectly true: you'd do much better to buy The Witcher 3 or Metal Gear Solid 5 over Fallout 4. Both are clearly superior games (he's got reviews on both of them on the channel btw).
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2015 4:53am | Report
Searz wrote:

Just wait for a sale. Buying a Bethesda game on launch takes a special kind of moron.

I typically don't buy games on launch, and rarely pre-order. I don't get the point of preordering anymore honestly, ESPECIALLY for digital games. I understand that you may want to preorder to reserve your copy of game so it isn't sold out, which is a bit odd in this day and age considering the vast amount of copies being produced of triple A games, but there's no reason to preorder a game digitally other than the scumbag developers that decide to put in preorder exclusives. That's another discussion, though.

Buying on launch is fair enough, but once again, if you're planning on buying it digitally, then you can wait a day, heck, a few hours on the same day of release to check the general consensus of the game. If you want to be a "special" individual in a sea of the millions that want to say they were one of the first to ever play a new game, hey, who am I to judge. I just don't see the rationale behind it.

Also, to address the quote directly, the price isn't an issue for me, it's that I can't run the bloody thing because my PC is archaic and my consoles are last gen.
Imma 'bout to end this man's whole career
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
ri]
Imma 'bout to end this man's whole career
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2015 3:29pm | Report
It's not that I think you're short on cash or anything, that's just a general smart thing to do. Wait until a heavy discount, because at that point there's bound to be loads of bugfixes and some mods available.
"Moral justification is a powerful disengagement mechanism. Destructive conduct is made personally and socially acceptable by portraying it in the service of moral ends." - Albert Bandura

"Ultimately, if people lose their willingness to recognize that there are times in our history when legality becomes distinct from morality, we aren't just ceding control of our rights to government, but our futures." - Edward Snowden
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2015 4:41pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Stay away. Go play New Vegas if you wanna play Fallout.

Looks like I know what I'm buying when I get the money.
TheRealCefor
<Member>
TheRealCefor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2015 8:44pm | Report
Searz wrote:
Buying a Bethesda game on launch takes a special kind of moron.

Geez you don't have to be a ****, Searz. After playing for 24+ plus hours I have not experienced any bugs AT ALL. This is a very good game and many people like it. I know this is a open forum I started for people to talk about this new release and express their feelings, good or bad, but don't you dare think you can go around all high and mighty with this ******** you posted. Calling people morons for trying to enjoy a game at release and overall trying to steer everyone away from it because you personally have something against it.

I'm sorry I even started this forum, I should have saw this coming for the start. I will longer post on this site and keep to Mobafire's private Skype chat to avoid all the negative posts from negative people. To everyone that did post on this forum that has gotten to know me personally, I'm sorry for this rant. To everyone else, you have turned me away from expressing myself on this site and that sickens me dearly.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2015 9:32pm | Report
Alternatively you could just not post in off-topic because Searz hasn't played league since PBE.

Basically MOBAFire.
TheRealCefor
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2015 10:37pm | Report
Alternatively you could just not post in off-topic because Searz hasn't played league since PBE.

Yea, I might have over-reacted, I just felt offended. A few people have already told me to ignore what he says because that's just what he does. My bad but on the other hand, has anyone beaten the main story yet?
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2015 11:08pm | Report
Need i point out that a small portion of the fun of bethesda games is encountering bugs? Most of them are humorous, and i have yet to encounter a game breaking one. Telling people not to buy one because of bugs is pretty ****ty. Only thing id actually advise people not to buy a game on launch for is the always online kind of games that always go down on launch.
TheRealCefor
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2015 11:22pm | Report
Only thing id actually advise people not to buy a game on launch for is the always online kind of games that always go down on launch.

I definitely agree, I'm sure everyone remembers the hell that was the release of GTA Online. My god that was ***ing terrible, even Metal Gear Online is suffering due to release bugs but hopefully those get ironed out before it is released for the PC version.
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2015 11:28pm | Report
Bugs like MissingNo and the types of bugs found in Super Mario World can be beneficial to the game and are fine but crashes, graphical errors, animation errors, voice acting errors, immersion breaking bugs in a role playing game are not the kind of bugs we should be accepting in a game.
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide