Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Creator: Fox Rage October 9, 2012 6:09pm
264 posts - page 10 of 27
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2012 3:27pm | Report
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Charizard_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29#Type_effectiveness
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Blastoise_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29#Type_effectiveness
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Venusaur_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29#Type_effectiveness

Venusaur has the same amount of weaknesses as "strengths". The other 2 have better ratios.

Charizard also has the best stats (534 vs 530 vs 525) while Venusaur has the worst.
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2012 3:31pm | Report
Done with day 1!

Got one badge!
Lvl 18 Charmeleon named Charcoal.
Lvl 14 Pidgy named Birdbrain.
Lvl 10 Pikachu named Chuu with a female sign after. He's a transvestite you see.
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2012 3:39pm | Report
You lucky bastard lol. Pikachu being your first enconter in Viridian Forest. I iz jealous. BUT MY NIDOKING RAPES YOUR WHOLE TEAM, ALL AT THE SAME TIME, CAUS HE'S NIDOKING AND THAT'S HOW NIDOKING ROLL SO IT'S K.

I used to pick Charizard every game back when I was kid with my gameboy advance. But last weekend when I was at my bro's place (read intro), I saw a picture that made mewant to play Bulbaur for the first time. And I admit, Canoas is right on this one. Venusaur's da ****.

Spoiler: Click to view

We were, of course, completely sober when we decided to download pokemon.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
ChaosxSoul
<Member>
ChaosxSoul's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2012 4:14pm | Report
Fox Rage wrote:

I saw a picture that made mewant to play Bulbaur for the first time. And I admit, Canoas is right on this one. Venusaur's da ****.

Spoiler: Click to view

Where did you find that picture? I can't stop laughing now. You sure you were sober when you that picture of Weedasaur?
Thanks to TinyStar for making me this awesome sig
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2012 4:43pm | Report
So, I played for a few hours.

I might have caught too many pokemon though.

I caught one for every like section...

For example, I just got onto the S.S. Anne, and I have like 9 pokemon.

Fred the meowth, Steve the Ivysaur, Sandra the Raticate, Shauna the Fearow, Greg the Butterfree, John the Oddish, Dani the Pidgey, George the Geodude, and Ken the mankey.
Tri lane for life.
ChaosxSoul
<Member>
ChaosxSoul's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2012 4:58pm | Report
And another one of my pokemon died:
Fox Rage wrote:

Therefore, Poison is your worst enemy in the Nuzlocke Challenge, right after Self-Destruct.

You weren't kidding when you said that. Damn you Koffing for explosing on my beedrill.
Thanks to TinyStar for making me this awesome sig
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2012 7:28pm | Report
well since its just on a ROM and i cant play with people and the only hack im gonna use is the shiny one...i dont even understand the EV training so why use hacks for it if i dont care about it?

EDIT: yes searz i am jealous =[
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2012 7:34pm | Report
EV training is just another way of maximizing which stats you would rather have on which pokemon. I used to do it the old fashioned way that took like 10 hours to make one pokemon ...

If I helped you, click that +rep!
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2012 7:38pm | Report
Searz wrote:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Charizard_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29#Type_effectiveness
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Blastoise_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29#Type_effectiveness
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Venusaur_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29#Type_effectiveness

Venusaur has the same amount of weaknesses as "strengths". The other 2 have better ratios.

Charizard also has the best stats (534 vs 530 vs 525) while Venusaur has the worst.

yet you fail to take into account that pretty much every pokemon will have a rock, water or electric move. four out of five of charizard's resistance are rarely used. there are very few fighting, bug, steel and fire abilities used competitively, so he really only has 2 resistances: ground and grass. They're pretty common, specially ground, but still not enough to make up for the 3 weaknesses that pretty much every pokemon uses, specially when he gets 1 hit KO by rock.
So, what does charizard have to counter his weaknesses? he can't use lightning since Gen.1 so there's no way to counter water types. He can counter electric with earthquake, but electric attacks will bemade by non-electric pokemon like starmie or electric pokemon who are faster than Charizard, he has no way of attacking first. How will he fight rock? His steel and fighting moves are physical so he won't deal much dmg with them. He has absolutely no counters whatsoever.
Either way what position will he have on your team? Special Sweeper? Sorry, but an Alakazam, for example, would be sooooooo much better than Charizard as a special sweeper. He's squishy as well but at least Alakazam has the speed and sp. attack to make up for it. Charizard is just not fast enough, he won't get the first attack.

Like any other pokemon, Charizard is fine for "solo" play. No trainer will be a match for your lvl 100 pokemons. However, if you try to play against someone who knows what he's doing then a charizard is pretty much the same as a empty slot in your team. He is subpar no matter how you look at it.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2012 7:46pm | Report
canoas this is a thread for the Nuzlocke challenge not a thread for professional pokemon play if you wanna talk about professional pokemon you should make a thread about that instead of derailing this one :D
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide