Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The platforms that interest game developers

Creator: Searz March 2, 2013 8:35am
1 2
FishmanDerp
<Member>
FishmanDerp's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2013 6:45pm | Report
Searz wrote:
No, I will most certainly have to disagree with that statement.
Casual games will never kill hardcore games.
There will always be a market for hardcore games, as proven by this site's existence; MobaFire wouldn't exist if there wasn't a market for hardcore games. (yes, LoL is pretty damn hardcore compared to Angry Birds)

True, true. I just always find myself comparing Morrowind to Skyrim for example, wishing that the latter wasn't such a dumbed-down title. The shooter genre getting squished into one single type of game (Loadouts, military guys, yay!) is also painful to watch.

MOBAs will hopefully always be complex games. The only exceptions I see are Guardians of Middle-Earth and Awesomenauts. Both are for consoles, though, so complex gaming mechanics wouldn't work well at all.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2013 9:12pm | Report
oh god, why did you have to remind me that game exists.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2013 8:55am | Report

True, true. I just always find myself comparing Morrowind to Skyrim for example, wishing that the latter wasn't such a dumbed-down title. The shooter genre getting squished into one single type of game (Loadouts, military guys, yay!) is also painful to watch.

That's not relevant to the rise of the casual market on smartphones and tablets :P

That's just games that suffer from the incredible amount of homogenization that mainstream publishers like to apply to their titles. They're blunting everything out as much as possible, so that nobody could hurt themselves on a sharp edge, when in many cases the experience just isn't the same without those edges. But there is most certainly a market for games with those "edges" too; The Witcher 2 is a great example of that.
Quoted:
MOBAs will hopefully always be complex games.

MOBAs will be like any other genre we have.
There will be incredibly complex ones (like DotA) "simple" ones (like Awesomenauts) and those in the middle (like LoL). There will always be games of differing complexity in any genre. (like with FPS games: CS:GO > BF3 > CoD in complexity)
Even though by its nature, MOBA is a more complicated genre than most, being almost on par with RTS games, I think.

Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2013 9:04am | Report
isn't BF3 > CoD in complexity? Or are you saying the reverse that CS:GO is the top or something lel. I don't know about about CS sooooo....

____━━____┓━╭━━━━━╮
____━━____┗┓|::::::^━━━^
____━━____━┗|:::::|。◕‿‿­­­­◕。|
____━━____━━╰O--O-O--O ╯

Fear the power of the Nyan!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2013 9:59am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

isn't BF3 > CoD in complexity? Or are you saying the reverse that CS:GO is the top or something lel. I don't know about about CS sooooo....

Lol.
Read what I said again and stop saying stupid things :P
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide