Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ubisoft PC and the filthy nasty pirateses.

Creator: caucheka August 22, 2012 8:20am
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2012 11:38am | Report
caucheka wrote:

<3
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2012 11:49am | Report
Canoas wrote:

But if you don't support the company why the hell would you expect them to improve their games? They won't, it will just go downhill. If they don't get enough money from a game there's no reason to use more money on the next. It's a major risk.

I actually don't want Ubisoft to make PC games whatsoever.
Tri lane for life.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2012 4:06pm | Report
Well, imo this 95% is indeed possible.
But they state it as if the pirates are the acutal problem, that's what's totally wrong with this statement.
The major part of these pirates are only a RESULT.

****py pc-ports, no originality, wasted everything on graphics, bugs, etcetcetc.
Result: "I want to try it, at least test what they did with their new product, but why should I waste 50 or more bucks on it?" = pirating as it's own "F2P" system.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2012 11:17pm | Report
demos dont work either, since thats only reflective of the 2 levels or so that you play, and not the entire game.

at least with movies you can go redbox and spend a dollar for a measly 2-3 hours of entertainment, if you didnt like the movie not much harm done right?

i bought heroes of might and magic 6 day one, since i was a long time fan of the series. i also played the demo to make sure it ran. the demo ran just fine, so i bought the game. yet the game didnt work.

nothing i did would make the game work, and several people on the forums were having the same problem. it was only about a month after release did ubisoft take their heads out of their ***es to say 'whoops, we decided to take out laptop support and not tell you, sorry.'

ubisoft offered no refund, and barely even apologized for the mess.

still after a year the game does not work on laptops, and someone did find a work around though and i forgot what it was but it involved adding a new script to something.

and this is a side note, but the developers of homm6 worked night and day, even weekends, to make the game happen, even when ubisoft told them to change **** every other month pretty much up to release. they had to fight hard to get **** that had been a staple of the series to be included in the game, and in the end ubisoft gets away with blaming them and letting them get shut down for bankruptcy while taking all the profit of the game.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2012 11:41pm | Report
This thread... Caucheka, why do you even bother playing video games anymore?
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 1:08am | Report
We all know that not all companies want profit from ****ing over their customers.
Valve is probably a prime example of that at the moment.
They might **** us over in the future, but right now they're being very good to their customers and being rewarded handsomely for it.
"We've had a few gloomy years with bad console ports, and what do we get in the light at the end of the console-tunnel? A tablet OS ported to PC." - Atlas Tasume, on Windows 8
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 4:35am | Report

Quoted:
Everyone gets that we need some level of protection, or we’re going to be in business for free... [But it was] a minority of [anti-DRM] people that orchestrated a great PR program. They picked the highest-profile game they could find. I respect them for the success of their movement.

I'm guessing that half of them were pirates, and the other half were people caught up in something that they didn’t understand. If I’d had a chance to have a conversation with them, they’d have gotten it... There are different ways to do DRM; the most successful is what WoW does. They just charge you by the month.

=.= This guy is evil incarnate.

Remember that 90% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
I believe that's kinda relevant to the topic in question.

http://torrentfreak.com/eureka-ditching-drm-decreases-piracy-111008/
"You can't have your privacy violated if you don't know your privacy is violated." - Mike Rogers, U.S. Representative for Michigan's 8th congressional district, 2013
I.e: Mike Rogers doesn't think it's rape unless the victim knows (s)he has been raped. Sounds legit.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 2:37pm | Report
john ravioli?

its a lil quiet.

I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 2:58pm | Report
Ya, that's a classic.

This one's quite good too:
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 5:11pm | Report
ITT: CauchekaxSearz becomes viable.

Can't wait till my creative mind gets back to work!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide